FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTathastu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tathastu
    Posted: August 25 2014 at 22:12
hey guys, Tathastu is my new band formed this year. We play funky and bluesy psych jams and like to get really far out and make some noise as well as having some sweet grooves. we're working on writing a full album but at the moment we've had a bunch of demo material recorded and I'd like to share some. 

http://tathastu.bandcamp.com/this is a three demo set we made back in May. pretty much for the second time we all met together and played as a band we decided to go to a friend's house in Tahoe for a few days and jam/write/hang out while recording it all. I later went through all the sessions, got everything that I felt was coherent enough for archival purposes and put them into these demos. We recorded for three days and there is one demo for each day. The first day we only had one mic set up unfortunately because we were too eager to jam, it sounds pretty good for one mic but I wish we had gotten it fully mic'd like the other two days.

there is also this song from a recording session we did the night of our first gig, we recorded a lot of jams for a school project my bandmate is working on but this is the only thing we've gotten back from the sound engineer so far. the bass is unfortunately a bit too much but it sounds good otherwise

and this is an excerpt from a huge three hour jam session we recorded with myself on guitar and the synth player as well as another friend of ours switching off between drums/percussion and various synths/electronics. we were all tripping hard on acid that night so it is pretty far out and this is just a 40 minute excerpt hehe. It came out very relaxing and peaceful

and an hour long jam thing with only me on guitars and the synth player on drums loosely based around Band Of Gypsy's 'Who Knows?'. This was from early spring, when I had first met Subra and we first started playing music together. A lot more rough and meandering but I'm throwing it all out there.

anyways I hope someone checks this out and digs it. there is a whole lot of different material here but it ties in with the sound of our band and the label our synth player is about to start.

Edited by Sumdeus - August 25 2014 at 22:25
Sumdeus - surreal space/psych/prog journeys
 Post Reply Post Reply