Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello! And question RE selling CDs....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 13:40

Thanks for the continental greeting Dayvenkirq....

Dean - you should treat yourself.  They are such a great band.  Do you own any of their other stuff?  Any favourites?

For tea I had lasagne.  It was yesterday's left overs, but good nonetheless....  You?  I've not checked out Ian Anderson's album.  Would you recommend it?  

Out of interest, do you display the same kind of traits to your loved ones and friends?  Or is it your on line "alter ego" that allows you to expel such characteristics so that the brighter side of your personality can shine in the "real world"?

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 14:24
Originally posted by Max Dread Max Dread wrote:

Dean - you should treat yourself.  They are such a great band.  Do you own any of their other stuff?  Any favourites?

I prefer FLA and Ministry but do own Mind and The Process. Like the Legendary Pink Dots and Test Department, they were an interesting diversion but later developments in Industrial rock and metal rapidly overshadowed them IMO. 

For tea I had lasagne.  It was yesterday's left overs, but good nonetheless....  You?  I've not checked out Ian Anderson's album.  Would you recommend it?  

I haven't eaten yet, there's a shoulder of pork slow-roasting in the oven that I'll serve as "pulled-pork" with a tortilla flatbread and a green salad.

I bought the Anderson album yesterday but haven't found time to give it a listen yet, which is why I asked if you had.

Out of interest, do you display the same kind of traits to your loved ones and friends?  Or is it your on line "alter ego" that allows you to expel such characteristics so that the brighter side of your personality can shine in the "real world"?

I'm pretty much WYSIWYG, like most people I can be a bit of a prick in real life just as easily as online. Perhaps if you could indicate exactly were I crossed the line then I can watch out for such behaviour in the future.

Edited by Dean - April 19 2014 at 14:47
What?
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 14:26
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I prefer FLA and Ministry but do own Mind and The Process. Like the Legendary Pink Dots and Test Department, they were an interesting diversion but later developments in Industrial rock and metal rapidly overshadowed them IMO. 

I haven't eaten yet, there's a shoulder of pork slow-roasting in the oven that I'll serve as "pull-pork" with a tortilla flatbread and a green salad.

I bought the Anderson album yesterday but haven't found time to give it a listen yet, which is why I asked if you had.

I'm pretty much WYSIWYG, like most people I can be a bit of a prick in real life just as easily as online. Perhaps if you could indicate exactly were I crossed the line then I can watch out for such behaviour in the future.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries... Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 14:40
My dad was born in Suffolk and thus did indeed smell of elderberries.
What?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 14:43
Originally posted by Kentucky_Hawkwindage Kentucky_Hawkwindage wrote:

Dean-I was simply taking up for Max Dread.All he did was politely ask a question about selling CD's on here & got a bunch of BS in return. 
I never did like bullies....
A bunch!?

Brian and myself suggested other sites where he could sell CDs. I also pointed out that there are no threads here were other people have listed CDs for sale. I said he could then use Get The Word Out to tell us where he was selling them. I don't see that as bullsh*t, I don't see that as being impolite and I certainly don't see it as bullying.

But maybe you are right. Maybe I should have done what every other **cker did and completely ignore his question. It certainly would have been a lot simpler all round.
What?
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 15:20
You called me a **cker! Now I'm offended!

Also, now I've got "Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, dum-dum-dum-the-night..." stuck in my head, and a craving for lupin soup. Thanks! Thanks a lot!

Carcharodon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 06:09
I'd also suggest Discogs for the purpose
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 11:57

Thanks for the continental greeting Dayvenkirq....
I just got tired of "Hello", "Welcome", etc. I even threw in "Welcome to the party, pal" a couple of times. Just seemed boring. I've noticed we get a few newbies every month, which is nice.

Yes, as Dean pointed, I'd rather be cautious, ... nay, restrain myself from selling stuff here. I sold some of my CDs on Craigslist; others for sale are still sitting nervously on my shelves.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - April 21 2014 at 12:07
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12