Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed4 little gems (96)

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which one do you prefer ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [50.00%]
2 [25.00%]
1 [12.50%]
1 [12.50%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 little gems (96)
    Posted: June 15 2014 at 17:55
Delired Cameleon Family  : St
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x6Behs7BXA

Elohim : A L'aube du Verseau
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K5fohHxE1s

Horrific Child : L'étrange Mr Whinster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVDGmuyT4d0

Look de Bouk : Lacrimae Rerum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTNSj1aGXHk

hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2014 at 18:01
 Lp

The CD has a different cover and title : L'Acre hymne aérait Rome

Look de Bouk, L'âcre hymne aérait Rome

"L'âcre hymne aérait Rome" est une ode dans laquelle Look de Bouk tente de nous faire regretter les larmes bêtement versées sur la disparition d'objets matériels. Ces choses que Perec décrivait, ces choses qui font notre quotidien, ces choses que l'on accumule sans aucun sens, le "superflus qui devient nécessaire" de Voltaire. Le groupe légendaire présente ici des envolées musicales décalées, charmantes, mélodiques et ludiques, qui correspondent à des émotions cachées : le souvenir de jeunes amours adolescentes, la mort digne du chien de Kundera ou la mise à la retraite de la brouette du facteur Cheval. Mais il s'agit également d'une musique militante, contre les boîtes à rythme qui engluent l'imagination et contre les couloirs aseptisés du son FM. Un folklore imaginaire digne de Nino Rota avec borborygmes, de Pascal Comelade baroque, de Boby Lapointe sans parole. Tel un Poulidor au mieux de sa forme, Look de Bouk propose de la Pechno qui ne retient de son aînée Techno que le populaire.
Emotionnellement réclamé.

Cet album correspond majoritairement au Lp "Lacrimae Rerum" sorti en 1985 sur le regretté label AYAA. Il contient des inédits et reflète une activité de concerts, fait suffisamment rare pour être signalé.

zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2014 at 20:30
^Here's the Google Translate of that:

Look Bouk, The acrid anthem was airing Rome

"The acrid anthem was airing Rome" is an ode in which Bouk Look for trying to make us regret the tears stupidly paid the disappearance of material objects. These things Perec described, those things that make our daily lives, those things we accumulate no sense, "which becomes superfluous necessary" Voltaire. The legendary group has shifted musical performances here, charming, playful and melodic, which correspond to hidden emotions: Remember young adolescent love, death worthy of dog Kundera or retirement of the wheelbarrow Cheval. But it is also a militant music, drum machines against which engluent imagination and against the sanitized corridors of FM sound. A worthy fantasy folklore Nino Rota with rumbling, Pascal Comelade baroque, Boby Lapointe speechless. Such Poulidor at its best, Look of Bouk offers the Pechno which retains its predecessor the popular Techno.
Emotionally claimed.

This album mainly corresponds to Lp "Lacrimae Rerum" released in 1985 on the label late AYAA. It contains new and reflects a concert activity, is rare enough to be reported.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm checking these out right now, all new to me.....be back.

Magma America Great Make Again
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2014 at 21:00
Oh wow, these are great. I've seen that Horrific Child album cover somewhere before but never heard the music. I loved all four but I'm voting for that one.
Magma America Great Make Again
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 01:30
Thanks for the translation, man. Heart Glad you like them. Some hate Horrific Child, some adore. I can understand that LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 03:14

Perhaps the most frightening album ever released, Horrific Child‘s “L’Étrange Monsieur Whinster” is a 1976 release from Frenchman Jean-Pierre Massiera.

Massiera had previously been behind Les Maledictus Sound, a 1968 project that offered more than the odd suggestion that the culminations of his experimentations with sound would lead somewhere suitably disturbing. Massiera spent most of his childhood in Argentina and when he returned to France aged 14, he had listened to the music of both Native Indians and gauchos, both being an influence of his own work, their rhythmic chanting and primal tones easy to detect.

The early sixties saw Massiera experimenting with the psychedelic sounds of the period, playing guitar in the splendidly named Milords (a rather more spacey-sounding Shadows) and later The Monegasque, who used influences from horror films in their tunes and sound like the creepier end of The Sonics.

By the release of Les Maledictus Sound, Massiera was experimenting with soundscapes, using screams, abstract beats and more straightforward instrumentation to create undefinable tracts of sound and volume to entrance the listener. The stand-out track is “Kriminal Theme”, a thoroughly alarmingly yet thrilling broth of groovy beats, Zappa-like horns and blood-curdling screams. Elsewhere “Inside My Brain” marries fuzztone guitar with imaginary TV detective themes whilst “Transfer From The Modulation” sounds like German sexploitation themester, Gert Wilden, being played at the wrong speed with the wrong instruments. Naturally, it sold very little and has only very recently been seized upon as the minor- masterpiece it is, particularly in England

And so to “L’Étrange Monsieur Whinster”. The surrealistic cover suggests what treasures are to be hidden within the grooves, a fish head atop King Philip II of Spain’s body, surrounded by snakes, bats, skulls and eyeballs. The album opens with initially barely perceptible heavy breathing, before launching into a fanfare of trumpets and what appears to be someone repeatedly falling on a piano. Breathing progresses to screaming, ranting and slamming doors, blasts of a choir being chased through a burning church (probably) and ultimately the reassuring sound of a deathly pipe organ; that’s the first five minutes. Over the course of three suites, a couple of cheery poems (Baudelaire and Lautreamont) and repeated attempts make you burst into tears, the album is utterly uncompromising and makes no attempts to be commercial nor offers any reasoning for why we have just experienced such disturbing sounds. Again, unloved, the album only really resurfaced in the 1990s, eventually receiving  a respectable release on Andy Votel’s Finders Keepers label.

Though now with a loyal following in England, Massiera continues to be largely ignored in his homeland, which is rather their loss.

Daz Lawrence, Horrorpedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E09vXsPYKw

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 17:27
I went with Delired Cameleon Family which is pretty much Clearlight. Some cool guests dropped in on that session apparently.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 17:41
Excellent album, John, and for once very easy to find and  cheap. Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 21:05

Clearlight & Delired Cameleon Family interview with Cyrille Verdeaux

In 1975 you released another Clearlight album called Forever Blowing Bubbles and then you started another project called Delired Cameleon Family. This was somehow a project for the movie called Visa de censure n°X, right. Would you like to tell me the story behind this release? I would also like to hear more about this film…

The story is quite simple. I had a friend, Yvan Coaquette, guitarist and former soundman of my first group Babylone that was friend with Pierre Clementi, a french famous actor. Between 2 movies, he was shooting his own small budget movie, mainly with his friends of the " nouvelle vague", Jean Pierre Kalfon, Valerie Lagrange and others and he was looking for a soundtrack, so Yvan introduced me to him, knowing that I was able to compose music for movies. So I worked a few days while watching the movie to find musical themes. When done, Philippe Constantin (RIP) and friend of Pierre proposed to be the producer and interface with EMI France and when I was ready we could obtain a budget to rent only 3 days of recording studio. 2 days to record and 1 to make the mix with the movie. Very ridiculous but better than nothing at all ! Then Yvan and I decided to invite all the good musicians friends that we had for a free non stop session. 16 hours/day. The 2 ingeeners were relaying 8 hours each ...It has been a lot of improvisation in this session, with a very special atmosphere of intense work, this is why I found this title : delired cameleon family. The movie itself was very special, with several fast motion pictures mixed together. Difficult to tell the story line of this movie, very very avant garde. This movie and soundtrack figures now in the permanent list of original psychedelic movies at the Musee Pompidou, in Paris. But it has been a commercial flop. The French market was not familiar with this kind of Art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ktgu42hVM0
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2014 at 15:10
Elohim A LAube Du Verseau album cover
The utterly odd and absolutely riveting conflation of stridently anthemic choral prog and queasy malevolence concocted by these French kooks sounds something like a Kobian Comus fronted by Anissette from Savage Rose. Barring one truly unholy Wakhevitch/Massiera-worthy bit of acid fried lunacy that alone is worth the price of admission, the guys and gals of Elohim (not to be confused with the later French neo-prog band of the same name) are equally at ease plying both capering bounciness and prog thunder, but whether they're serenading you like some rustic prog swains with flutes a-tootlin' or righteously intoning their stentorian elfin vocalese, there's always a weird nagging tension at the heart of their endeavor and for those with a taste for the idiosyncratically twisted, it's a thrill to be in it's thrall. MUTANT SOUNDS

Post Reply Post Reply