Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRD. 4 Canterbury/Zeuhl/Krautrock (5)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Favourite ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [50.00%]
12 [50.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 18:14
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I'm still planning to buy Dun, so I haven't really heard it yet.  Just a track or two, but I remember it was good.  No vote.  It would have to be reeeeeallly good to beat Rotters Club.

This is a tough matchup no doubt. It seems like Avant fans also like their Canterbury so I had no idea how this would turn out. Another close battle though.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 18:15
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Batshield & The FordApprove

It's been a regular visitor ever since it started popping up in your polls John! Thanks buddy.

Glad to be of help David, and how was Copenhagen?

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 18:17
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Dun, but it's very close Head on wall

Now that's some head-bangng right there.Big smile

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 18:19
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

the one from arrakis

So DUN then?(he says with that clueless look in his eyes).

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Magic Mountain View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 20:34
Dun - Eros for me
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 07:11
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

It's been a regular visitor ever since it started popping up in your polls John! Thanks buddy.

Insane.....and funny as hellLOL I've been on about it in other threads, this one in particular, but I am trying to hold a little back. 
Anyways, all of this non-sense and partying happened during an electronic festival called STRØM (Electricity), where small and big venues all over Copenhagen move outside and play music for free during an entire week. No bars either, so I could bring my own drink - plus it's outside so all the cool kids that normally divide the party in two by stepping outside for a cigarette now were integrated in the general population. 
I'll tell you though, it wasn't all b--b-b-b-bbbbb--b-beats and shakin dat ass electronic - some of it was experimental and jittery, Berlin School like with sequencers or spliced up with all kinds of Indian instrumentation. I could see you diggin quite a lot of it actually.

I've also been out in a canoe with an old friend of mine. Music, brewskis and some tobacco neatly stuck down it, we proceeded out on Bagsværd Lake (the lake I grew up nearby) thinking we'd be sailing all afternoon and into the night. 
No more than an hour later it starts raining. Just a bit, but we decide to head for some trees, just in case. 5 seconds later and it's like being in India during the monsoonLOL 
The music though kept on playing, because neither of us could reach the speakers. So we had Agitation Free accompanying us through some 30 minutes of insanely heavy rains, and no the trees did almost nothing to shield us by the end. We were saying odd things by then to pass the time and had an extremely fun and unorthodox conversation going on - completely unaware that some 5 metres from us sat 4 girls in a shelter overlooking the lake, or scratch that: laughing their arses off.
We did when they started laughing though, and then it turned into this bizarre Monty Python scenario with two guys sitting drenched in a canoe laughing like small school girls with what probably were school girls doing the exact same thing. All of it with some Arabian sounding Krautrock blasting from our speakers. 
Nice way to spend the day actually. I strongly recommend it.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 18:55

Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Insane.....and funny as hellLOL I've been on about it in other threads, this one in particular, but I am trying to hold a little back. 
Anyways, all of this non-sense and partying happened during an electronic festival called STRØM (Electricity), where small and big venues all over Copenhagen move outside and play music for free during an entire week. No bars either, so I could bring my own drink - plus it's outside so all the cool kids that normally divide the party in two by stepping outside for a cigarette now were integrated in the general population. 
I'll tell you though, it wasn't all b--b-b-b-bbbbb--b-beats and shakin dat ass electronic - some of it was experimental and jittery, Berlin School like with sequencers or spliced up with all kinds of Indian instrumentation. I could see you diggin quite a lot of it actually.

I've also been out in a canoe with an old friend of mine. Music, brewskis and some tobacco neatly stuck down it, we proceeded out on Bagsværd Lake (the lake I grew up nearby) thinking we'd be sailing all afternoon and into the night. 
No more than an hour later it starts raining. Just a bit, but we decide to head for some trees, just in case. 5 seconds later and it's like being in India during the monsoonLOL 
The music though kept on playing, because neither of us could reach the speakers. So we had Agitation Free accompanying us through some 30 minutes of insanely heavy rains, and no the trees did almost nothing to shield us by the end. We were saying odd things by then to pass the time and had an extremely fun and unorthodox conversation going on - completely unaware that some 5 metres from us sat 4 girls in a shelter overlooking the lake, or scratch that: laughing their arses off.
We did when they started laughing though, and then it turned into this bizarre Monty Python scenario with two guys sitting drenched in a canoe laughing like small school girls with what probably were school girls doing the exact same thing. All of it with some Arabian sounding Krautrock blasting from our speakers. 
Nice way to spend the day actually. I strongly recommend it.

Man that's hilarious David, i'll check out the other thread, thanks! And Agitation Free too.Heart

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12