Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLazland playlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 09:32
Steve, I'm always interested to hear what you guys (Brits) think of that whole Mod scene and your comments remind me of all I've read about the San Fran Haight scene.  There was a "summer of love" but it wasn't much proclaimed '67, it was 65-66 when the true magic happened.  The magic being of course, an innocent youth awakening, multi pronged across various culture and art themes.  By the time the press latched on and the legions of kids started showing up for the "let's get wasted" party, the true magic of the "scene" was over and it just became self-propelled fabrication.  I imagine "swinging Londons" early moments were far superior to the late ones as well.

I do want to find a good book about the early Mod scene though, I'd love to read about it. 

Also, I love that Lazarus video....reminds me of watching my grandparents old home movies.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 14:24
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Steven Wilson. The Raven That Refused To Sing....a work of utter genius. I know, for a fact, this album, when I am still listening to it in 2044 (I will be 80!), it will be on the same terms as when I listen to Nursery Cryme now in 2014, 33 years after the initial release.........I hear something new each time it is played, a frisson of emotion every time it gets spun. Surely this is the definition of musical emotion and pleasure?

I told you so!!! Great blog my friend......will keep stopping by. Can you put out some fresh chips and dip?? The last serving was a bit...stale!
LOL

Na Jośe. Steve would serve quality English Tea and Crumpets and you know it.

Absolutely. One has to keep up standards, one knows!LOL
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 14:36
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Steve, I'm always interested to hear what you guys (Brits) think of that whole Mod scene and your comments remind me of all I've read about the San Fran Haight scene.  There was a "summer of love" but it wasn't much proclaimed '67, it was 65-66 when the true magic happened.  The magic being of course, an innocent youth awakening, multi pronged across various culture and art themes.  By the time the press latched on and the legions of kids started showing up for the "let's get wasted" party, the true magic of the "scene" was over and it just became self-propelled fabrication.  I imagine "swinging Londons" early moments were far superior to the late ones as well.

I do want to find a good book about the early Mod scene though, I'd love to read about it. 

Also, I love that Lazarus video....reminds me of watching my grandparents old home movies.

Jim. That Quadrophenia review of yours (I remember sending you a PM at the time) is the best and most knowing on the site. The irony is that Townsend always said upon returning to tour in the UK from the US that it was nice to come back to where people could understand himLOL

Scenes are always best at the start. Once the media latch on, and make it into a mass popular thing, the magic goes. Mods, rockers, hippies, prog, punk, indie. The list is potentially endless.

I will investigate a book for you re the scene and get back to you.

That Lazarus video is my absolute favourite, and my wife's as well, evocative, emotional, and in keeping with the lyrics perfectly. Just love it
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 15:39
A good day today. I spent a fair bit of money on the boy, who needed a new hard drive for his X Box, and a new game as well.

On PA, a groupie who goes by the name of Matthew Gill started a thread entitled Cheeky Genesis. As the first to respond to it, I stated I didn't have a clue what he was on about.

Well, it transpires that Phil and the boys, in addition to being responsible for the death of prog as we know it (copyright 1976 et seq all knowing proggers) are, apparently, secret perverts as well. Yep. ATOTT is full of secret sexual messages. A Fist Full Of w**kdom. Those beautiful lyrics, full of humanity, are, it seems, merely the deepest fantasies of perversion. And you thought it was just Rolf on trial, eh?

My friends, over the years I have been guilty of many things. It was not, in my younger days, unknown to have a quiet toss over the image of a gorgeous woman. Or, indeed, women. I am, though, innocent, of one thing. I have never tossed over a copy of Trick Of The Tail. Honest........

Anyhow. As I write this, I am watching boxing with my father in law. I purchased the Froch v Groves rematch on Sky PPV, as we had watched the first fight. John was a very good amateur fighter in his day, and still loves the sport, and we are both looking forward to the main bout.

Earlier, the music was entirely non prog. Deep Purple Burn and In Rock (I know they are on the site. But prog?? Nope) whilst working outside this afternoon.

Then, before dinner doing some ironing, I put The Tansads live LP, Drag Down The Moon, on. The Tansads formed in 1990 and came from Wigan. If you think The Levellers, or Chumbawumba, you would be close. Punk folk, with an attitude, they came near to success, but never really made it. The heart of the band were the Kettle brothers, and the gorgeous Janet Anderson. I am not sure how to post a You Tube link, but if you put Tansads in the search tab, you will see them. I saw them live three times, including the 20th anniversary reunion gigs that are definitely on YT. A great band, whose attitude was forged by the Thatcherite destruction of the industry of the North West where they lived. Two fingers up to a sh*te society, and never mind the bollocks. True working class punk, not the plastic cobblers of McLaren and co. For those of you going to see Pendragon at The Citadel in St Helens, that was this great band's spiritual home.

After that, a compilation of Housemartins and Beautiful South tracks. I love Paul Heaton's voice, and this was another band who started off rooted in Northern England working class music and culture. The first two albums had a real edge to them, although this diminished as they became more popular.

I was, tonight, thinking of my Best Man, Nashy, who died of prostate cancer a few months ago. We saw Heaton and co, and The Tansads, a few times. His favourite track of all time, though, was Starless by King Crimson, which is also rather topical with Dylan's 100th birthday. We spent many a happy night blasting out great music, prog and non prog. It would always, though, end with the greatest Mellotron Moment of all time shaking the speakers. 

God rest and bless, Chris. Too soon. A glass us being raised now. You old sodBig smile Always happy, his memory demands happiness, not maudlin. Methinks more wine is, then, requiredLOL
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 15:59
Thanks SteveThumbs Up

I like to quote the composer when possible, esp on an important album like that one.  Probably makes it more on an "article" than a review but I'd rather learn something about the album than just get an opinion, so I try to write that way when I have time to dig.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 17:20
Quick postscript to the evening:

Froch put Groves on his bum in the eighth, and thoroughly deserved his win. Good fight, and a very good and worthy champion.

All off to bed, and all happyTongue
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2014 at 14:28
Today, I listened to the new Mostly Autumn cd, Dressed In Voices, on the Amazon Cloud player during my lunch hour, having pre-ordered it on the self same site.

Yes, I know I should probably have ordered it from the band directly on their website, but it is better than those old illegal downloads, isn't it? At least the band get their royalties. Yes, I know that Amazon are a bunch of tax avoiders. Actually, I do know a little bit about this, given my work. Amazon, whilst acting in a morally questionable way, to say the least, are not doing anything illegal whatsoever. It is their right to base themselves in Luxembourg, and if governments around the world do not have the guts or gumption to start charging corporate tax to income earned in a particular country at the point of sale, rather than allowing these complex residency and transfer pricing rules as they do now, what is a cozy large corporation to do, eh?

Actually, I am not supposed to comment on such things, really, so let us all forget what I wrote above, and state for the record that The Infernal Revenue are right in all things they do, Amazon are fantastic, so are the government, and we can all carry on with this hypocrisy.....sorry......corporate friendly tax regime without any semblance of shame whatsoever.

Yes, dear friends, I do, indeed, get a tug of moral regret whenever I click on that old Amazon button to buy something. I spent over £200 on there this weekend. If there were a UK built alternative, as efficient, as cheap, and with a marvellous, super cloud thingy which allows me to listen to a new purchase before the cd even arrives in my letter box, then I would use said service. However, there isn't, so I can't.

Also, I learnt, some time ago as a fairly politically active creature, that pointless protests are just that.....pointless. Is the entire UK population going to boycott Amazon because of their tax arrangements? No, only a very small proportion, certainly not enough to make a difference. Why? Well, half of the people probably do not even know of those arrangements, and, if they did, most would blame the government, which wouldn't be that far off the mark, really. Also, more to the point, Amazon gives us what we want. A huge range of shopping, easily accessible, delivered quickly and cheaply, and, as with today, the chance to listen to something before I actually have it. If only they had decent competition, eh?

The album itself, on first listen, might just be the finest released by this great band. Very dark, certainly in the subject matter, it hopefully might herald a springboard for greater commercial success. It would certainly be deserved. I did speak to Bryan Josh at a gig in Cardiff, and a really pleasant bloke he is, too. The marriage to Olivia would seem to have sparked a massive creative spark for them both, because she sounds magnificent.

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2014 at 21:04
^ Sounds absolutely great, Steve. I'm so glad we are now 3 pages into your passions in Prog and in life. It's an honor.    It's sounds like you are getting a ton out of your musical library these days (older and new) and I have to say I feel deeply every little bit of the joy you are feeling. I recently picked up a brand new stand alone DAC player from the UK greats, ARCAM. I cannot believe the heightened resolution that I am hearing even with my already stellar audio equipment. Just when you think things can't get better, they do. Anyway, I feel a little like you these days where a sense of rebirth and reflection had been done on my part because I am now re listening/revisiting all my Prog and non Prog favourites because there is so much in the music that I just couldn't hear before. It feels truly wonderful and I felt it would be a good idea to share it with you and others on here.

Have a good day my friend and looking forward to your next list because its very inspiring. As you know I relistened to English Electric pt2 because of the kind, thoughtful words you had to say about the track 'judas Unrependent.'

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2014 at 15:50

^ Sounds absolutely great, Steve. I'm so glad we are now 3 pages into your passions in Prog and in life. It's an honor.    It's sounds like you are getting a ton out of your musical library these days (older and new) and I have to say I feel deeply every little bit of the joy you are feeling. I recently picked up a brand new stand alone DAC player from the UK greats, ARCAM. I cannot believe the heightened resolution that I am hearing even with my already stellar audio equipment. Just when you think things can't get better, they do. Anyway, I feel a little like you these days where a sense of rebirth and reflection had been done on my part because I am now re listening/revisiting all my Prog and non Prog favourites because there is so much in the music that I just couldn't hear before. It feels truly wonderful and I felt it would be a good idea to share it with you and others on here.

Have a good day my friend and looking forward to your next list because its very inspiring. As you know I relistened to English Electric pt2 because of the kind, thoughtful words you had to say about the track 'judas Unrependent.'

Cheers Nicholas. That Judas Unrepentant is a mighty fine piece of music. Hopefully, there is more for you to explore in tonight's list..............
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2014 at 15:53
I had an e-mail today inviting me to review a new album. This is one of the privileges of being a collaborator on this site, that artists give you a free album in order for their wares to be publicised on the world wide intertit. It can, of course, also be a little bit difficult sometimes, because unless you review honestly, then you lose all credibility as a reviewer. Prog fans, especially, can smell bullsh*t at a fairly long distance. So, who to potentially upset? Regular readers, or the hard pressed artist who have put their all into said work? No choice, really. It has to be the latter, because a dishonest, brought, review is always a crime on a site such as ours.

Having said that, I am sure I will enjoy this one when I get to listen to it at the weekend. The last one was genuinely excellent.

I now have a fair old immediate queue of albums to review, three from 2014 (two purchased and one freebie), and an excellent three year old album which I took my time getting, but utterly love. The identities can wait for the day I post the reviews! In addition, I still have a shed full of albums which I need to at least put on record as having an opinion on, and adding to the archival nature of the site.

You might think that this would give me a bit of a kick in order to move on swiftly, get said albums on, and scribe away. Well, no. My life is governed by personal circumstances, moods, priorities, and other issues. I review for pleasure, not for pay, so it is done when I am generally in the mood.

Tonight's mood was for a bit of a mix whilst keeping half an eye on the football. There is no particular sense to tonight's playlist, aside from the fact I wanted to play them!

Anglagard. Hostsjed. Instrumental prog at its finest. The great Swedish band from an album I really must get around to reviewing. I find this track gorgeously pastoral and relaxing after a hard day's work, but with enough mood swings to keep you on your toes.

Arena. Solomon. A marvellous track to end In The Lion's Cage, the band's debut, another album I am to get around to reviewing (actually, there does seem to be a bit of a theme developing in this playlist and blog!). This remains a firm fan favourite nigh on twenty years after it burst onto our decks. Nolan and Pointer created something special with Arena, which made the last album even more of a disappointment, really. This track is bombastic, feeling, moody, and never fails to grab the attention, and ends terrifically uplifting.

Barclay James Harvest. Hymn. This is the live Berlin version, and is my favourite track from a great old band. I adore this song, with its lyrics specifically about the dangers of drug use somewhat ironically creating something deeply spiritual and movingly beautiful.

Blackmore's Night. Wind In The Willows. From Under A Violet Moon, an album with criminally low ratings on this site, and another I will get around to reviewing when I retire, this features a delicious vocal between John Ford of Strawbs fame and the lovely Candice Night. A late evening treat, if ever there was one.

Boomtown Rats. Rat Trap. I wrote the other night about "true punk" from The Tansads. In the same vein, I will never forget an English lesson taken by a student teacher just before Christmas in 1978. He said he wanted to play us a song with deep meaning, open to interpretation, and worthy of intelligent discussion. This came on the cassette deck, and half the morons I shared a class with spent the remainder of the lesson pogoing or gobbing, because it was "punk". The lesson was abandoned in chaos. This is a great piece of music, which is about the finest lyric describing working class life in 70's Belfast. I can forgive Geldof anything for this track.

Wishing Tree. Fly. The gorgeous collaboration between Steven Rothery and Hannah Stobart, this is a highlight of the wonderful Ostara. Rothers is releasing a solo album this year, which I will, of course, buy. I do hope, though, we get more from these two, because it is fantastic.

Genesis. Duke's Travels and Duke's End. A massive two fingers to those who thought Genesis stopped making progressive music after a certain Mr Hackett left. Duke is an album of utter genius and these two closing pieces are utter bombast with attitude. Yes. Real attitude, with emotions searing through every single thumping beat.

Mostly Autumn. Passengers. I mentioned on Monday that I have the brand new album, which I will play a few times over the next week, or so, before reviewing. This, though, is the simply beautiful Heather Findlay singing the simply beautiful title track from the simply beautiful album released in 2003. It is a testament to the talent of Olivia Sparnenn (now Josh!) that Heather is not missed nearly half as much as one expected.

Alan Parsons Project. Limelight. Mmmmmm.......Gary Brooker. What a great piece of music this is. Stereotomy is another album on the retirement to review list!

It has been a hard day's work and last night was hard night's caring. Tell you what, though. Music like this tonight lifts me up so high I never want to come back down.

Nos da all.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2014 at 16:35

Genesis. Duke's Travels and Duke's End. A massive two fingers to those who thought Genesis stopped making progressive music after a certain Mr Hackett left. Duke is an album of utter genius and these two closing pieces are utter bombast with attitude. Yes. Real attitude, with emotions searing through every single thumping beat...

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2014 at 21:19

Then, before dinner doing some ironing, I put The Tansads live LP, Drag Down The Moon, on. The Tansads formed in 1990 and came from Wigan. If you think The Levellers, or Chumbawumba, you would be close. Punk folk, with an attitude, they came near to success, but never really made it. The heart of the band were the Kettle brothers, and the gorgeous Janet Anderson. I am not sure how to post a You Tube link, but if you put Tansads in the search tab, you will see them. I saw them live three times, including the 20th anniversary reunion gigs that are definitely on YT. A great band, whose attitude was forged by the Thatcherite destruction of the industry of the North West where they lived. Two fingers up to a sh*te society, and never mind the bollocks. True working class punk, not the plastic cobblers of McLaren and co. For those of you going to see Pendragon at The Citadel in St Helens, that was this great band's spiritual home.

Thank you for reminding me about these guys Steve, and I hope you don't mind if I put a few tubes into your blog as a testament to how good they were at what they did...

Following the reunion gigs at The Citadel, St Helens in the second week of July 2010, part of the band morphed into Merry Hell:

More info about The Tansads can be found at http://www.tansads.com, and a DVD compiled from footage recorded at the reunion concerts can be purchased from their website for £12.99 (+ £1.50 postage in the UK): http://www.tansads.com/dvd.html  Smile
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 00:56
Thanks for posting the links, DavidBig smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 09:32
Steve. I'm so glad to hear about another ARENA appreciator where one does realize just how professional 'Songs From The Lion's Cage' is. Solomon is a beautiful 14 minute epic about the parabolic tales and lessons of King Solomon. I nearly weeped with joy in the last minute and a half when Keith Moore performs that lights out guitar solo...so epic...so moving. Overall a wonderfully biblically themed album with a dark nature infused in it. 10/10, especially for the album's artwork!! ;) Funny enough I feel the same about their 2nd album, PRIDE which is just as dear to me. "SIRENS' is a 13min epic that carries the same formula as Solomon. Very grand finish. Such panache!!

Genesis's Duke. I could not agree more. I got a lot out of this album. Not only is it Prog to me in every sense of the definition (if there really is one. ) but its an album that can teach you a lit about the human condition, and Duke's Travels' has that lovely soldering on attitude. It's like when one is faced with an oddity or hardship you move on and don't give up. That's a mentality I get especially when I hear the last 2 minutes of the song.

Once again. Inspiring and uplifting. Thank you.

Cheers
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 16:39

Steve. I'm so glad to hear about another ARENA appreciator where one does realize just how professional 'Songs From The Lion's Cage' is. Solomon is a beautiful 14 minute epic about the parabolic tales and lessons of King Solomon. I nearly weeped with joy in the last minute and a half when Keith Moore performs that lights out guitar solo...so epic...so moving. Overall a wonderfully biblically themed album with a dark nature infused in it. 10/10, especially for the album's artwork!! ;) Funny enough I feel the same about their 2nd album, PRIDE which is just as dear to me. "SIRENS' is a 13min epic that carries the same formula as Solomon. Very grand finish. Such panache!!

Genesis's Duke. I could not agree more. I got a lot out of this album. Not only is it Prog to me in every sense of the definition (if there really is one. ) but its an album that can teach you a lit about the human condition, and Duke's Travels' has that lovely soldering on attitude. It's like when one is faced with an oddity or hardship you move on and don't give up. That's a mentality I get especially when I hear the last 2 minutes of the song.

Cheers

Thanks Nicholas. I'm getting back into Arena in a big way, and later Genesis still, thankfully, has a lot of love about. I'm really glad you are enjoying the lists, although there was no music today. I worked some fairly long hours at home, had supper and promptly fell asleep on the settee!LOL I'm getting oldUnhappy
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 16:54
Funny you should pick THE one JBH track that I deeply adore.......and it's the live Berlin version too!!
Safe to say that I agree with everything you said about it.

Oh and very nice touch with the Duke's suite too! Recently I've been playing the early 80s stuff a lot, and those two along with Mama, Home By The Sea and Second Home By The Sea never fail to touch me. The ploinking 80s electronic sound really does suit the sweetness of Phil's vocals incredibly well, I find.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 17:53

Cheers

Thanks Nicholas. I'm getting back into Arena in a big way, and later Genesis still, thankfully, has a lot of love about. I'm really glad you are enjoying the lists, although there was no music today. I worked some fairly long hours at home, had supper and promptly fell asleep on the settee!LOL I'm getting oldUnhappy

Na. You are not old just getting a bit older. I think the music you are listening these days will keep you well beyond your years.
Get the rest my friend. Will see you tomorrow in the land of Laz. :)
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 15:14
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Funny you should pick THE one JBH track that I deeply adore.......and it's the live Berlin version too!!
Safe to say that I agree with everything you said about it.

Oh and very nice touch with the Duke's suite too! Recently I've been playing the early 80s stuff a lot, and those two along with Mama, Home By The Sea and Second Home By The Sea never fail to touch me. The ploinking 80s electronic sound really does suit the sweetness of Phil's vocals incredibly well, I find.

Yep. It really is time people realise that the talents of three three did not disappear simply because they stopped writing stuff like SEBTP, or even WAW. That first side of the eponymous album is amongst the finest ever performed, although the second let them down a bit, not because it was "commercial", but because it wasn't very good. Duke, on the other hand, had class oozing from every track.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 15:20

Today, I listened to the new Mostly Autumn cd, Dressed In Voices, on the Amazon Cloud player during my lunch hour, having pre-ordered it on the self same site.

Yes, I know I should probably have ordered it from the band directly on their website, but it is better than those old illegal downloads, isn't it? At least the band get their royalties. Yes, I know that Amazon are a bunch of tax avoiders. Actually, I do know a little bit about this, given my work. Amazon, whilst acting in a morally questionable way, to say the least, are not doing anything illegal whatsoever. It is their right to base themselves in Luxembourg, and if governments around the world do not have the guts or gumption to start charging corporate tax to income earned in a particular country at the point of sale, rather than allowing these complex residency and transfer pricing rules as they do now, what is a cozy large corporation to do, eh?

Actually, I am not supposed to comment on such things, really, so let us all forget what I wrote above, and state for the record that The Infernal Revenue are right in all things they do, Amazon are fantastic, so are the government, and we can all carry on with this hypocrisy.....sorry......corporate friendly tax regime without any semblance of shame whatsoever.

Yes, dear friends, I do, indeed, get a tug of moral regret whenever I click on that old Amazon button to buy something. I spent over £200 on there this weekend. If there were a UK built alternative, as efficient, as cheap, and with a marvellous, super cloud thingy which allows me to listen to a new purchase before the cd even arrives in my letter box, then I would use said service. However, there isn't, so I can't.

Also, I learnt, some time ago as a fairly politically active creature, that pointless protests are just that.....pointless. Is the entire UK population going to boycott Amazon because of their tax arrangements? No, only a very small proportion, certainly not enough to make a difference. Why? Well, half of the people probably do not even know of those arrangements, and, if they did, most would blame the government, which wouldn't be that far off the mark, really. Also, more to the point, Amazon gives us what we want. A huge range of shopping, easily accessible, delivered quickly and cheaply, and, as with today, the chance to listen to something before I actually have it. If only they had decent competition, eh?

The album itself, on first listen, might just be the finest released by this great band. Very dark, certainly in the subject matter, it hopefully might herald a springboard for greater commercial success. It would certainly be deserved. I did speak to Bryan Josh at a gig in Cardiff, and a really pleasant bloke he is, too. The marriage to Olivia would seem to have sparked a massive creative spark for them both, because she sounds magnificent.

I perused your blog again just to see if you might have mentioned your thoughts on this album.  It is times like these where it sucks that these albums are imports.  That is pretty much double the price of a normal album, and triple what I would pay to purchase the download.

Dressed in Voices [Import]

Mostly Autumn (Artist) | Format: Audio CD

Price: $28.47

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 15:28
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I perused your blog again just to see if you might have mentioned your thoughts on this album.  It is times like these where it sucks that these albums are imports.  That is pretty much double the price of a normal album, and triple what I would pay to purchase the download.

Dressed in Voices [Import]

Mostly Autumn (Artist) | Format: Audio CD

Price: $28.47

Hey, Scott. Funnily enough, I discuss it in a bit more detail in tonight's blog, which I am still writing.

That is expensive, really. And, it is a real shame, because, as you will see when I post later, I think this is their masterpiece. 

Can you get to listen on Spotify at all?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>