Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tribal Hybrid Concept CD Feat. Cyrille Verdeaux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTribal Hybrid Concept CD Feat. Cyrille Verdeaux

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tribal Hybrid Concept CD Feat. Cyrille Verdeaux
    Posted: July 28 2014 at 21:31
For Immediate Release

Tribal Hybrid Concept CD Featuring Cyrille Verdeaux and Chief Raoni Along With Clearlight Back Catalogue Now Available on Gonzo MultiMedia

London, UK – Following the recent release of Clearlight's critically acclaimed 'The Impressionists Symphony' CD, comes another groundbreaking new album composed by Cyrille "Clearlight" Verdeaux titled 'Tribal Hybrid Concept' on Gonzo MultiMedia.

Clearlight is a French progressive rock band created by Cyrille in the 1970s, although their best known work was produced in England and released by a major British record company, Virgin Records. The band's large and continually changing lineup for 40 years featured a mix of French, American and British musicians around pianist and synthesist Cyrille Verdeaux who is also regarded as its producer.

While progressive rock is an overall genre for Cyrille, much of his work explores various other styles, including classical, due to his long classical formation in his youth, psychedelic, symphonic rock, space rock, jazz fusion, and new age music.

Clearlight's first album was 'Clearlight Symphony'. Gilbert Artman of Lard Free and Urban Sax (although he does not play saxophone here, Urban Sax didn't exist yet), french guitarist Christian Boule (RIP) and several members of GONG: Tim Blake, Steve Hillage and Didier Malherbe collaborated to this first opus.

Violinists Jorge Pinchevsky also of GONG, David Cross of King Crimson, Joel Dugrenot (Zao's bassist) and Didier Lockwood of Magma were also members at various times. The ensemble released several critically acclaimed albums in the 1970's including 'Clearlight Symphony', 'Forever Blowing Bubbles', 'Les Contes du Singe Fou' and 'Clearlight Visions'. Both 'Clearlight Symphony' and 'Clearlight Visions' made the list of all time best 100 progressive rock albums, according to the Billboard guide for progressive music.

Clearlight has/have continued to produce remarkable music ever since. But the 'Tribal Hybrid Concept' album is particularly poignant. Pascal Menetrey passed away accidentally in 2006. This album is dedicated to his memory. RIP, Pascal...

The music on this album is powerful, selected to illustrate the yang side of the first chakra, the one in charge of life and death energy. Samples of Inuits, Papoos, Tuvas, Ethiopian, Native American and Kurdish singers as well as samples of various wild animals facing extinction collected one per one by Pascal Menetrey between 1992 and 1999 are musically shaped by Cyrille Verdeaux to boogie for the pleasure of the ears and the heart. The aim of Tribal Hybrid Music is to help in the stopping of all these trails of tears, these massacres of innocents all around the globe.

But there's more. Cyrille says about it : "This CD also hosts the one and only song ever recorded by the Amazonian Chief Raoni, from the tribe Kayapo, former protégé of Sting in the 80's. The old chief is still struggling and still in trouble to keep his tribe alive in spite of the efforts of the Brazilian government to make them disappear once and for all in the name of 'ordem e progresso'. So the more CDs will be sold, the more royalties Raoni will get to help him to resist to his fatal fate.With the genuine voice of the great Chief of Amazonia, this song in genuine Kayapo language sang by Raoni himself is a moving and wise calling to spear the Amazonian territory, for this ecosystem is essential, not only for the survival of his tribe but also for all the earthlings present and future…"

Raoni's message:

"I'm back now, because my concern returned. I learned that you too are worried now. The winds came and destroyed your forest. You knew the fear that we know. I tell you, if man continues to destroy the earth, these winds will return with even more force ... not once ... but many times ... sooner or later. These winds will destroy us all. We all breathe one only air, we all drink one only water, we all live on one only earth. We must all protect it. Home invasions began again. Woodcutters and gold diggers do not respect the reserve. We do not have the means to protect this vast forest which we are guardians for all of you. I need your support. And I ask you before it's too late”.

“Raoni's Song” was composed and produced by Jean Michel Pinoteau. He explains, “I have deposed the song to the French Sacem on September 26, 2011, with the signature of Raoni for the text, and Jean Michel Pinoteau (me) as composer for the music. I have promised half part of the benefits of my production for Jean-Pierre Dutilleux, the famous explorer, who gave me the track (DAT) of the voice of Raoni. Jean-Pierre Dutilleux is a great friend of Raoni, together they made a world tour with Sting in 1989.”

Post Reply Post Reply