Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKant Freud Kafka (Spain): Symphonic Prog?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2014 at 10:07
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

For anyone else with an interest in seeing this artist added, I would like to point you in the direction of a glowing review of the album posted by Jez Rowden at The Progressive Aspect just a few days after I made the original suggestion: http://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog/2014/06/26/kant-freud-kafka-no-tengas-miedo/. Embarrassed

César, if you think it's worth asking the Eclectic team to take a listen, then as an SC you have access to that part of the forum, and you could certainly mention it in their team thread. I still strongly believe this is PA material, and would love to see this artist added somewhere.  Smile
WOW. Very good review. Strong and complete. Thanks so much yam.
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2014 at 11:24
Crossover prog has some SERIOUSLY progressive acts in it. Don't downplay the awesomeness of Crossover prog.

I'd be fine with Crossover here.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2014 at 12:22
^  Sure thing Greg. Crossover would be fine imo - in fact anywhere just to get the artist on the site...where he most definitely deserves a place. Approve
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2014 at 12:50
Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

Originally posted by Cesar Inca Cesar Inca wrote:

Can't we just label it as Eclectic? This album is too committed to the complexities and eclectic boldness of prog tradition to be just Crossover or Prog-related. 

Welll... thank you for reading. 

Maybe you right. I found some Jazz Rock Elements in their music (IMO). Its nearest to eclectic than Symphonic Prog. I afraid to talk about them more because my English isn't good . Maybe Ivan waiting to hunt me again!!Wink
Xover or Prog-Related isn't fair IMO. as you said  "This album is too committed to the complexities and eclectic boldness of prog tradition to be just Crossover or Prog-related. " Specially Prog-Related!!!

Don't worry I agree with you.

Prog Related is not enough and surely they wouldn't be accepted due to the no influential issue.

Crossover is the exact place IMHO, because they have a strong mainstream element.

Please remember that CROSSOVER is a full Prog sub-genre

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2014 at 15:04
Thanks Iván.  Thumbs Up

OK, I think we're pretty much agreed on Crossover, so I added the artist to progfreak: http://progfreak.com/Kant-Freud-Kafka-159402.htmlSmile

Maybe one of the Collabs or Special Collabs who has contributed to this thread could drop a link to it in the Crossover team thread?  Embarrassed
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2014 at 17:24
OK guys. I Agree about Xover. I know and I like many of Xover great bands and I agree with Smorph. "Crossover prog has some SERIOUSLY progressive acts in it
Thanks Ivan for your time and for your answer.Honestly after more listening to K.F.K  my opinion changed about them. I like them and I think they are a strong band . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12