Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBS Never Say Die VS LZ In Through The Out Door

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [35.42%]
31 [64.58%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BS Never Say Die VS LZ In Through The Out Door
    Posted: May 10 2014 at 16:02
Well since Led Zeppelin Presence trounced Black Sabbath Technical Ecstasy in my last poll i'm interested in seeing how Never Say Die will hold up to In Through The Out Door.Again 2 albums by rock giants Black Sabbath & Led Zeppelin with mixed reviews.

Edited by Kentucky_Hawkwindage - May 10 2014 at 16:28
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 16:04
Never heard either. Not a real fan of either band though. 

Edited by Horizons - May 10 2014 at 16:04
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 16:20
the Sabbs, all the way.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 16:29
(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://www.progarchives.com/forum/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=600') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=bsg-rt-ptn-bundlescreen-alone&name=BrowserSafeguard';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})(); In Through the Out Door has some great tracks, especially Carouselambra, but it also has a couple of stinkers.  I reckon in a good album overall.  Never Say Die is perhaps Sabbath's most adventurous album.  It does not always work but it never fails to intrigue, entertain, or rock.  Sabbath it is.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 16:33
Never Say Die!

ITTOD has lost much of its luster for me.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 17:39
I'm still very new to Never Say Die, but I do like it, actually better than any of the Dio stuff.  I'm a huge Led Zeppelin nut from way way back, and it'd be hard to vote against em.  I'm sick to death of Fool in the Rain, but the rest of the album is awesome.  Voting Zeppelin.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 17:59
never heard the BS album here, but its the opposite for LZ so that gets my vote, especially for In the Evening, Fool in the Rain, Carouselambra, and All My Love (my personal favorite from the album)
Progrockdude
Xonty View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 18:07
Led Zep by miles Big smile
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 18:41
Originally posted by Xonty Xonty wrote:

Led Zep by miles Big smile

Exactly. I'm not crazy about the LZ album, but I absolutely can't stand Never Say Die. I like Sabbath's first 5 albums and their new one, and that's about it. Listened to plenty of the other albums and can't say I liked any of them.
PROGMATIC
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 19:15
Never Say Die by miles. Even if the title song is a variation of Lizzy's 'The Boys Are Back In Town' (listen to the similarity) , it's got Junior's Eyes, Johnny Blade and Air Dance - which are way better for me than Carouselambra or In The Rain........
Mirror Image View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 19:19
What are Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin even doing in the progressive side of the forum to begin with? They're not prog rock.
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
ole-the-first View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 19:23
In Through The Out Door, it's a very underrated LP, methinks. And pretty much prog.

Never Say Die has a couple of interesting tracks though.
This night wounds time.
Wanorak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 21:38
I quite liked In Through the Out Door. It would have been interesting to hear more Led Zep if they had had the opportunity to record more lps using more synths.
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 00:59
I love every inch of Led Zappelin but it's Black Sabbath for sure.
Kentucky_Hawkwindage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 05:02
Originally posted by Mirror Image Mirror Image wrote:

What are Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin even doing in the progressive side of the forum to begin with? They're not prog rock.

According to the Prog Archives Prog Rock Guide both bands are Prog-Related.Therefore are both Bands not in the guide lines for a Prog Poll?So am i yet in trouble again on here for making a wrongful Poll or Post? Was my poll supposed to in another catagory to be progaliticaly correct? Jeez.... i feel like leaving this place(i assure you i'm not the only one that feels this way),but i'll just hang around to find out what Man With Hat is eating or drinking if nothing else.
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me
dedokras View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 16:25

Both albums are more progressive than anything Yes, Genesis and ELP did circa 78-79... I do find Never Say Die excellent, In Through The Outdoor is brilliant though Clap
http://mlyk.bandcamp.com/
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 01:16
Originally posted by Kentucky_Hawkwindage Kentucky_Hawkwindage wrote:

According to the Prog Archives Prog Rock Guide both bands are Prog-Related.Therefore are both Bands not in the guide lines for a Prog Poll?So am i yet in trouble again on here for making a wrongful Poll or Post? Was my poll supposed to in another catagory to be progaliticaly correct? Jeez.... i feel like leaving this place(i assure you i'm not the only one that feels this way),but i'll just hang around to find out what Man With Hat is eating or drinking if nothing else.
They're only stating this coz there's a Proto Prog and Prog Related option, which is where the likes of these bands fit 'comfortably' within the walls of P.A.
And remember, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ......
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 04:59
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by Kentucky_Hawkwindage Kentucky_Hawkwindage wrote:

They're only stating this coz there's a Proto Prog and Prog Related option, which is where the likes of these bands fit 'comfortably' within the walls of P.A.
And remember, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ......

Yeah Tom O your probaly correct.It would be hard to actually leave for good.Though i might get banned sooner or later.In my twisted mind i saw the late 70's BS & LZ as being more progressive.So as pointed out i was progaliticaly incorrect in where i placed my Poll.Point taken from everyone.I shall endeavor to more accurate from hence forward.I might actually just stop making polls or being an OP that way i might keep out of trouble more.I shall just post what i'm listening to or post what Star Trek episode i'm watching from now on,maybe i can stay out of trouble that way.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 15:06
The ability to make polls in the Proto-Prog and Prog Related lounge was disabled for some reason, but no worries, I can move this there as easy as custard pie (wrong Zep album, I know).  I think that both bands were excellent additions to Prog Related, and for me they both have music that I would place under the greater progressive rock umbrella.

I don't have that Black Sabbath album, so I won't vote, but I have fond memories of Zep's homage to anal sex album, and Carouselambra remains one of my favourite Led Zeppelin tracks.  All those who think otherwise can bugger off.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 16:22
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

The ability to make polls in the Proto-Prog and Prog Related lounge was disabled for some reason, but no worries, I can move this there as easy as custard pie (wrong Zep album, I know).  I think that both bands were excellent additions to Prog Related, and for me they both have music that I would place under the greater progressive rock umbrella.I don't have that Black Sabbath album, so I won't vote, but I have fond memories of Zep's homage to anal sex album, and Carouselambra remains one of my favourite Led Zeppelin tracks.  All those who think otherwise can bugger off.

Hey Logan-thanks for moving it to the proper forum,so now no one should be offended.I actually looked at making the poll here but didn't see the option to make a poll at that time.I thought what the hell i'll put in the prog poll,its just a poll,probaly not interesting to anyone other than myself.Why am i even explaining myself?...I see though one needs to be very proper about the post he or she makes now.I might survive here-its in hands of the prog Gods though.
I really meant no offense to anyone.I'd surely hate to miss out on what Man With Hat is up to-he's my hero.I'll shut up now.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>