Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreyField (Spain) for Symphonic Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: GreyField (Spain) for Symphonic Prog
    Posted: September 06 2014 at 12:08

GreyField is a project by Ferdinand Bach. From 2012 to 2014, GreyField released five albums.

"A la hora de pensar en la música de un proyecto, usted tiene que saber, que si quiere obtener beneficios, ha de tener los derechos de autor en regla. La contratación de un compositor supone tener la posibilidad de darle una magnífica sonorización al proyecto, con una exclusiva banda sonora que puede comercializar.

Comprendo de primera mano la difícil situación económica de muchos emprendedores, por lo que soy muy flexible con los presupuestos. Suelo estar mas interesado en la relevancia del proyecto, que lo que puedo ganar de él. No dude en contactar conmigo, sin ningún tipo de compromiso, para cualquier proyecto o trabajo, por pequeño que sea. Contratar un compositor es elevar la calidad de su trabajo.

Estudios

Poseo el titulo profesional de Piano, conseguido en el Real Conservatorio Profesional de Almería.

Actualmente estoy estudiando Composición en el Conservatorio Superior de Música "Eduardo Martínez Torner" de la ciudad de Oviedo, Principado de Asturias. En un futuro planeo empezar estudios de dirección de orquesta.

Profesores que han sido relevantes en mi vida son Juan Manuel Hidalgo, Marcos Jara o Pilar Maresca, entre otros.

Tengo intereses depositados en la electroacustica, la grabación y la electrónica. Pasión por el mundo de los sintetizadores, órganos y la grabación analógica.

He realizado diversos cursos, uno de los mas relevantes, a cargo de Oscar Araujo (compositor de la banda sonora de Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows) sobre composición musical para videojuegos." http://ferdinandbach.nu/index.html

""When thinking about music in a project, you have to know, if you want to benefit, must have the copyright rule.Hiring a composer supposed to be able to give you a great sound to the project with a unique soundtrack that can market.

I understand first hand the difficult economic situation of many entrepreneurs, so I am very flexible with budgets. I'm usually more interested in the relevance of the project that I can gain from itFeel free to contact me without any commitment to any project or work, however smallHiring a composer is to raise the quality of their work

Studies 

I hold the professional title of Piano, got in Royal Conservatory of Almería

I am currently studying composition at the Conservatory of Music "Eduardo Martínez Tornercity of Oviedo, Asturias.In the future I plan to start conducting studies

Teachers who have been important in my life are Juan Manuel Hidalgo, Mark Maresca and Pilar Jara, among others. 

I have interests in electroacoustic deposited, recording and electronics. Passion for the world of synthesizers, organs and analog recording

I have taken several coursesone of the most important, by Oscar Araujo (composer of the soundtrack for Castlevania: Lord Of Shadowson music composition for video games."
(Google translate) 

Edited by Svetonio - September 06 2014 at 12:30
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 13:53
Crikey!! This guy certainly gets around... Various projects he has participated in so far:

- Assoc. Gar-Pal: (2013-Present) Almeria Audiovisual Association, to which he contibutes vocals. He has also worked in partnership as an arranger of music anime versions.

- Ferdinand Bach (2012 - Present) solo project of electronic music, primarily focused on sound and retro chiptune.

- Greyfield : (2011-Present) group of progressive rock with influences in Andalusian music and bands like ELP, in which he is keyboardist and composer. So far they have recorded 4 albums.

- Trio of Aces (2014) Group versions of classic rock, formed by musicians with high experience, in which he worked as a keyboardist.

- Chavos United (2013) Grouping of different groups and musicians from all over the Spanish territory to carry out a concept album together.

- Divine Lust : (2011-2012) A virtuous symphonic power metal group in which he participated as a keyboardist and composer.

- Silverscream (2011) Group heavy metal / speed metal in which he participated as a keyboardist.

- Dirty Mushrooms : (2010 - 2011) Grouping garage in which he participated as a keyboardist and composer. We played a mix of stoner and grunge.

Greyfield discography:

[2014] Greyfield - 'Greyfield' (released  September 2014). 10 tracks of progressive rock of high quality are included. Recorded under the seal of Panzer Music, is expected to sell at Bandcamp and Google Play.

[2013] Greyfield - 'Dismal Moon'. Greyfield's third LP, with only 3 large progressive issues.

[2012] Greyfield - 'Still Walking'. Under the label of Panzer Music, published in September 2012 - a new job with 8 instrumental tracks that focus Andalusian influences and progressive rock, which is why a stable job with a more professional sound.

[2012] Greyfield - 'The Wizard Of The Greyfield'. This group's first album, recorded with home media, includes 10 tracks of around ambient, doom and progressive. Released in March 2012.

Yeah - worth looking into, I reckon...as long as the recording quality of some of the earlier works isn't seen as an issue (and the fact that he has very little web presence thus far other than what he has created himself - just 36 'likes' on facebook - though he only opened the account yesterday, I suppose!!)  Quite reminiscent of early Camel to these ears.  Smile

Edited by yam yam - September 06 2014 at 14:14
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 18:53
Thank you Yam Yam.
Ferdinand Bach View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 08:50
Hey, thanks for uploading my project here. Sorry for not responding earlier, but I had no internet at home. For any information about the album and the band, now I'm here :))

Thanks again for your interest in my work 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 11:59
Welcome to progarchives Fernando! Hug Still only 45 'likes' on facebook, so things are moving along rather slowly at the moment, but a video has recently been uploaded to YouTube showing the influence that ELP have most likely had on this project:

I still reckon it's worth someone who matters on here looking into the project further, even though it appears to have slipped through here pretty well unnoticed by our collabs first time around... Embarrassed
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 18:53
Is there a proper CD available or just Bandcamp?
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 17:37
Are we considering the band for submission? Please send details of more music to listen to and the team can decide on submission to PA.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 18:10
The latest Greyfield album is on bandcamp, Scott - but for some reason the others all seem to have been recently removed. Confused

The last one is still on YouTube though:

Smile

The guy's website seems to have been 'played about' with too http://ferdinandbach.nu/index.html - the pages don't load fully (as they did perfectly when I last visited it). Not sure whether he wants his full history to be seen/heard anymore. Best wait for him to post here again and let us know what the position is ihmo, before taking this any further. Ermm

Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 23:11
I agree with Yam Yam.

Lets have more info before

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 10:08
Sorry I'm late in answering

I uploaded the album to mediafire 
http://www.mediafire.com/download/67cd499m1v69761/%5B2014%5D+GreyField+-+GreyField+%28info%40ferdinandbach.nu+for+password%29.rar

If you want to download it freely send a message to [email protected] and I will give you the password to the .rar file

Mi web site and some links to my music are temporarily closed due to I'm improving the website

@bhikkhu I plan to do physical copies of the album, I let you know when it will be all in order to order a copy

also left an interview I did for a local blog (it's in spanish)
http://rocketeersmusic.blogspot.com.es/2014/10/entrevista-greyfield.html

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 11:00
Originally posted by Ferdinand Bach Ferdinand Bach wrote:

(...)

also left an interview I did for a local blog (it's in spanish)
http://rocketeersmusic.blogspot.com.es/2014/10/entrevista-greyfield.html

(Google translate)

Very good dear readers, now writing The Rocketeers (if we flipamos much) we're in luck, because we release new section, and typical, mythical and mandatory interview section.

To inaugurate this section interviewing a countryman of ours who recently released a self-titled work name, Greyfield. I leave you with the interview:

Very good afternoon, this ... How do I call? Is this the Fernando? ¿Ferdinand Bach?

Hi Antonio, Greyfield album is signed by Ferdinand Bach. Ferdinand Bach is a pseudonym, a kind of stage name I've been using since very young, due to the absolute admiration I feel for JSBach. Yet in recent months, I have thought about going back to using my real name, Fernando Marín Vega.

And what should be changed to your real name? Perhaps to get closer to the audience of your land?

Just for convenience

his interview, obviously it's your latest release digital album Greyfield, eponymous name, so let's get straight to the point. What is Greyfield? Who are they?

Greyfield is a project I started in late 2011, when I was doing 2nd Bachelor. I just started to feel some accomplishment. He had long been involved in other projects in the garage that had little compositional freedom and create a group where I should manage it all seemed a very attractive idea. To date it has been a 'one-man band' although often I tried joining other musicians to belong to the formation.

Today, Can be commercial and live music to the above called "Bands Indies", but your musical approach is completely different, risky and worthy of 60/70. Why are you doing this instead of something less risky and some jerk to the mass public?

As I said before, I started the project by sheer embodiment, in addition I started in a time when I had no idea just recording and compositional skills (laughs).

It must be understood therefore that work is directed to a very small audience, over here in Spain, but it is something that I am aware since I started this journey in 2011.

What do you understand by few compositional skills?

A person has knowledge of composition when the score can write what you have in your head. Many musicians can occur to them that they have a brilliant idea, but do not know how to translate it into writing.

Nobody is born knowing and the best way to fix this is by analyzing your influences. No it's okay to say so, but composing is based on most times to copy a formula that you know works.

The music, along with a life, it can also be a therapy for our major penalties, as it can be a worthy attraction in our great successes, How did music influence you in your life? Does the personality of a person can be marked by it? What is your way of living?

The Greek Damon and Pythagoras discovered and studied what is called the theory of Ethos. The ancient Greeks spoke of a concept that exists between the affections and the music, every melody, every sound, every way, stimulates mood, a feeling ... a way of being final.

I am a person who lives alone and exclusively for music. She has covered all my time and deprived me of other hobbies that you previously had. But amidst all this fanaticism've found my way, a way to find happiness, so absent in these modern times.

- Something that stands out in your work, is the complexity of the compositions, a person who has never studied any music, Can you do something similar? I, for example, play the guitar and have never studied music, though it is true that on my own I've learned something, but at least I would not be able to do something.

This all depends on the ambition, dedication and the path of each composer. There is no more correct than another style, it's something that is conditioned by personal judgment and experience emotions that we need at any given time. The Greyfield Road has been very eclectic, early recordings have a great deal of doom and black, engraved in a gruesome manner that has been disappearing along the way. While it is true that an issue like Mediterranean Sonata (Masterpiece disk) requires a deeper knowledge in the world of harmony and contemporary music. But I learned, anyone can learn.

Then I think this question is obliged Does the musician is born, it becomes, or is believed to be a musician (laughs)?

The musician is the same way that a blacksmith forge or learn in the same way that a baker learn to make bread.

Anything to say to your fans?

Life is evolution, and my way is not exempt from that premise. If the reader is a fan of the project means that you liked my work, therefore, I feel satisfied, as is the purpose of music. I never fall into the trap of writing music that sought displeasure at the listener's ears, but on my way research and innovation. More than an artist, I consider myself a craftsman as Igor Stravinsky said in his book Poetic Musical.
I am currently mulling several possibilities. I very interested in the world and the aesthetics of vaporwave, while I want to make a fairly extended orchestral work, as it was in his day '' The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table '' an album master one of my favorite keyboardists Rick Wakeman. Whatever you do, it will not lose the progressive feature, which is already my personal stamp.

I will also make a run in physical album, which can include a pretty cool promo shirt. I never planned to do business with this job, because as I said above, the audience of this genre is very small to worry about him live audience, so the album is also available for free. The theme of the album to sell 6 euros for financing arises. In my future work I would like to pay musicians in the flesh, recording studios, audio equipment, instruments, artists and designers, duplicators. The work of music is very expensive and requires much effort. Still, I enjoy doing this, and continue the road anyway.
All those who want a free digital copy or a physical copy, can inform you that contact [email protected] email account.

I love this section, the question of the fans is very open, and I really like the advantage you, your message is direct and secretes a positivism that today in the world of music is very necessary, and also demonstrates how one person can make an entire album has much merit, and I think your fans will appreciate it, or at least should. Is the musician undervalued today?

Anyone who knows anything about music history, will see that the musician is not at all underrated. Perhaps an unknown profession to the great bulk of the population, due to their nature.

But several factors to occur include:

First, the music has been 'democratized' for everyone, and even more ways to create it. Any teenager can catch 100 euros a guitar and start making music, or any program can be hacked into the computer, because computers are also instruments. Everyone can enter a music school, everyone can learn.

We are therefore, to see if I explained well with a society that has music as a hobby, and it will not be strange that someone knows several amateur musicians in his circle of friends, so the idea of a professional musician, who does nothing more than pursue music, it is almost unknown and shocking.

Second, it is addressed to the world of orchestras and conservatories ... there has been no evolution. The 'educated' music has been degraded by toxic elements seeking auditory unpleasantness and bad feelings. Discomfort, despair, confusion, destruction ... the tanatos is overrepresented in contemporary composers and current school and has fled the eros, vitality, passion and joy. Maybe I can seem reactionary saying this, but is a reality that contemporary music has moved away completely from the heart of the listener. This led in his day the rise of popular music, and once seated was pop groups, succeeded another factor to truly associate the problems of today music: Pop, rock and derivatives is made for dancing, not to be heard, so the musician scenic element disappears and is replaced by economic and terrible figure of the Disk Jockey. No need to listen to the music, there's only concern profusely dancing, whether at a concert or a club. This is essentially the real problem of our times, no doubt.

Today an average orchestra has to play a repertoire of 200 years ago if you want a certain audience in the auditorium. Only a minority with taste would come cheerfully somewhat disrupted a concert by György Ligeti.

To make matters worse there are few bands that are not parasitic on state subsidies, and still in the red.

If the orchestra does not evolve and are not run from bad practices, it will disappear as is already happening. A complete transformation of the concept that we understand today by orchestra needed.

The solution to this 'underestimation musician' is to recreate directed music listener's heart while awakens their interest with some complexity.

Create extensive conceptual works that tell stories and having a full range of feelings. Defending the idea of the album (LP) versus Single. That plus the dedication to revitalize physical format, and this

- Besides Greyfield, have you had any experience further into the world of music? Have you played with more bands or have given solo concerts?

Of course, long since lost count of all the projects in which I participated. There have been victories and failures, but I do not regret anything.

I fear that we have reached the end of the interview, it was a pleasure to have a word with you, and hopefully you go a little better from now and hopefully the next time we interview will be with some fame and popularity in the music scene.

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2014 at 13:31
Hi how's it going? Are you finally going to add my band into the website? 
Need more information? Confused

http://www.mediafire.com/download/67cd499m1v69761/%5B2014%5D+GreyField+-+GreyField+%28info%40ferdinandbach.nu+for+password%29.rar

Password: greyfield.prog
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2014 at 13:37
Hi Ferdinand

Sometimes the evaluation can take a bit of time - especially if and when the team in question has got a lot on it's plate. We get a lot of suggestions, but we are pretty much always the same amount of people having to do the work it takes to do evals, write bios, add albums and the works. So please be a little patientSmile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2014 at 21:25
Originally posted by Ferdinand Bach Ferdinand Bach wrote:

Hi how's it going? Are you finally going to add my band into the website? 
Need more information? Confused

Password: greyfield.prog

I'll take it to the team.

bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 17:25
Geryfield just got a majority approval. Please be patient with the actual addition. We have had quite a few suggestions lately.
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 20:38
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

Geryfield just got a majority approval. Please be patient with the actual addition. We have had quite a few suggestions lately.

Whoops, spoke too soon. Still need one team member to submit his vote.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 22:10
No problem HT, there's an amount of discretion for the team

I can assure that as you said Greyfield is in.

Iván

bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 17:38
Yep, it unanimous now.
 Post Reply Post Reply