Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVincent Carr's SUMIC for Prog Folk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vincent Carr's SUMIC for Prog Folk
    Posted: April 01 2014 at 15:33
BAND NAME - Vincent Carr's SUMIC

SUBGENRE - Prog Folk

Started in 2006 as a way to record and present compositions that mostly fall into the prog / folk arena. Mostly instrumental, though the odd song does pop up occasionally, SUMIC is a very natural fusion of progressive rock and folk, utilising a lot of the folk sound world with more progressive composing, the emphasis being primarily on melody, which in these modern times of rhythm and texture is slightly unusual.

There have been three albums released so far -

Vincent Carr's SUMIC (2008)

Tyne Changes (2011)

and latest album 'VCS3'.

The music can be heard on Soundcloud at https://soundcloud.com/vincent-carr-2

and at Bandcamp at http://vincentcarrssumic.bandcamp.com
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 19:44
This topic is a month old now, and didn't get any replies up to yet.

I'm listening to the debut from 2008 right now and loving it. That's one extra 'like' you've gained on facebook, if nothing else! LOL

I'm not entirely sure that you have had a wide enough public exposure as yet to be eligible for an evaluation for inclusion on here.  It has often been pointed out by persons far more familiar with the ins and outs of progarchives than myself that they don't want to see the site become cluttered with bands who have just a handful of likes on facebook, half a dozen downloads on bandcamp, and not even a mention on RYM - let alone a review or rating on there.

With the growth of sites such as bandcamp it has become very easy for almost anyone with a bit of knowledge about computers and Digital Audio Workstations to put together an album of prog in their bedroom or cellar and get it streamed/sold on the Internet. That's not intended as a slur on bandcamp at all - it is a platform also used by a good many record labels to get their artists' work out into the public domain - but sites such as this one have to be careful with what they accept from the vast and ever-growing library of potential candidates that can be found on there.

We will need to wait for one of our collaborators to check your proposal out to know whether it will be taken any further right now, but I'm pretty sure that with time and a bit more exposure, this music will certainly merit an evaluation at some stage in the not too distant future.

Thanks for posting!  Thumbs Up
Vincent Carr's SUMIC View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 01:38
thanks for the reply and I'm glad at least that you've taken the time. I cannot disagree with anything you have said!
 Post Reply Post Reply