Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SONJA KRISTINA Receives Guiding Light Award
    Posted: September 13 2014 at 13:50
For Immediate Release

CURVED AIR Lead Singer SONJA KRISTINA Receives Guiding Light Award
at the PROG Awards 2014

London, UK - Sonja Kristina has been honoured at the prestigious PROG Magazine Awards night held at the Globe Theatre in London.

Sonja Kristina said It is a great honour to receive The Guiding Light Award. I didn't think very far ahead when I first started out but I feel very blessed now after so many years to be still creating and releasing new albums and performing with such superb musicians in Curved Air. I always did love the camaraderie of being on the road and the alchemy of performance.”

PROG editor Jerry Ewing added The Guiding Light Award is for those artists who offer inspiration through their actions. As one of the leading ladies of a genre once thought of as very much a male domain, Sonja has been a pioneering spirit in the prog world, and an inspiration to the now many female artists in the genre who have followed on. I cannot think of a better suited recipient.”

The band is best known for its hits "Back Street Luv", "It Happened Today" and "Vivaldi". The current line-up also features original drummer Florian Pilkington-Miksa, classic era guitarist Kirby Gregory alongside Robert Norton (keys), Chris Harris (bass) and Paul Sax (violin).

Curved Air has been going from strength to strength ‎since the recent release of the band's first studio album to feature new material in nearly 40 years, NORTH STAR.

The band had previously released LIVE ATMOSPHERE and will shortly embark on a UK tour ahead of a worldwide tour in 2015.

CURVED AIR – NORTH STAR

CURVED AIR – LIVE ATMOSPHERE

Official Websites: www.curvedair.com and www.sonjakristina.com
Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, Billy James, PH: 828-350-8158 (USA) [email protected]
Rick Robson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 13:58
CONGRATULATIONS Sonja !!!

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 11:35
Wow, haven't heard Sonja's or the band's name in quite a while.  Used to love Curved Air back in the day; I don't put them on too much anymore, but I still dig that sound, especially Sonja's vocals, just a pity that those early Air albums sound so bad on CD.
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
 Post Reply Post Reply