Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RushFan4's New CD Thread 11-Monarch Trail - Skye
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRushFan4's New CD Thread 11-Monarch Trail - Skye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 06:31
Thanks for the update.  Hopefully, having streaming access will influence at least a few people to check it out and let us know what they think here.  I am giving it another listen this morning. Thumbs Up
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 23:20
So is there anybody out there smart enough to give this album a listen while it is available for free on progstreaming.com?  Oh wait, I forgot, you "progressive" people would rather continue to live in the past and talk about Genesis and King Crimson on and on and on.  Face it people, Robert Fripp is never, ever going to agree to wear the flower costume and Peter Gabriel is never, ever going to become the P in ELP.  Wink  It is time to move on and try talking about something new. 
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 23:49
Lies! ELG is going to happen, I know it! TongueLOL

Went ahead and listened to "Luminescence". Trying new things never hurts, and I didn't want you to think you were alone in listening to that which is neu.

It's a very good track. Didn't quite jive with the keys towards the end, but before that it was just wonderful, beautiful.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 00:22
Thank you for giving it a shot.  That is all that I am really hoping for.  For people to at least give my recommendation a shot and then make a comment or two about it.  I can't guarantee that anybody else well like this album that I recommend but I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't like it, so I think that there is a chance that other prog fans might like it too.  In response to your response I am listening to it again to see if I can pick up on what you are saying about the keys towards the end.  

january4mn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 02:23
Originally posted by Lear'sFool Lear'sFool wrote:

Lies! ELG is going to happen, I know it! TongueLOL

Went ahead and listened to "Luminescence". Trying new things never hurts, and I didn't want you to think you were alone in listening to that which is neu.

It's a very good track. Didn't quite jive with the keys towards the end, but before that it was just wonderful, beautiful.

Thanks for checking out the trackSmile Glad you enjoyed it, even though you may have had some issues with my keys at the end--what can I say? Embarrassed

I'm actually working on a video for it these days--I did have some footage before which I lost, so doing some re-shooting. It's tough to do a video for such a long song! I might end up having to just do an "album cover" video if it doesn't work out after all...

Anyway, cheers!

Ken
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 02:29
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Thank you for giving it a shot.  That is all that I am really hoping for.  For people to at least give my recommendation a shot and then make a comment or two about it.  I can't guarantee that anybody else well like this album that I recommend but I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't like it, so I think that there is a chance that other prog fans might like it too.  In response to your response I am listening to it again to see if I can pick up on what you are saying about the keys towards the end.  

I think I may know what part he's talking about--the keys get pretty crazy just before the drums stop? That'd be my guess, as they are a bit "over-the-top" there. I'm not sure if too many people play like that these days, but I was going for a Patrick Moraz kind of freak-out there and it was something new for me to do those extreme keyboard bends.

Or, it might be that the section after that (when the drums have stopped and slowly build again) the ending goes on a bit too long, or is too new-agey or too spacey?

I can think of these possible criticisms...I still like the way we did it, but I get why some may not like it.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 04:55
I listened the other day on Progstreaming, and thoroughly enjoyed the album. It is now on the ever increasing "to buy" list.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 08:04
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I listened the other day on Progstreaming, and thoroughly enjoyed the album. It is now on the ever increasing "to buy" list.

Thanks Steve, glad you enjoyed it!Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12