Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you read Prog magazine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal and Heavy Prog Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2014 at 17:51
^ agreed.

Reasons for Opeth/Mastodon (and perhaps others indeed) tend to be the association to the 'metal' rather than the 'prog'.
"Prog-gnostics" show - every Monday 7-9pm UK time on http://www.justincaseradio.com, the first progressive radio in Greece
steve j View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2014 at 15:40
I subscribe, so I can learn more.  Even though I loved Yes and Rush, I never realised to begin with that they had been pigeonholed as progressive rock; they were just interesting bands that I liked.  

There are a lot of good bands out there, and its not always obvious who they are.  

As an aside they did a top 100 this month, and the top 7 albums are very similar to the prog archives, same albums in a slightly different order.  

The Polite Force View Drop Down
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Polite Force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 09:37
I need to.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 05:55
I used to but got tired of the expensive price and misinformed reviews.

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - August 20 2014 at 05:55
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toaster Mantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 09:09
Nope. The only major international music magazine I read on a regular basis is Mojo. Recently also started reading Metalized, a Danish metal magazine that occasionally covers prog artists if they have some connection to the metal scene either through the music they play or their past affliations.
"I'd throw the towel in, but they stole my damn towel." - Ann Sterzinger
january4mn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote january4mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 10:04
I like the magazine. Lots of cool pictures and some good writing, a bit overly-sensationalistic at times but I find that quite funny!

One thing I enjoy is the fact that such a magazine exists and I can stop by the local Chapters/Indigo and buy it. Amazing, and would have been unheard of 10 years ago.

Ken

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic