Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheeky Genesis?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 15:41
Uh...this whole thread was a joke from the get go......
LOL
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 11:03
The C.I.A. has been called in to decipher this thread.
Matthew _Gill View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 15:13
Hackett not happy.... 

....My wife said I was a fool for tweeting this thread to him.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 15:24
Originally posted by Matthew _Gill Matthew _Gill wrote:

....My wife said I was a fool for tweeting this thread to him.
Shocked

Unquiet Slumbers for Mr Steve H
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 15:31
This guy is a joke. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 00:53
Really the sleeve explains it all

In the front sleeve everyrthing is magic

- The old lady looks at the mirror and she is a beautiful maiden
- The crook from RA&B is still free surrounded by an inept cop

- The kids are in a a magical word of tales
- The Squonk is alive
- The Mad Man Moon is throwing magic powder

But in the inner sleeve everything is a trick of the eye

- The old lady looks at the mirror and sees an old lady
- The kids are bored
- The crook is captured
- The moon is covered by clouds
- The Squonk is dead

Very poetic if you think it

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 09:45
Talking of Genesis, which of their songs references a well-known boy band?

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 11:21
WHY BRING THIS BACK FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL?
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Green Shield Stamp View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 15:49
One Direction

Carpet Crawlers

'There's only one direction / in the faces that I see....'
Haiku

Writing a poem
With seventeen syllables
Is very diffic....
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 16:40

Well this has been an eye opening thread.   . . . and by eye opening, I'm of course referring to waxing the dolphin.

-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Green Shield Stamp View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2015 at 15:51
It's possible to see a sexual subtext in everything (Close to the Edge - the moment before orgasm; Thick as a Brick - an extreme erection etc).  I know that this thread is just a p*ss take.  But, if you look closely at the lyrics of Squonk. there does seem to be something going on.
The opening line, 'Like father like son.' Possibly introduces a male sexual identity.  The word father automatically connotes a sexual identity because man has to have sex to become a father (in the traditional sense).  Saying the son is like the father therefore confers this sexual identity to the son.  The song is therefore about sexual awakening.

'Not flesh nor fish nor bone'  This is an obvious reference to female genitalia from a male point of view.  It fits with Jacques Lacan's theories of castration complex (based on Freud's earlier theories).  The vagina represents an absence and is therefore a symbol of castration.  In the song the vagina is described in terms of what it is not (note the repetition of the negation).

'A red rag hangs from an open mouth' - The focus on the vagina becomes much more explicit here - the red rag is presumably a reference to the clitoris.

'Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle' Is clearly a reference to an erection.  The middle points to the groin area.  The penis is now erect and its stiffness is corpse-like.

'A-tumbling and a-bumbling he will go'. The word tumble is a colloquialism for sex (as you will all know).

'Scared to be left on his own / Hasn't a, hasn't a friend to play with the Ugly Duckling' - Once he has discovered sex, there is now an insatiable desire.  The hesitation here shows a typical pubescent stutter. Ugly Duckling is reference to self loathing (possibly our nascent lothario feels self contempt after indulging in masturbation).

'But if you don't stand up you don't stand a chance.' Clearly a reference to sexual virility.

'Go a little faster now, you might get there in time.' A build up to a sexual climax.  'get there' means to arrive, which is a synonym of 'come' (colloquialism for ejaculation).

And on it goes.....

One of the most obvious lines in the song is: 'The hunter enters the forest'.  To 'enter' is a synonym for to 'penetrate'.  The forest is a reference to pubic hair.  It then goes on to say 'who can blow the huntsman's horn' one of the most obvious references to fellatio.

There are so many such references in the song that it is impossible not to see a sexual subtext.  And what about the title of the song itself, Squonk.  This is clearly a blend of squelch (an onomatopoeic word echoing the noise of the sexual act) and bonk (a British colloquialism for sex).  Yes the word Squonk clearly means squelchy bonk.  No wonder it ends with 'a pool of bubbles and tears' (and probably lots of tissue too).

Edited by Green Shield Stamp - April 24 2015 at 15:55
Haiku

Writing a poem
With seventeen syllables
Is very diffic....
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2015 at 16:37
Originally posted by Green Shield Stamp Green Shield Stamp wrote:

It's possible to see a sexual subtext in everything (Close to the Edge - the moment before orgasm; Thick as a Brick - an extreme erection etc).  I know that this thread is just a p*ss take.  But, if you look closely at the lyrics of Squonk. there does seem to be something going on.
The opening line, 'Like father like son.' Possibly introduces a male sexual identity.  The word father automatically connotes a sexual identity because man has to have sex to become a father (in the traditional sense).  Saying the son is like the father therefore confers this sexual identity to the son.  The song is therefore about sexual awakening.

'Not flesh nor fish nor bone'  This is an obvious reference to female genitalia from a male point of view.  It fits with Jacques Lacan's theories of castration complex (based on Freud's earlier theories).  The vagina represents an absence and is therefore a symbol of castration.  In the song the vagina is described in terms of what it is not (note the repetition of the negation).

'A red rag hangs from an open mouth' - The focus on the vagina becomes much more explicit here - the red rag is presumably a reference to the clitoris.

'Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle' Is clearly a reference to an erection.  The middle points to the groin area.  The penis is now erect and its stiffness is corpse-like.

'A-tumbling and a-bumbling he will go'. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">The word tumble is a colloquialism for sex (as you will all know).</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">'Scared to be left on his own / Hasn't a, hasn't a friend to play with the Ugly Duckling' - Once he has discovered sex, there is now an insatiable desire.  The hesitation here shows a typical pubescent stutter. Ugly Duckling is reference to self loathing (possibly our nascent lothario feels self contempt after indulging in masturbation).</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">'But if you don't stand up you don't stand a chance.' Clearly a reference to sexual virility.</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">'Go a little faster now, you might get there in time.' A build up to a sexual climax.  'get there' means to arrive, which is a synonym of 'come' (colloquialism for ejaculation).</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">And on it goes.....</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">One of the most obvious lines in the song is: 'The hunter enters the forest'.  To 'enter' is a synonym for to 'penetrate'.  The forest is a reference to pubic hair.  It then goes on to say 'who can blow the huntsman's horn' one of the most obvious references to fellatio.</span>

There are so many such references in the song that it is impossible not to see a sexual subtext.  And what about the title of the song itself, Squonk.  This is clearly a blend of squelch (an onomatopoeic word echoing the noise of the sexual act) and bonk (a British colloquialism for sex).  Yes the word Squonk clearly means squelchy bonk.  No wonder it ends with 'a pool of bubbles and tears' (and probably lots of tissue too).

Lurid and distasteful. I feel the need to rinse my eyeballs out with liquid Prell. Check, please!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2015 at 18:45
^^ Yeah, well, that's really heavy, Mahn. I never interpreted the lyrics from that angle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678