FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFantasy Football 14' -Prog Rockers League-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2014 at 21:02
The Mrs. will make a Yahoo account (she used to have one but sh*t happened) and I'll send it to our leader tomorrow.

Would be cool to have a chick who knows f**k all about football tear y'all's asses up.  Big smile
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2014 at 00:45
I have no objection to your wife joining, but I think she should also make an account on the archives as well (for posterity sake). Also I am going on a week vacation tomorrow so other than periodic phone checks I will not be around the forums, but this season will get here sooner than later so let's start shouting out some draft times... If I recall I am one of few members on the west coast so I will accommodate to the majority for time of day. I do like drafts that take place close to the end of preseason but I understand it is a holiday weekend towards the end of August and people tend to be out of town around then. The season starts on September 4, a Thursday game Hawks vs Packers. Please login and review the scoring system and voice objections now if you have any. I do know another member who said he would join so I will contact him and see if he is serious, then we'd just need one more for a solid league. I have a wife as well, and she enjoys most of the prog  I spin at home, but last year I let her play in the work fantasy league (which I also am commissioner of), and she won, and people got upset and called foul play. But half her team consisted of people she thought looked hot, her QB was Tom Brady but people still gave me sh*t... so I am on the fence about using her as a last person fill-in. But this happens every year, some member will start hearing about fantasy later on in the month once preseason starts and will come and ask to be in... the shame of it all is most of the time they come in threes and I still have to wind up giving someone the ol' heave hoe.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2014 at 07:39
Originally posted by zachfive zachfive wrote:

I have no objection to your wife joining, but I think she should also make an account on the archives as well (for posterity sake). Also I am going on a week vacation tomorrow so other than periodic phone checks I will not be around the forums, but this season will get here sooner than later so let's start shouting out some draft times... If I recall I am one of few members on the west coast so I will accommodate to the majority for time of day. I do like drafts that take place close to the end of preseason but I understand it is a holiday weekend towards the end of August and people tend to be out of town around then. The season starts on September 4, a Thursday game Hawks vs Packers. Please login and review the scoring system and voice objections now if you have any. I do know another member who said he would join so I will contact him and see if he is serious, then we'd just need one more for a solid league. I have a wife as well, and she enjoys most of the prog  I spin at home, but last year I let her play in the work fantasy league (which I also am commissioner of), and she won, and people got upset and called foul play. But half her team consisted of people she thought looked hot, her QB was Tom Brady but people still gave me sh*t... so I am on the fence about using her as a last person fill-in. But this happens every year, some member will start hearing about fantasy later on in the month once preseason starts and will come and ask to be in... the shame of it all is most of the time they come in threes and I still have to wind up giving someone the ol' heave hoe.

She has an account here.  Don't know what happened to her avatar.  My purpose in asking her to play was to avoid having an odd number.  If she has to sit out due to the situation you mentioned, she won't be broken-hearted.  Just  trying to give us an even number.
Greg W View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 13:14
I could always ask some of my friends, although they are not fans of prog I could probably get one fairly easily, I might even be able to snatch 3 up.
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 14:10
Any room for this old guy? 

zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 22:47
Yes Drew, and with that and the other member whom I know we will have a even league.... Rob we can always find another if your wife has her heart set on playing. The member I know is currently on the other side of the country on vacation so when he gets home I will make sure to nag him into getting in the league.

Drew to join up you need a yahoo account and then on the first page of this thread there is a link to the league invite. If you have trouble finding it PM and i'll give you a direct link. Also, draft dates people, I have one on the 9/3 and another 8/31. I don't mind doing more than one draft in a day so those could be potential starting spots.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 09:47
I'm confused.  How many teams do we have?
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 11:39
With Drew joining that would make 11, and then the other member I know would make 12. We could do a 14 person league with your wife and another person joining, I do not want to exclude anyone, but I think it would be nice if we could keep the members of the league confined to people who are also members of the archives... and for the love of Jebus someone please mention if one of those two proposed draft days will be alright, the last thing I want if for more than half the league to miss the draft. The last two years we've had almost 100% turnout, grant it it was only an 8 and 10 person league, but the month is hallway through so let's get it hashed out.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 17:51

With Drew joining that would make 11, and then the other member I know would make 12. We could do a 14 person league with your wife and another person joining, I do not want to exclude anyone, but I think it would be nice if we could keep the members of the league confined to people who are also members of the archives... and for the love of Jebus someone please mention if one of those two proposed draft days will be alright, the last thing I want if for more than half the league to miss the draft. The last two years we've had almost 100% turnout, grant it it was only an 8 and 10 person league, but the month is hallway through so let's get it hashed out.

She is a member here.  I provided a link to her account.  If you weren't keen on having her, you could have said so, and that would have been that. 
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 22:05
I really do not mind at all, and she still can be in the league. You did say you were only saying so because of the even numbers needed, and while that still may apply with or without her joining, if she would genuinely like to be a participant then there is a link on the first page of this thread that is an open invite to whomever clicks on it. If there is one problem I would have about people who join the league that do not regularly frequent the archives is that if they were to perhaps win, that is one more year of me holding on to the plaque (as I think someone not into the archives/prog would not want the plaque). Also, I like the camaraderie we've developed here and I enjoy playing with roughly the same group of people every year, and people outside the archives (not necessarily talking about Mrs.Brown) have little chance or playing again next year. I was actually hoping to discuss turning this into a dynasty league (where you get to keep a player or two from your roster year to year to year)  but I would only want to implement this when there everyone playing is at least a year deep into the league.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 22:18

I really do not mind at all, and she still can be in the league. You did say you were only saying so because of the even numbers needed, and while that still may apply with or without her joining, if she would genuinely like to be a participant then there is a link on the first page of this thread that is an open invite to whomever clicks on it. If there is one problem I would have about people who join the league that do not regularly frequent the archives is that if they were to perhaps win, that is one more year of me holding on to the plaque (as I think someone not into the archives/prog would not want the plaque). Also, I like the camaraderie we've developed here and I enjoy playing with roughly the same group of people every year, and people outside the archives (not necessarily talking about Mrs.Brown) have little chance or playing again next year. I was actually hoping to discuss turning this into a dynasty league (where you get to keep a player or two from your roster year to year to year)  but I would only want to implement this when there everyone playing is at least a year deep into the league.

She went from uninterested "okay I'll do it" to "okay this is fun" in relatively short time.  I ran a mock draft with her.  She is interested.  Smile

If you need one more person, I am fairly confident I can get you one (and someone who is on ProgArchives, no less). 

As for dates, anytime but this Sunday afternoon EST or the work week that follows will be good for me.
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 23:43
No problem, have her sign up and why not get the other member to sign up as well. And agreed about draft time, definetly sometime after the 23rd would be preferable.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 20:49
If we're at 12 teams, my wife said she'd be happy to join "my team" as assistant coach (meaning she gets to pick a few players during the draft).  Tongue

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 21:08
Draft should be at an earliest after the 3rd week of preseason. (I prefer after the fourth but it's a tight window that way especially with the holiday weekend...so slightly earlier is acceptable.) As for times of day, either early afternoon (12-2ish) or late at night (9:30 or later) is preferred for me.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 21:08
*Edited* Nothing to say now

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - August 19 2014 at 01:39
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 23:47
I used the post options and asked to have your comment removed. So if anyone is a fascists it is me, but your comment was as unnecessary as your current one.

Edited by zachfive - August 15 2014 at 16:07
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 12:51
Back to topic

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - August 19 2014 at 01:38
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 13:09
^ why not open your own thread instead of trolling someone elses
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 17:04
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

^^ I am just expressing how I feel about American football in general. It has done a lot of bad

There's probably a better thread for that. Wink This one's for fantasy football. I myself have started losing interest in watching football over the last 2-3 years, but I still love the idea of fantasy football, and will continue to play.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 16:25
Is a new draft date / time going to be established?  Or are we doing Wednesday @ 7pm EST?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>