TFTO a symphony... Wacko
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 22:16
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

TFTO a symphony... Wacko

T, it's like this. Mosh is an artiste, and artistes do not use words like us regular folk, with all those bourgeois definitions, conventions and annoying bits of grammatical nonsense that holds the general public in thrall to dialogic clarity. On the contrary, he paints broad strokes with his lexicon, where mere words become the etymological watercolors of a surreal conversational pallette. They don't have to make sense to you and me, because it is not about making sense, as common sense is subjective, and evidently uncommon. 

So yes, TFTO is a symphony, because the meaning of "symphony", or at least what we believe to be the definition of "symphony", no longer applies. Just like the term "prog rock" is not "prog rock" as we know it because 99% of the musical output of prog rock bands are what we call "songs". But "songs" cannot in any way fully encompass the true meaning of "prog rock" and therefore to say you like "this song by Yes" or "that song by Jethro Tull" or "the other song by King Crimson" is inapplicable.

Henceforth, you must refer to a song as a vitelloni, an Italian word of dubious definition found in the title of a Federico Fellini film. And please, don't ask me to explain why -- what would you know of Italian cinema?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
silverpot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 07:19
!!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 10:21
Having watched Fellini's 8 1/2, I can tell you it is a perfect visual description of Moshkito's posts, with the same sense of structural coherence and the same clarity of thematic material. 

Is music music? 
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 03:40
Say no to structures
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 16:10
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Henceforth, you must refer to a song as a vitelloni, an Italian word of dubious definition found in the title of a Federico Fellini film. And please, don't ask me to explain why -- what would you know of Italian cinema? ...

STOP MAKING SENSE

Tongue

Wink

You just missed the magic bus! The trip went much further than you care to admit and have tried. You probably were way too square to know it!

Cool

PS: I much more like the beginning of "Intervista" ... just watch it, until after the helicopter and the kid. I'm not exactly the kid, but sometimes I am the kid, and kids would not know the difference! But some evangelicals have to go on a rampage about all the stupid stuff ... and basically tell a kid he can't be a kid!  And I look at some admins here as the same kind of evangelicals, telling us what Progressive (Prog as well) is supposed to be!

If you want to see how I really "see" music ... check out my staging for "Lamb" and "TFTO" on this thread. This is "normal" for me when I hear some of these pieces, and one of the reasons why "songs" are crap ... they have no "vision" and you are supposed to supplant YOUR OWN by the lyrics. It doesn't work for :"visual folks". It might for others!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=97264&PN=2

But all "creative", and "original" artists, will always have that strange/weird streak with them!

Edited by moshkito - May 03 2014 at 16:29
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 18:17
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Henceforth, you must refer to a song as a vitelloni, an Italian word of dubious definition found in the title of a Federico Fellini film. And please, don't ask me to explain why -- what would you know of Italian cinema? ...

STOP MAKING SENSE

Tongue

Wink

You just missed the magic bus! The trip went much further than you care to admit and have tried. You probably were way too square to know it!

Cool

PS: I much more like the beginning of "Intervista" ... just watch it, until after the helicopter and the kid. I'm not exactly the kid, but sometimes I am the kid, and kids would not know the difference! But some evangelicals have to go on a rampage about all the stupid stuff ... and basically tell a kid he can't be a kid!  And I look at some admins here as the same kind of evangelicals, telling us what Progressive (Prog as well) is supposed to be!

If you want to see how I really "see" music ... check out my staging for "Lamb" and "TFTO" on this thread. This is "normal" for me when I hear some of these pieces, and one of the reasons why "songs" are crap ... they have no "vision" and you are supposed to supplant YOUR OWN by the lyrics. It doesn't work for :"visual folks". It might for others!

But all "creative", and "original" artists, will always have that strange/weird streak with them!

Mosh, the farther you go, the further you are gone. There are some observatory telescopes that can't track you.

But I wish you well in your current trajectory. You give new meaning to Bowie's "Space Oddity". Unfortunately, I want no part of your trip, Major Tom.

And since you seem unwilling to remain earthbound and answer a simple question asked several times, I am uninterested in deciphering any further new age gibberish.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789