Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seasons Of Change: Prog Radio, Adelaide, Australia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seasons Of Change: Prog Radio, Adelaide, Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 18:52
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world,  featuring some recent releases from Breaking Orbit (Sydney) and Karnivool (Perth), plus classic music from Healing Force and Tamam Shud. With the Sydney-based duo Tubular Bells For Two in Adelaide for the Festival Fringe, Mike Oldfield's landmark album is again not far away, and there's a selection from the musical legacy of Chris Rainbow (Alan Parsons Project, Camel).

8pm
Golden Earring    Radar love (1973) (Moontan)
Ozric Tentacles    Eternal wheel (1990) (Erpland)
The Flower Kings    Last minute on earth (2001) (The Rainmaker)
Pink Floyd    Things left unsaid + It’s what we do + Ebb and flow (2014) (The Endless River)
The Dregs    Cruise control (1980) (Dregs Of The Earth)
Rush    Red barchetta (1981) (Moving Pictures)
9pm
Alan Parsons Project    Turn of a friendly card (1980) (Turn Of A Friendly Card)
Camel    Long goodbyes (1984) (Stationary Traveller)
Karnataka    Road to Cairo (2015) (Secrets Of Angels)
Knight Area    The lost world (2014) (Hyperdrive)
Karnivool    Change (2009)  (Sound Awake)
Mike Oldfield    Tubular bells (single version) (1973) (Tubular Bells)
10pm
Breaking Orbit    Echoes + Conscious self + My direction (2012) (Time Traveller)
Tamam Shud    Sea the swells (live, 2007) (Noosa Rain)
Tamam Shud    GTK Theme/America (1970) (The GTK Tapes Vol.1)
Marillion    Seasons end (1989) (Seasons End)
Healing Force    Golden Miles (1971) (single only / Golden Miles: Australian Progressive Rock 1969-1974)
The Break    Majestic kelp (2013) (Space Farm)
Seasons Of Change - weekly programme on community radio: http://seasonsofchangeradio.blogspot.com.au/
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 22:10
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world,  featuring featuring a selection from the recently reissued 1976 debut album by the Australian electronic group Cybotron, plus Gavin O'Loghlen & Cotter's Bequest (Adelaide), The Merlin Bird (Melbourne) and Andy Salvanos (Adelaide), plus classic music from Fraternity (Adelaide) and Tamam Shud (Sydney). And it's happy birthday this weekend for Matthew Fisher (Procol Harum), Robert Calvert (Hawkwind) and Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd).

8pm
Fraternity    Seasons of Change (1971) (Golden Miles: Australian Progressive Rock 1969 - 1974)
Jade Warrior    Sun Ra + Sun child + Moontears + Heaven stone + Way of the sun (1978) (Way Of The Sun)
Ozric Tentacles    Dharma reggae (1984) (Erpsongs)
Ozric Tentacles    White rhino tea (live, 2007) (Sunrise Festival)
Gavin O'Loghlen & Cotter's Bequest    Stonehenge (1998) (My Mother’s Country)
Andy Salvanos    Radiant (2011) (Dream Recall)
The Merlin Bird    Rhyme to reason (2003) (Rhyme To Reason)
9pm
Cybotron    Parameters of consciousness (1976) (Cybotron)
Cybotron    Sonic Override: Gliding / The riddle / Answer (1976) (Cybotron)
Lonely Robot    Construct/Obstruct (Feb 2015) (Please Come Home)
It Bites    The tall ships (2008) (The Tall Ships)
Aisles    Hero (2013) (4:45AM)
Procol Harum    A whiter shade of pale (1967) (single only)
10pm
David Gilmour    Smile (2006) (On an Island)
Pink Floyd    Wish you were here (1975) (Wish You Were Here)
Dave Gilmour    Comfortably numb (live, 2006) (Live In Gdansk)
Tamam Shud    Sea the swells (live, 2007) (Noosa Rain)
Tamam Shud    GTK Theme/America (1970) (The GTK Tapes Vol.1)
The Reasoning    Hyperdrive (2012) (Adventures In Neverland)
Mike Oldfield    Tubular bells (single version) (1973) (Tubular Bells)
Cybotron    Eureka (Guitar version) (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track from Abbey Moor sessions)
Seasons Of Change - weekly programme on community radio: http://seasonsofchangeradio.blogspot.com.au/
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2015 at 19:20
Hi, I gave a listen to the first two Cybotron albums after listening to last week's edition. Really nice music, and I think the last track from the first album is the best one :) Hear you later :P
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 00:09
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Hi, I gave a listen to the first two Cybotron albums after listening to last week's edition. Really nice music, and I think the last track from the first album is the best one :) Hear you later :P

Smile

Cool!  Yes, I hope that Colossus, the second album by Cybotron, gets a legitimate reissue sometime, to complete the availability of the Cybotron legacy.

The live album by Cybotron (Sunday Night At The Total Theatre) has also been reissued and I will be chasing that up sometime...

However, I found Monster Planet, the solo album by Steve Maxwell von Braund to be a tough listen though, it's pretty difficult to fit into the Saturday night schedule...
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 00:17
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world,  featuring music from Perth bands Lacrymae, Over Unity and The Lammas Tide, the now disbanded Adelaide band Unitopia and that band's nominal successor, UPF.

8pm
Dave Greenslade    A-Tuin the Turtle (1994) (Tales from the Discworld: Terry Pratchett)
Steeleye Span & Terry Pratchett    Overture + The Dark Morris Song + Wintersmith + You + The good witch (2013) (Wintersmith)
Steeleye Span & Terry Pratchett    Band of teachers + The Summer Lady + Ancient eyes + We shall wear midnight (2013) (Wintersmith)
Procol Harum    Repent Walpurgis (1967) (Procol Harum)
Cream    Tales of brave Ulysses (1967) (Disraeli Gears)
Dave Greenslade    Small gods (1994) (Tales from the Discworld: Terry Pratchett)
9pm
Over Unity    Near (2011) (Collide the Space)
Lacrymae    Handel’s Apocalypse (2009) (The Hallowed Design)
United Progressive Fraternity    Intersection (2014) (Fall In Love With The World)
Unitopia    More than a dream (live, 2011) (One Night In Europe)
Moon Safari    Too young to say goodbye (2013) (Himlabecken Vol.1)
10pm
Gong    Radio gnome invisible + Zero the hero and the witches spell (1973) (The Flying Teapot)
Mother Gong and Daevid Allen   The owly song (1989) (The Owl And  The Tree)
Nektar    Desolation valley (live, Nearfest, 2002) (A History Of Progressive Rock)
Nektar    Cast your fate (1973) (Sounds Like This)
The Lammas Tide    In tangerine + Bethnal green + When all is said and done (2014) (Barefoot Electric)
Cybotron    Eureka (Guitar version) (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track on reissue CD)

Edited by David64T - March 14 2015 at 19:14
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2015 at 02:34
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world,  featuring Like Leaves (Adelaide) and Andy Salvanos (Adelaide) plus a trip back to 1971 for classic Australian music from Spectrum and Flake. And after a heavy start in the first hour, from 9pm it's happy birthday to Phil Judd (Split Enz, The Swingers, Schnell Fenster), Carl Palmer (Atomic Rooster, ELP and Asia), Tony McPhee (Groundhogs) and Roger Hodgson (Supertramp).

8pm
Planet X    2116 (2000) (Universe)
Rush    2112 (1976) (2112)
Haken    Atlas stone (2013) (The Mountain)
Mastodon    Ghost of Karelia (2009) (Crack The Skye)
Like Leaves    Monument (2011) (Like Leaves)
Andy Salvanos    Running water (2007) (Closer)
9pm
Emerson, Lake and Palmer     Tank (1970) (Emerson, Lake and Palmer)
Asia    Heat of the moment (1982) (Asia)
Emerson Lake & Palmer    Two part invention in D minor (1977) (Works Volume I)
The Groundhogs    Cherry red (1971) (Split)
Camel    Supertwister (1974) (Mirage)
Slapp Happy    Dawn (1974) (Casablanca Moon)
Egg    Wring out the ground (loosely now) (1974) (The Civil Service)
Spectrum    Fiddling fool (1971) (Part One)
Flake    Under the silent tree (1971) (How’s Your Mother)
10pm
Split Enz    Time for a change (1975) (Mental Notes)
Split Enz    Malmsbury villa (1979) (Beginning Of The Enz)
Split Enz    Sweet dreams (1976) (Second Thoughts)
Schnell Fenster    Heroes let you down (1991) (Heroes Let You Down, single)
Roger Hodgson    Take the long way home + The logical song (live, 2010) (Classics Live)
Roger Hodgson    Only because of you (1984) (Eye Of The Storm)
Ozric Tentacles    Yoy mandala (2000) (Swirly Termination)
Cybotron    Eureka (Guitar version) (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track from Abbey Moor sessions)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2015 at 19:06
Originally posted by David64T David64T wrote:

Smile

Cool!  Yes, I hope that Colossus, the second album by Cybotron, gets a legitimate reissue sometime, to complete the availability of the Cybotron legacy.

The live album by Cybotron (Sunday Night At The Total Theatre) has also been reissued and I will be chasing that up sometime...

However, I found Monster Planet, the solo album by Steve Maxwell von Braund to be a tough listen though, it's pretty difficult to fit into the Saturday night schedule...
I'm still getting the better known Electronic albums like TD, so it's not on the top of the wishlist, but I sure will keep those albums in mind Wink

Yeah, most Electronic music is certainly not easy to play on radio: last time you played Phaedra I had to stop it because I help my mother on her store on saturday mornings, so I play your program there and it was spooking the customers LOL

I didn't know Steeleye Span, Slapp Happy and Split Enz, I'll have to listen to some of their albums Smile
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 00:28

Smile

I'm still getting the better known Electronic albums like TD, so it's not on the top of the wishlist, but I sure will keep those albums in mind Wink

Yeah, most Electronic music is certainly not easy to play on radio: last time you played Phaedra I had to stop it because I help my mother on her store on saturday mornings, so I play your program there and it was spooking the customers LOL

LOL
Yes, a little electronic music goes a long way sometimes, that's why I tend to include it carefully and sparingly.  That's all part of the challenge of compiling a program though...

I didn't know Steeleye Span, Slapp Happy and Split Enz, I'll have to listen to some of their albums Smile

The reviews and ratings here on PA are a reliable guide to all three of these bands, especially Split Enz: the first two albums by Split Enz show their early influences by mainstream prog and art rock, the later albums less so, but I love most of them. PA should have a sub-genre called Quirky Prog I reckon - perfect for the Enz.
Big smile

The True Colours album was a massive hit here in Australia along with a couple of hit singles and set up Split Enz as a major league band here. Just one of many great kiwi bands and musicians that crossed the Tasman from New Zealand to Oz and enriched our culture so much.
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 00:33
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world, featuring some music for Earth Hour from 8:30pm; plus a selection from the recently reissued 1977 album Rock & Roll Scars by Ariel (Melbourne). There's some music from Uriah Heep (here in Adelaide last Wednesday night) and it's happy birthday to two very different artists - the Greek keyboard wizard Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou (otherwise known as Vangelis) and Australian rock legend Billy Thorpe.

8pm
Uriah Heep    Easy livin’ (1972) (Demons and Wizards)
Uriah Heep    What kind of God (2008) (Wake The Sleeper)
Uriah Heep    Circle of hands (1972) (Demons and Wizards)
Manfred Mann’s Earth Band    Joybringer (1973) (single only)
Rush    Fly by night (1975) (Fly By Night)
King Crimson    Starless (1974) (Red)
Mostly Autumn    Mother nature (2001) (The Last Bright Light)
9pm
Billy Thorpe    Children of the sun + We’re leaving + We welcome you + Solar anthem (1979) (Children Of The Sun)
Billy Thorpe & The Aztecs    Most people I know (1972) (single only, The Complete Havoc Singles)
Kansas    Lamplight symphony (1974) (Song For America)
Camel    Tell me (1977) (Raindances)
Brand X    Macrocosm (1977) (Morrocan Roll)
The Church    Under the milky way (1988) (Starfish)
10pm
Vangelis    The motion of the stars (1988) (Direct)
Jon & Vangelis     State of Independence (1981) (The Friends Of Mr Cairo)
Aphrodite’s Child    The four horsemen (1972) (666)
Ariel    Mutant Medley (live, 1976) (Rock & Roll Scars, bonus track on reissue CD)
Ariel    Men in grey raincoats (1975) (Rock & Roll Scars)
Uriah Heep    Paradise/The Spell (1972) (Demons and Wizards)
Cybotron    Eureka (Guitar version) (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track on reissue CD)
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 18:54
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world, featuring Camel recorded live in concert with a performance of their instrumental concept album "The Snow Goose". There's also classic Australian music from Sebastian Hardie, Lobby Loyde and Mandu, plus (more recently) Unitopia.  And don't forget to look to the sky tonight for the total lunar eclipse - it starts from about 8:45pm (ACDST), with totality expected around 10:24pm (ACDST).

8pm
United Progressive Fraternity    The water (2014) (Fall In Love With The World)
Unitopia    Easter (2013) (Covered Mirror Vol.1)
Renaissance    A song for all seasons (1978) (A Song For All Seasons)
Sebastian Hardie    Openings (1975) (The Four Moments)
Mandu    Captain voyager + Darlin’ + We ran across the sky (1974) (To The Shores Of His Heaven)
9pm
Camel    The Snow Goose (live, 1975) (A Live Record)
Lobby Loyde & Southern Electric    Dreamtide (1976) (Obsecration)
10pm
Dream Theater    Octavarium (2005) (Octavarium)
G. Wayne Thomas    The morning of the earth (1972) (The Morning Of The Earth)
Yes    And you and I (1972) (Close To The Edge)
Pink Floyd    Echoes (1971) (Meddle)
Andy Salvanos    Free range eggs (2007) (Closer)

Edited by David64T - April 03 2015 at 19:41
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 12:04

The reviews and ratings here on PA are a reliable guide to all three of these bands, especially Split Enz: the first two albums by Split Enz show their early influences by mainstream prog and art rock, the later albums less so, but I love most of them. PA should have a sub-genre called Quirky Prog I reckon - perfect for the Enz.
Big smile

The True Colours album was a massive hit here in Australia along with a couple of hit singles and set up Split Enz as a major league band here. Just one of many great kiwi bands and musicians that crossed the Tasman from New Zealand to Oz and enriched our culture so much.
Crossover is where all the quirky prog is Wink I stiil haven't listened to them, but I'll get there eventually Tongue

What was this week's playlist? I didn't catch a German band name Tongue The Threshold track was also really good Smile
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 20:20

Big smile

Crossover is where all the quirky prog is Wink I stiil haven't listened to them, but I'll get there eventually Tongue

What was this week's playlist? I didn't catch a German band name Tongue The Threshold track was also really good Smile

Hi there,

Thanks for listening MD - I think the name of the German band you want is Pell Mell - I played a song from their album "From The New World".

Yes, I like that Threshold album too - I had some earlier Threshold albums that I wasn't keen on at the time I got them, so their 2007 "Dead Reckoning" album hasn't really had a fair listening from me until recently...

For last night I mainly picked music from bands that haven't got much (or any) airtime until now - quite a few always get left out of the programs for one reason or another, so it was a real "mixed bunch". But I ended up enjoying it too! A lot more music where that came from...

Smile

For posterity, here's the playlist - it's now on the normal playlist blog site too -

8pm
Spock’s Beard    From the darkness: a. The Darkness, b. Chance Meeting, c. On My Own, d. Start Over Again (2010) (X)
Anekdoten    In for a ride (2007) (A Time Of Day)
Within Temptation    Stand my ground (live) (2008) (Black Symphony)
Tinyfish    The big red spark (2010) (The Big Red Spark)
Ozric Tentacles    Pixel dream (2000) (The Hidden Step)
Pell Mell    Suite part 1 (1973) (From The New World)
9pm
Mike Oldfield    Sailing (2014) (Man On The Rocks)
Threshold    One degree down (2007) (Dead Reckoning)
Pink Floyd    Money (1973) (Dark Side Of The Moon)
Mirage    Alien attack - Supernova (2001) (A Secret Place)
Karnivool    Themata (2005) (Themata)
Liquid Tension Experiment    State of grace (1998) (Liquid Tension Experiment)
Caligulas Horse    Dark hair down (2013) (The Tide, The Thief & River's End)
10pm
Cressida    Summer weekend of a lifetime (1971) (Asylum)
Beggar’s Opera    Poet and the peasant (1971) (Act One)
McPhee    The wrong time (1972) (McPhee)
Sons Of The Vegetal Mother    Make it begin (1970) (Garden Party EP / Golden Miles: Australian Progressive Rock 1969-1974)
Daddy Cool    Make your stash (1972) (Sex, Dope, Rock n Roll: Teenage Heaven / Golden Miles: Australian Progressive Rock 1969-1974)
Nihl    Valium (2013) (Valium)
Mycardium    The key (2013) (Old/New EP)
Cybotron    Eureka  (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track from CD reissue)

Edited by David64T - April 11 2015 at 20:20
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2015 at 07:06
^ That's the one: nice symphonic prog with violin Thumbs Up

That Threshold album seems to have a decent lenght, the long Prog Metal albums are an issue to me, I can't easily listen to the whole thing Confused

It's cool that you played something from the latest Oldfield album, that album rocks Tongue
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2015 at 04:08
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world, featuring recent music from Sebastian Hardie as well as a selection from the recent reissue on CD of the landmark 1971 album "Product Of A Broken Reality" by the eccentric Melbourne band Company Caine; and it's happy birthday this weekend to Steve Gray (Sky), Rod Morgenstein (The Dixie Dregs, Platypus) and Noel Crombie (Split Enz and Schnell Fenster).

8pm
Freedom To Glide    Rain (Part 2) + Angels and stones + When the whistle blows + Winds and Gales – Rain (Part 3) (2013) (Rain)
Gentle Giant    Just the same (1975) (Out Of The Woods: The BBC Sessions)
Haken    Pareidolia (2013) (The Mountain)
Procol Harum    Homburg (1967) (Single only / Procol Harum re-issue)
Steeleye Span    Fighting for strangers (1976) (Rocket Cottage)
9pm
Sky    Hello (1982) (Sky 4)
Sky    Love duet (1983) (Sky 5 Live)
Sky    Night sky (1985) (The Great Balloon Race)
Dixie Dregs    Peaches en regalia (live) (1999) (California Screamin’)
Platypus    Chimes (1998) (When Pus Comes To Shove)
The Dregs    Cruise control (1981) (Unsung Heroes)
Company Caine    Symptoms + The cell + Simple song of caring (1971) (A Product of a Broken Reality)
10pm
Split Enz    Maybe (1975) (Mental Notes)
Split Enz    Sweet talking spoon song (1979) (Beginning Of The Enz)
Split Enz    Split Ends (live, NZ, 1993) (Greatest Hits: Live)
Schnell Fenster    OK Alright A Huh Oh Yeah (1991) (Heroes Let You Down, single)
Arena    Empire of a thousand days (1996) (Pride)
IQ    Ryker Skies (2009) (Frequency)
Sebastian Hardie    I wish (2012) (Blueprint)
Cybotron    Eureka (Guitar version) (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track from CD reissue)
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2015 at 03:51
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a an Anzac Day special of music from Australia and New Zealand, mostly from the classic period of the early to mid '70's, including Spectrum, Tamam Shud and Tully from Australia - and Dragon, Split Enz and Ticket from New Zealand.

8pm
Spectrum    I'll be gone (1971) (Part One)
Spectrum    Mumbles I wonder why (1971) (Part One)
Spectrum    Milesago (1972) (Milesago)
Tully    Loving is hard (1972) (Loving Is Hard)
Tully    Sea of joy Part 1 (1971) (Sea Of Joy)
Tamam Shud    Bali waters (live, 1971) (Goolutionites And The Real People, bonus track on CD reissue)
Tully    Sea of joy Part 2 (1971) (Sea Of Joy)
Bakery    Living with a memory (1971) (Momento)
Levi Smith's Clefs    Empty monkey (1970) (Empty Monkey)
9pm
Ticket    Awake (1972) (Awake)
Dragon    Universal Radio (1974) (Universal Radio)
Dragon    Going slow (1974) (Universal Radio)
Split Enz    Stranger than fiction (1975)
Split Enz    Home sweet home (1979) (Beginning Of The Enz)
Split Enz    Shark attack (live) (1999) (Other Enz: Split Enz And Beyond Volume 1)
Healing Force    Golden miles (1994) (single only / Golden Miles: Australian Progressive Rock 1969-1974)
Healing Force    Erection (live) (2002) (Highlights Of Sunbury 1973 and 1974)
10pm
Rainbow Theatre    Dancer (1976) (Fantasy Of Horses)
Sebastian Hardie    Rosanna (1975) (Four Moments)
Gavin O'Loghlen & Cotter's Bequest    The Famine Suite (1997) (In The Home Of My Ancestors)
Ben Craven    Great and Terrible Potions (2011) (Great And Terrible Potions)
Cybotron    Eureka (Guitar version) (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track from CD reissue)

Edited by David64T - April 25 2015 at 03:52
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 01:53
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world,  featuring recent releases from Circadian Pulse (Melbourne), Domino (Sydney) and Unitopia (Adelaide), as well as some classic music from Buffalo, Cybotron and The Masters Apprentices, plus a selection from Opeth on the eve of their concert here in Adelaide this Monday.

8pm
Opeth    Windowpane (2003) (Damnation)
Opeth    Cusp of eternity (2014) (Pale Communion)
Opeth    Folklore (2011) (Heritage)
Buffalo    Freedom (1972) (Volcanic Rock)
The Masters Apprentices    Buried & dead (1967) (Masters Apprentices - LP / Down Under Nuggets: Original Australian Artyfacts 1963-1967)
Renaissance    A song for all seasons (1978) (A Song For All Seasons)
Marillion    Sounds that can’t be made (live) (2014) (Live At The Forum)
9pm
Focus    Eruption (1971) (Moving Waves)
Sebastian Hardie    Art of life (2012) (Blueprint)
Unitopia    Common Goal + Fate (2005) (More than a Dream)
Procol Harum    As strong as Samson (1974) (Exotic Birds And Fruit)
Procol Harum    Repent Walpurgis (1967) (Procol Harum)
10pm
Domino    Karislama + Caravan (2013) (Where the Desert Meets The Sea)
Circadian Pulse    Hourglass (2012) (In The Blink Of An Eye)
Jethro Tull    Thick as a brick (live) (1999) (Thick As A Brick, bonus track)
Jethro Tull    Jack Frost and the hooded crow (1982) (Broadsword And The Beast, bonus track)
Ra Rising    Again (2014) (Seize The Day)
Cybotron    Eureka (Guitar version) (1980)  (Implosion, bonus track)
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 17:32
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world,  featuring and overseas, including recent music from Anubis (Sydney), Breaking Orbit (Sydney) and the Lammas Tide (Perth).

8pm
Starting off tonights menu of musical epics (or epic music, take your pick) with:
Entree: Swedes in a heavy sauce
First serving: A classic repast in the evening
Second serving: Familiar recipe rearranged by four chefs with an impressive CV
Dessert: Crusty calimari
9pm
Breaking Orbit    Callsign + Cassandra syndrome + Ice warmth + Silence seekers (2012) (Time Traveller)
Anubis    Disinfected and abused (2009) (230503)
The Lammas Tide    Bethnal green (2014) (Barefoot Electric)
The Lammas Tide    Fothersby (2011) (High Tide)
10pm
Symphony X    The odyssey (2002) (The Odyssey)
Kansas    Magnum opus (live, 1978) (1978/2008) (Two For The Show, 30th Anniversary Reissue)
Nektar    Diamond eyes (2013) (Time Machine)
Andy Salvanos    Juggler’s song (2007) (Closer)
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2015 at 09:59
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world, featuring recent music from Ben Craven (Brisbane) and classic music from the Australian bands Flake, Fraternity, Spectrum, Tamam Shud and Tully. And the Seasons Of Change birthday book is marking birthdays all over the place, including for two prolific bass players: Richard Sinclair (Caravan, etc) and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Yes, Liquid Tension Experiment, etc); plus singer Annie Haslam (Renaissance), guitarist John Du Cann (Atomic Rooster), Edgar Froese (Tangerine Dream) and the heavy sounds of Daniel Gildenlow (Pain Of Salvation).

8pm
Fraternity    Seasons of Change (1971) (Golden Miles: Australian Progressive Rock 1969:1974)
Tully    Sea of joy Part 1 (1971) (Sea Of Joy)
Tamam Shud    Bali waters (1972) (Morning Of The Earth s/track / bonus track on re-issue of Goolutionites…)
Tully    Sea of joy Part 2 (1971) (Sea Of Joy)
Sebastian Hardie    Vuja de (2011) (Blueprint)
Ben Craven    Diabolique + Nobody dies forever Pt.1 + Aquamarine (2011) (Great And Terrible Potions)
Renaissance    The captive heart (1977) (Novella)
Renaissance    Northern lights (live, Japan, 2001) (In The Land Of The Rising Sun)
Pain Of Salvation    Undertow (2002) (Remedy Lane)
9pm
Tony Levin    Pillar of fire (2000) (Waters of Eden)
The Stick Men (The Crimson Projeckt)    Vroom vroom (live, 2014) (Live In Tokyo)
Liquid Tension Experiment    Osmosis (1998) (Liquid Tension Experiment)
Pink Floyd    Learning to fly (1987) (A Momentary Lapse Of Reason)
Caravan    In the land of grey and pink (1971)  (In The Land Of Grey And Pink)
Hatfield and the North    It didn’t matter anyway (1975) (The Rotters Club)
Camel    Summer lightning (1978) (Breathless)
Atomic Rooster    Devil’s answer (1971) (single only)
The Last Embrace    On my own (2015) (The Winding Path)
10pm
The Tangent    A spark in the aether (2015) (A Spark In The Aether)
Tangerine Dream    Stratosfear (1976) (Stratosfear)
Tangerine Dream    Ultima Thule Pt.1 (1972) (single only)
Hawkwind    Brainstorm + Silver Machine (live, 1974) (Hawkwind At The BBC 1972)
Hawkwind    Chronoglide Skyway (1976) (Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music)
Flake    Under the silent tree (1971) (How’s Your Mother)
Spectrum    But that's alright (1972) (Milesago)
Company Caine    The last scene (1971) (A Product of a Broken Reality)
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2015 at 20:56
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock from Australia and around the world: this week, it's happy 70th birthday to Mike Rudd with a healthy serving of music after 10pm from his legendary Australian bands Spectrum and Ariel, and other birthdays this week include Chick Corea (Return To Forever), John Wetton (Asia, Family, King Crimson, Qango, UK, Uriah Heep and others) and Alan White (Yes).

8pm
Yes    Starship Trooper (1971) (The Yes Album)
Focus    Birth (1974) (Hamburger Concerto)
Return To Forever    Duel of the jester and the tyrant (1976)  (Romantic Warrior)
Chick Corea Akoustic Band    Spain (1989) (Chick Corea Akoustic Band)
Unitopia    Genesis medley (2013) (Covered Mirror Vol.1 Smooth As Silk)
Yes    The calling (1994) (Talk)
9pm
The Tangent    A spark in the aether (2015) (A Spark In The Aether)
Ozric Tentacles    Coily (1999) (Waterfall Cities)
John Wetton    Battlelines (1994) (Battlelines)
King Crimson    Fracture (live, 1974) (USA)
Asia    Sole survivor (live, 1990) (Live In Moscow)
The Masters Apprentices    Melodies of St. Kilda/Southern Cross + Thyme to rhyme (1972) (A Toast To Panama Red)
10pm
Spectrum    I’ll be gone (1971) (single, alternate stereo version / bonus track on reissue of Part One)
Indelible Murtceps    We are indelible (1972) (Warts Up Your Nose)
Spectrum    What the world needs (is a new pair of socks) (1971) (Milesago)
Ariel    Some good advice (live) (1977) (More From Before / Ariel Live In Concert)
Ariel    Rock & roll scars (1975) (Rock & Roll Scars)
Spectrum    Sensible shoes + Right into you (live, 2003) (Forever Music presents: Series One – Seasons Of Change)
Spectrum    Second coming (live, 2001) (Queenscliff Music Festival - Alive)
Spectrum    I’ll be gone + You just can’t win (1970) (original acetate demos – bonus tracks on reissue CD of Part One)
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2015 at 20:47
G'day, please join me for another edition of Seasons of Change this Saturday night (Australian time) with a selection of progressive rock and a bit of anything else that fits from Australia and around the world: this week featuring recent heavy music from Red Light Sound (Adelaide) and Arcane (Brisbane), and post rock from Echotide (Brisbane) plus classic sounds from Bakery, Samael Lilith and Sherbert. And it's happy birthday to that exceedingly talented kiwi, Tim Finn.

8pm
Rush    YYZ (1981) (Moving Pictures)
Rush    The necromancer (1975) (Caress Of Steel)
Rush    Grand designs (1985) (Power Windows)
Caravan    C’thlu Thlu (1973) (For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night)
Hatfield and the North    Mumps (1975) (The Rotters Club)
Echotide    3mwy (Of Hope) (2012) (As Our Floodlights Gave Way To Dawn)
9pm
Split Enz    Maybe (1975) (Mental Notes)
Split Enz    Spellbound (1974/1979) (The Beginning Of The Enz)
Split Enz    I hope I never (1980) (True Colours)
Finn    Eyes of the world (1995) (Finn)
Red Light Sound    Earth divides (2015) (Latitudes)
Arcane    Keeping Stone: sound on fire (2015) (Known/Learned)
Tiles    Static (1999) (Presents Of Mind)
Tiles    Dress rehearsal (1994/2004) (Tiles)
Ozric Tentacles    Changa masala (2015) (Technicians Of The Sacred)
10pm
Bakery    Living with a memory (1971) (Momento)
Sherbet    Crimson ships (1970) (single only / So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star?)
Samael Lilith    Nights in white satin (1970) (single only / So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star?)
Split Enz    Bold as brass + Give it a whirl + Pioneer + Six months in a leaky boat (live, NZ, 1993) (Greatest Hits: Live)
Curved Air    Over and above (1972) (Phantasmagoria)
Company Caine    The last scene (1971) (A Product of a Broken Reality)

Edited by David64T - June 26 2015 at 20:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>