Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

deep thinking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2014 at 14:45
uhhh my bad, i just spent time reading all this.
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2014 at 15:04
Originally posted by tamijo tamijo wrote:

uhhh my bad, i just spent time reading all this.

LOL
Archeus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2014 at 16:42
Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

somewhere, sometime soon there will be a court whom will not let the rich and famous get away with the crime they have done...

It’s everywhere and it’s always been there.  No one gets away with anything. The cosmic court that upholds the law of cause and effect is unbiased, fair and ever reaching.

The Hound got away with all the chickens...

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/38/58/2a0c68996ab3a9514d74d38cec4ce840-gif-of-the-day-the-hound-does-the-chicken-dance.gif

Edited by Archeus - September 12 2014 at 16:53
What about dogs? What about cats? What about chickens?
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 16:59
what is faith?.
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 19:45
My broken china cabinet.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Archeus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2014 at 05:11
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

My broken china cabinet.

I couldn't have said it better myself Clap

Edited by Archeus - September 14 2014 at 05:11
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 03:12
you all don`t even have the time to seek out the numbers of topic`s where we could follow on and inner talking to eachother. so as I`ve gotten to be on the ball and say I`ve gotten to pass on the seeker of get some great talking on all manor of topics. I`ve always been talking to many friends saying if you wish to find more answers to your questions than as a number one call on a PROGRESSIVE ROCK FAN, was I wrong well I`m more than happy to say is YES. I was wrong as no one here WILL...

Music Is Live

<
CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicVibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 11:57

what is faith?.

Faith is the intuitive power of the soul.  With just a little bit of faith, as small as a mustard seed, one can move mountains; literally. Most of the Bible is metaphorically written, however, this excerpt is not:

“Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Nothing is impossible for the omniscient and omnipotent soul.  The ego on the other hand is very limited. Faith is of the Soul whereas belief is of the ego… 

Archeus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 12:21

what is faith?.

Faith is the intuitive power of the soul.  With just a little bit of faith, as small as a mustard seed, one can move mountains; literally. Most of the Bible is metaphorically written, however, this excerpt is not:

“Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Nothing is impossible for the omniscient and omnipotent soul.  The ego on the other hand is very limited. Faith is of the Soul whereas belief is of the ego… 

My faith is the size of a soya bean (also, it smells like tofu). I tried to move a large mountain but surprisingly I did not succeed. Perhaps I should try moving a smaller one first?

Edited by Archeus - September 15 2014 at 12:24
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 17:55

you all don`t even have the time to seek out the numbers of topic`s where we could follow on and inner talking to eachother. so as I`ve gotten to be on the ball and say I`ve gotten to pass on the seeker of get some great talking on all manor of topics. I`ve always been talking to many friends saying if you wish to find more answers to your questions than as a number one call on a PROGRESSIVE ROCK FAN, was I wrong well I`m more than happy to say is YES. I was wrong as no one here WILL...

http://mirthkon.bandcamp.com/album/vehicle
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 09:24
sorry don't get your post...

Music Is Live

<
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicVibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 10:01
Originally posted by Archeus Archeus wrote:

what is faith?.

My faith is the size of a soya bean (also, it smells like tofu). I tried to move a large mountain but surprisingly I did not succeed. Perhaps I should try moving a smaller one first?

Not sure if this is your attempt on humor or your comprehension level is pre-school?  Maybe both?

You should have stayed in school…Cry

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 11:31
well oops lol at the pre-school part of your dull aim at a pop at the question which was to be a prat of a topic in which I was seeking like mind people to start seek the many topics within the deep thinking post. its possible you`d never even attempted to belong within a field of a seeker of truth, facts and never make belive. as you hide behind your lack of where you are from hmm the milky way sounds like a child would say. or is it you don't understand the question being put forward. I`m personnel of the point of saying to yourself you sad little oh boy do I need to get a life...

Music Is Live

<
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 11:41
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Archeus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 11:42
Originally posted by Earendil Earendil wrote:

http://mirthkon.bandcamp.com/album/vehicle

This is amazing LOL
Archeus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 11:54

what is faith?.

Not sure if this is your attempt on humor or your comprehension level is pre-school?  Maybe both?

Well, my sense of humor may need a little refinement, but I am relatively proud of my cognitive abilities. With that in mind, it is extremely hard to comprehend (for me at least) how is it that the phrase "you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to here', and it will move" is not metaphorical, as you seem to contend LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicVibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 14:32

what is faith?.

Well, my sense of humor may need a little refinement, but I am relatively proud of my cognitive abilities. With that in mind, it is extremely hard to comprehend (for me at least) how is it that the phrase "you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to here', and it will move" is not metaphorical, as you seem to contend LOL

First one needs to acknowledge the existence of a soul.  Then a distinction between the ego and soul as well as a clear concept of the soul is necessary.

As stated, if the soul is truly omniscient and omnipotent, then as pure potentiality nothing would be impossible.  Moving mountains or reorganizing the orbits of planets would be child’s play. 

If one realizes or accesses just a fraction (mustard seed size) of his infinite potential then so called miracles are possible.

Of course if you don’t believe in a soul or have a limited concept of it then it’s probably all rubbish to you.

Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 15:41

what is faith?.

First one needs to acknowledge the existence of a soul.  Then a distinction between the ego and soul as well as a clear concept of the soul is necessary.

As stated, if the soul is truly omniscient and omnipotent, then as pure potentiality nothing would be impossible.  Moving mountains or reorganizing the orbits of planets would be child’s play. 

If one realizes or accesses just a fraction (mustard seed size) of his infinite potential then so called miracles are possible.

Of course if you don’t believe in a soul or have a limited concept of it then it’s probably all rubbish to you.

But underlying this discussion lies a host of reckless metaphysical assumptions.  Is movement even possible?  What if Berkley's claim of an impossibility of causality is true?  How then can one cause such a change?  Does identity change with the alteration of this mountain's intrinsic trait of being here, thus making the the mountain there a different one?  What if a mountain is a fuzzy range of vibrating particles, ontologically indistinguishable from the land around it?  Does this undermine the premise of Haken's 2013 album (the number 3 album of its year)?   
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 15:43
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 09:45
well sorry what`s the question on your post...

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>