Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFantasy Football 14' -Prog Rockers League-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2014 at 16:12
I'm mad that I didn't get to draft, but i don't necessarily think it's fair to those who drafted to do a redraft. There's still plenty of opportunities for trades and waiver-wire to adapt your teams.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2014 at 16:20
We'll wait and see what the Browns have to say about this... I still can't believe I let this happen, I'm going to do my best to deal with things and make everyone happy but my life is falling to pieces at the moment... and now off to work. Sorry guys, really I am. I'll be home in about 8-9 hours and I'll check responses then. 
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2014 at 16:29
I'm not sure what Cleveland has to do with anything- no one drafted any of their guys, did they?  Wink

I am okay with a redraft only if the draft order is the same.

The Mrs. won't mind if you redraft or not.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2014 at 17:07
I don't mind either way.

But if nobody is happy with their team right now, I don't see the point in trying again...
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2014 at 23:42
Well as it stands now we are sticking with it. But I am still very interested in hearing what the rest of the league has to say so we'll give it a couple of days to get some responses and see how to proceed. I'd like to redraft, not because of my roster, but because I'd like to participate in the process. Also because it never should have happened in the first place, it was a genuine mistake. Either way it goes we'll have a blast. Would we all be interested in a weekly side pot? Every week it would be for a different position, and the person with the player in that position who scores the highest fantasy points wins that weeks side pot. The value of winning a side pots could determine next years draft order. (total points could be a tiebreaker) e.g week 1 highest QB points, week 2 highest RB points,  week 3 highest WR, etc..
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 00:10
Originally posted by zachfive zachfive wrote:

Well as it stands now we are sticking with it. But I am still very interested in hearing what the rest of the league has to say so we'll give it a couple of days to get some responses and see how to proceed. I'd like to redraft, not because of my roster, but because I'd like to participate in the process. Also because it never should have happened in the first place, it was a genuine mistake. Either way it goes we'll have a blast. Would we all be interested in a weekly side pot? Every week it would be for a different position, and the person with the player in that position who scores the highest fantasy points wins that weeks side pot. The value of winning a side pots could determine next years draft order. (total points could be a tiebreaker) e.g week 1 highest QB points, week 2 highest RB points,  week 3 highest WR, etc..

I like the idea of side pots.

I also like the idea of drafting exactly as the NFL does, based on season finish.
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 00:13
What value if any could we give the side pots if we did the NFL style draft?
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 12:12
Drafting according to the NFL makes no sense. There's no issue of parity since we're not a keeper league. I won the league last year, but before drafting I did not have any of the players which won me the league last year. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 14:16
I don't care if we redraft,but if we don't I'm cool with that too.

zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 14:17
I think what was meant was that draft order next year would be reverse of the standing. Like the NFL does. So lsat place team would get first pick and first would get last....
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 15:09
I'm fine either way, but I really would say we should not re-draft. Would be a bit unfair and hey, is our fault ultimately for missing it.
Seems many others are pretty neutral to somewhat not for it so I say let's just roll with what we got. 

Though if a re-draft is done, well I'll be sure to pre select my players just in case I miss it againLOL

Edited by JJLehto - August 24 2014 at 15:10
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 15:27
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

I'm fine either way, but I really would say we should not re-draft. Would be a bit unfair and hey, is our fault ultimately for missing it.

It is my fault for not resetting the draft time to allow for more time to get things figured out. The default setting was overlooked, I am sure more people would have shown up if they had just known about it. Currently we'll be sticking with what we have unless a general consensus can be achieved.

As for side pots/next years draft order I am going to come up with something tonight and post it for weekly side pots. We can determine there worth/value before, or even during the season, but at least we'll have the system in place. Last year there was a suggestion that the winner chose an album for the rest of us to review, or something to that extent (side pots that year never came to be). There is also the weekly pick 'em were you try to predict the weekly outcomes of the head to head match ups of the league players. That is more for fun and a lot of people wind up forgetting but perhaps we could use those for tiebreakers if a tie does occur for side pots (overall total or on the rare occasion two players score identical points on a given week)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 15:30

I think what was meant was that draft order next year would be reverse of the standing. Like the NFL does. So lsat place team would get first pick and first would get last....

I understand that. I just explained why it is a poor idea and a random draw is more fair. The entire idea of reverse ranking drafting is predicated on on creating parity based on the idea that successful teams in year N will also be successful in year N+1. This is unfounded and more just plain wrong. It sets up perverse incentives. Teams tank, dump players in trades to tank when they're out of the playoffs.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 20:55
It's all good. Honestly, only reason I was peeved was that this is the computers game for me LOL sure moves can be made but I've looked a bit and slim pickins. If I won, or finish last, (or whatever the result) it's not really because of me and that sucks. And didn't get exactly who I wanted but can't complain, even got SF's defense so that is cool. 

As for the album idea, I'll just say: If I win, I am making all of you listen to an Ariana Grande album SickDead

Edited by JJLehto - August 24 2014 at 20:55
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2014 at 18:43
Half of us autodrafted and only one trade so far? Come on guys. 
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 21:25
I'll give anyone Worthlessbeger. As a Washington native I refuse to have any Stealer players. Also I dislike the man for his lack of character...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2014 at 11:03
I'll swap you Tannehill if he interests you more with Nick Foles' old QB coach running the show. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2014 at 11:28
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

I understand that. I just explained why it is a poor idea and a random draw is more fair. The entire idea of reverse ranking drafting is predicated on on creating parity based on the idea that successful teams in year N will also be successful in year N+1. This is unfounded and more just plain wrong. It sets up perverse incentives. Teams tank, dump players in trades to tank when they're out of the playoffs.

Someone previously mentioned the idea of doing a keeper league with like two keepers after this season. I agreed with the statement with this idea in mind. I think we have 9 teams returning from last season, which would be enough for a franchise, right?
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 01:43
I would totally be down for that if the draft didn't get all mucked up. Starting a keeper league the year more the half the people's teams were auto drafted is not appealing. If we wanted to redraft then maybe. I also had the idea that we could redraft, but take not of current rosters, and if after the redraft the 5 people who originally made the first draft are down to continue we can go from there. If not, no buggy we just stick with the original rosters. I don't think we'll find a solution that pleases everyone, I'm just throwing out ideas. Also want to point out this is the only league I'm in that has drafted so far. The wife used my account to join a "family" league, but other than that I have like 4 drafts coming up in the next 5 days...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 10:08
Why don't we go ahead and redraft then. I counted 10 people that said they would like to redraft, or wouldn't mind if we did. I don't recall seeing input from the other 2. I realize it is a bit last-minute at this point, but I think it could happen. I think the consensus was as long as we keep the same order.

Thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>