Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 03:55
^Lmao YES LOL
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
PrognosticMind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 05:28
BUMP!

Welcome back, folks! How has everyone been? Anyone getting into Modern Masters, despite the steep price increase?
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 10:10
^ Welcome back, I haven't seen you here in a while.

I didn't buy anything from Modern Masters, I don't even know what's on that edition Tongue I played on some Modern tournaments with my White/Green human deck though, which got even better since Innistrad left Standard and the prices of the cards lowered a lot: I finally have 4 Champion of the Parish there, it's so awesome Cry Also got a planeswalker, Elspeth Sun's Champion, that also became much cheaper because it was released on a Dual Deck Wink
I bought a few months ago a 2015 Deck Builder like you got and started a nice mono green deck. I have some cool stuff to start a blue and red one too.
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 13:24
I had an awesome deck of soldiers! I remember using "Wing Shards" several times and my friends just going crazy!!!

Good times. Smile
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 13:43
^ That's really old school! Awesome card, especially when you cast lots of cheap soldiers Thumbs Up
I played against some Brazilian players here, it seems like the MTG store is their home away from home. You sure have a big Magic community in your country Smile
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 14:42
Yes! It was quite a sensation. I stop playing some 5 years ago, but there is still so much kids playing.

And the reasons we have so "ancient" cards is beacause the cards are so expansive here that we buy few, plus we really hate the last editions. hehe
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 15:21
The game changed a lot in the last 5 years, but I like both the older and the newer sets, it's very different.
 I'm glad they'll release less sets every year, it's difficult for me to keep up with the new stuff, and there will be less useless cards to fill the sets Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2015 at 21:18
Glad to see you guys and gals are still in the swing of things! :)

I just recently made a KILLER green mono deck that I'll upload shortly. It's by far the best deck I've made yet, and it crushes red aggro very well.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 05:44
BUMP!

Where is everyone? I miss chatting MTG with you guys and gals! Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 06:04
I didn't play a single game since my last post, never had a chance to cast Elspeth Tongue
I'm quite curious about that mono green deck Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 08:32
PrognosticMind's Mana-Ramp Beasts-A-Plenty Mono Green Deck:

Creatures:
Llanowar Elves x 2
Essence of Wisdom x 1
Arbor Elf x 1
Elvish Mystic x 4
Ageless Entity x 1
Thran Golem x 1
Whisperer of The Wilds x 1
Dungrove Elder x 1
Genesis Hydra x 1
Ghoultree x 2
Terra Stomper x 2
Craterhoof Behemoth x 1

Sorcery/Instant:
Perilous Vaut x 1
Doubling Chant x 1
See The Unwritten x 1
Urban Burgeoning x 1
Abundant Growth x 1
Revive x 1
Awaken The Bear x 1
Fog x 1
Clinging Mists x 1
Overwhelm x 1
Reclaim x 1
Prey Upon x 1
Terrifying Presence x 1
Evolution Charm x 1
Eaten by Spiders x 1
Verdant Haven x 1
Plummet x 1
Natural End x 1
World Slayer x 1
Wurm's Tooth x 1

Land:
Forest x 22

There is a slight possibility that some of the numbers/counts are off here, as my deck was not in order when I just went through it. However - this deck absolutely SLAYS everything. I've been destroying mono-red aggro like nuts. The odds of me ramping up to Terra Stomper and the game-ending Craterhoof Behemoth are so high with this combination of cards, that's it's so much fun.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 10:21
Nice one, lots of great cards! Thumbs Up

Ageless Entity is a great card but you don't seem to have many cards to gain life. Maybe you could add another Wurm's Tooth or this one: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370592 (you also gain life when you cast a forest Smile)

Ghoultree is a really good card, there's also this one from the Innistrad block too http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=230624

Is Perilious Vault a good card for that deck?

I had a Thran Gollem on my white/blue but it wasn't very useful there? How is it on a mono green?

I finish a lot my games with this one when I play with my white/green, I think it would be a wise choice for that one too: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=205003&type=card Cool
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 11:58
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Nice one, lots of great cards! Thumbs Up

Ageless Entity is a great card but you don't seem to have many cards to gain life. Maybe you could add another Wurm's Tooth or this one: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370592 (you also gain life when you cast a forest Smile)

Ghoultree is a really good card, there's also this one from the Innistrad block too http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=230624

Is Perilious Vault a good card for that deck?

I had a Thran Gollem on my white/blue but it wasn't very useful there? How is it on a mono green?

I finish a lot my games with this one when I play with my white/green, I think it would be a wise choice for that one too: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=205003&type=card Cool

Thank you, sir!

Yes, Ageless Entity is really the only slightly-off card, but was chosen and added because it was the best fit relative to what I have access to from my cards. It's the first on my list to be replaced. I've actually got that Magus Staff already! I should just swap it out, Idk why I didn't think of that yet, lol.

Ghoultree has won me so many games it's not funny, lol.

Perilous Vault has come in handy several times in this deck; I was intrigued by how highly people spoke of it, and I couldn't appreciate it until I had it in a real situation (same with Genesis Hydra).

Thran Golem destroys, especially with some of the enchantments attached!

Overwhelming Stampede is a card I've been looking to get for a long time for mono-green, for obvious reasons LOL

What are you running for a deck right now, Meltdowner? Big smile

Edited by PrognosticMind - July 05 2015 at 11:59
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 15:23
Originally posted by PrognosticMind PrognosticMind wrote:

Perilous Vault has come in handy several times in this deck; I was intrigued by how highly people spoke of it, and I couldn't appreciate it until I had it in a real situation (same with Genesis Hydra).

Overwhelming Stampede is a card I've been looking to get for a long time for mono-green, for obvious reasons LOL

Yes, that happens with a lot of cards Tongue The Genesis Hydra should come with a Genesis related flavour text... or a green creature called Giant Hogweed LOL

I know why Thran Golem didn't last long on mine: it's one of the few creatures without hexproof Tongue

So obvious Evil Smile

Here's my green/white, the best deck I have (still lose most of the times against the store's regulars LOL): http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-07-15-greenwhite-humans/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 04:29

Yes, that happens with a lot of cards Tongue The Genesis Hydra should come with a Genesis related flavour text... or a green creature called Giant Hogweed LOL

I know why Thran Golem didn't last long on mine: it's one of the few creatures without hexproof Tongue

So obvious Evil Smile

Here's my green/white, the best deck I have (still lose most of the times against the store's regulars LOL): http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-07-15-greenwhite-humans/

I always think about how Genesis Hydra would be a sick prog metal band name, lol.

Gotta love Elspeth and those angel cards! Very neat deck, sir! Do you find it performs better/worse against certain decks? Mine seems to hold up very well against pretty much everything. It's the closest I've come to far to having a solid, all-around kick ass deck.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 04:20

I always think about how Genesis Hydra would be a sick prog metal band name, lol.

Gotta love Elspeth and those angel cards! Very neat deck, sir! Do you find it performs better/worse against certain decks? Mine seems to hold up very well against pretty much everything. It's the closest I've come to far to having a solid, all-around kick ass deck.
True Tongue

Thanks! Speaking of cards you don't know how powerful they are until you play them, Mentor of the Meek is one of those, it really speeds up the game. I'm thinking about removing Smite the Monstrous and Bonds of Faith and putting something with exile instead.
Against "normal" decks it's powerful but against the pros it's difficult because they can play big creatures really soon or have low cost counter spells. With some serious red spells it's quite easy to wipe my battlefield too Ermm

I'll have to share my white/blue another day, it's only good against many opponents now, but it's really fun Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 04:28

True Tongue

Thanks! Speaking of cards you don't know how powerful they are until you play them, Mentor of the Meek is one of those, it really speeds up the game. I'm thinking about removing Smite the Monstrous and Bonds of Faith and putting something with exile instead.
Against "normal" decks it's powerful but against the pros it's difficult because they can play big creatures really soon or have low cost counter spells. With some serious red spells it's quite easy to wipe my battlefield too Ermm

I'll have to share my white/blue another day, it's only good against many opponents now, but it's really fun Big smile

Yes! I'd love to see your white/blue.

Blue is definitely the color you want if your thing is spells/protection. I used to piss people off to no end with cancels and negates, lol. Just control the game until they either mill out, or you create an opening. Very fun to play!

Green has always been my preference. There's just something about mana ramping and getting huge, powerful beasts out into play ASAP that just does it for me. The right combos often end the game by turn 5 or 6!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2015 at 05:00
Also - do any of you fine folks play with a sideboard? I play modern exclusively, and I'm just now (after about a year's worth of playing) understanding the purpose of having that additional 15 cards off to the side.

What pisses me off is that most shops just play standard, and I despise not being able to choose the cards I want/having to draft. That's bullsh*t. I'm not paying $10+ to play MtG Roulette with strangers, lol. I need to find a place that just lets people play modern, because that's my jam! Wink
Disparate Times View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2015 at 05:56
Wow magic Big smile Haven't played in a while. All the shops in my hood are lame, so I only ever really played legacy in basements, garages, living rooms, ect. I've played on and off since the onslaught block. The last deck I had...
4x Land's Edge
4x Treasure hunt
24x mountain
24x island
4x land's that can turn into a creature for a turn(in case someone has a counter spell and leaves me with 20 land's in my hand LOL)

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2015 at 04:17

Also - do any of you fine folks play with a sideboard? I play modern exclusively, and I'm just now (after about a year's worth of playing) understanding the purpose of having that additional 15 cards off to the side.

What pisses me off is that most shops just play standard, and I despise not being able to choose the cards I want/having to draft. That's bullsh*t. I'm not paying $10+ to play MtG Roulette with strangers, lol. I need to find a place that just lets people play modern, because that's my jam! Wink
Don't have but I noticed it's useful when I had many cards to exile creatures and the opponent didn't have a single creature... blue/red can be annoying LOL

There are more people that play Modern than Standard here Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>