Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDigipak vs jewel case

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Which and why do you prefer of these two below?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [32.65%]
33 [67.35%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:27
In all fairness Sonia: you're a girl. 
We, the opposite sex, are prone to demolish everything we come in contact with - even the stuff we love and try our best to safeguard.
Everything from my shoes to my shirts to music and bicycles, furniture, the actual room I reside in - everything looked and still looks, much much worse and beat down than my sister's version of the same.
I have never seen anything substantial to contradict this thesis.

Edited by Guldbamsen - September 19 2014 at 06:28
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:27
Originally posted by PrognosticMind PrognosticMind wrote:

I really, REALLY want a turntable Big smile.

The longer "they" talk about jewel cases, the more I want a turntable, too .. even though I already have 3 of them :) Turntables are theraupeutic. 
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:29
While digipacks look better, jewel cases tessellate better and are easier to maintain as David said
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:32
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Arhh that's just meanOuch 
I bet that sticker has saved a lot of air inspector arse...

Nevermind the topic of this forum, Guldbamsen that profile pic of yours looks so funny and that guy looks like Heston Blumenthal, an UK Chef :)is that him? hugs xxx
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:35

We, the opposite sex, are prone to demolish everything we come in contact with - even the stuff we love and try our best to safeguard.
Everything from my shoes to my shirts to music and bicycles, furniture, the actual room I reside in - everything looked and still looks, much much worse and beat down than my sister's version of the same.

Count me as a girly-man, then, Dave!
If I've bought them brand new, all my digipacks are more or less in the same condition as Sonias - pristine! I get annoyed when I find them in less than perfect nick, they suddenly feel less to me! It's probably an OCD thing!

I've got some second hand Hawkwind ones that are in dreadful condition that I can't even bear to look at, I feel like Homer casting out his half-built robot!

Oh, and I rock a mean pair of cowboy boots most days now that I will throw THE girliest hissyfit when they end up even slightly scuffed!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

hahahahaha!!!!!! sorry but hahahaha!!!! can't think of a reply right now while laughing hahaha!!!! hugs xxx hahaha still laughing here. Guldbamsen
PrognosticMind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Originally posted by PrognosticMind PrognosticMind wrote:

I really, REALLY want a turntable Big smile.

The longer "they" talk about jewel cases, the more I want a turntable, too .. even though I already have 3 of them :) Turntables are theraupeutic. 

Yes indeed. I used to have an older model (was my parents', thing was a gem of a player), but have since been out of luck. I'd like to get something decently affordable without sacrificing quality too much. After all, that's kind of the point with vinyl, is it not? Wink

All of this talk about jewel cases/digipaks has me wanting to review my collection LOL.
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:38
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Amen, brutha!

Also, he could have just been someone that REALLY hated retro styled prog!

"You call that progressive?!' - SLICE!

LOL
Could've been Walter with all his 'post 89 music is rubbish'.
Anyway if you have to slice any prog album, then it's probably fair it winds up being the Flower Kings *yikes*WinkTongue

Dave, your `anti-Flower Kings/pro slicing' agenda has been quite clear for some time!

Actually, I'll take your Flower Kings and raise you an Edison's Children!

Oh stop it you evil man! You're drowning me in lotion and old men with butter crushes.

I was actually visiting an old friend of mine, who I found out had turned into quite the Flower Kings fan. We obviously started busting caps in our respective arses, when we found out - bang bang and all that jazz!!!! 
Nahh we tend to focus on the stuff we have in common instead (while viciously attacking each other's poor tastes in music. He tends to swing for my love of Krautrock - a type of music he loathes about as much as I do the Flower Kings)
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:43
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Nevermind the topic of this forum, Guldbamsen that profile pic of yours looks so funny and that guy looks like Heston Blumenthal, an UK Chef :)is that him? hugs xxx

My turn: LOLLOLLOL

Heston Blumenthal!?!?!!!? LOL 
Nah it's me attending a barbecue with some student friends of mine. Our 'team' had the colour purple and needed to decorate every team member with this fabulous colour. I had a female friend do a top for me - something she thought up all by herself. She promised she'd make me a costume - I promised to wear it (regardless of the outcome).

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:50

Amen, brutha!

Also, he could have just been someone that REALLY hated retro styled prog!

"You call that progressive?!' - SLICE!

LOL
Could've been Walter with all his 'post 89 music is rubbish'.
Anyway if you have to slice any prog album, then it's probably fair it winds up being the Flower Kings *yikes*WinkTongue

Dave, your `anti-Flower Kings/pro slicing' agenda has been quite clear for some time!

Actually, I'll take your Flower Kings and raise you an Edison's Children!

Oh stop it you evil man! You're drowning me in lotion and old men with butter crushes.
I was actually visiting an old friend of mine, who I found out had turned into quite the Flower Kings fan. We obviously started busting caps in our respective arses, when we found out - bang bang and all that jazz!!!! 
Nahh we tend to focus on the stuff we have in common instead (while viciously attacking each other's poor tastes in music. He tends to swing for my love of Krautrock - a type of music he loathes about as much as I do the Flower Kings)

Cooee!! Guldbamsen hahaha!! Krautrock I seem to be at the other end really, it's more punk prog with weird noises to me
Anyway speaking of Vinyl, here you go, you see this is a more or less recent album I bought a completely useless vinyl album which I cannot listen anywhere really, as much as I want to collect them they are not practical realy

Edited by Kati - September 19 2014 at 06:50
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:53

Nah it's me attending a barbecue with some student friends of mine. Our 'team' had the colour purple and needed to decorate every team member with this fabulous colour. I had a female friend do a top for me - something she thought up all by herself. She promised she'd make me a costume - I promised to wear it (regardless of the outcome).

you look very much like Blumenthal lol it's amazing!!! ha! hugs xxx you are a good sport yay! No matter how ridiculous you look, I love that!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:54

If I've bought them brand new, all my digipacks are more or less in the same condition as Sonias - pristine! I get annoyed when I find them in less than perfect nick, they suddenly feel less to me! It's probably an OCD thing!

I've got some second hand Hawkwind ones that are in dreadful condition that I can't even bear to look at, I feel like Homer casting out his half-built robot!

Oh, and I rock a mean pair of cowboy boots most days now that I will throw THE girliest hissyfit when they end up even slightly scuffed!

Don't get me wrong. I try my very best not to f*ck up my stuff - especially the stuff that really means something to me. I don't go out of my way to be destructive (unless I'm attending a metal gig), it just often winds up that way. I throw a party and start doing DJ things - 'Hey you guys!! I know we've been dancing to Michael J for the last hour, but you gotta check out some Van Der Graaf Generator' - or maybe I'm at a party in the woods, and someone somewhere suddenly decides to start dancing on the bonfire and seconds later, I'm that guy and it's bye bye to the new Converse I bought earlier the same day. I have stories about every facet of my life like that. The only things I've ever been successful in protecting, are probably the kids I throw around in my work (hoho - let's wait a few years and see how many that wind up in the mad house).

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:55

hahaahaha!!! hugs xxxx
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:57
Jewel cases do not age well. Somehow the hinges and the teeth on the hub that holds the CD break off for no apparent reason. Besides, they take a lot of space without adding significant cultural value (unlike LP jackets, which often have great art on them, legible booklet/poster inserts etc). 

I keep the CDs that are in regular use in an binder, and the rest of them are stacked in CD spindles, rather unceremoniously. 
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:57

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Digipak are nice when they're new. I'm looking at my Pink Floyd 2011 remasters and they are not in great condition now Ermm

Both my Animals cd and The Wall dvd are digipacks and to date they look brand new, Meltdowner :) hugsxxx

They are difficult to store but not impossible, and I admit that my CD's are not stored in the best way but I haven't come up with a better alternative. I take much more care of my vinyls though Wink
I remembered why my Pink Floyd CD's are not in great condition: I had to bring them with me to listen on the bus when my MP3 player stopped working.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 06:59
hahahaha!!! I am laughing here !!! hahaha!!! Aussi and Guldbamsen, we might as well call this the Bedlam forum lololol hahaha!!! I feel like I had a dose of laughing gas hahaha reading back makes it even worse lolol
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 07:02

Digipak are nice when they're new. I'm looking at my Pink Floyd 2011 remasters and they are not in great condition now Ermm

Both my Animals cd and The Wall dvd are digipacks and to date they look brand new, Meltdowner :) hugsxxx
They are difficult to store but not impossible, and I admit that my CD's are not stored in the best way but I haven't come up with a better alternative. I take much more care of my vinyls though WinkI remembered why my Pink Floyd CD's are not in great condition: I had to bring them with me to listen on the bus when my MP3 player stopped working.

Meltdower, hahaha you see!!! Oh and the remastered version of Animals is most excellent really :) usually most remastered albums lose or lack something, Animals does not this album is most brilliant really :) hugs xxxx
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 07:03

you look very much like Blumenthal lol it's amazing!!! ha! hugs xxx you are a good sport yay! No matter how ridiculous you look, I love that!

Maybe it's the due then? I've never been compared to HestonLOL

Anyway, do I still look like him now?

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 07:04

Maybe it's the due then? I've never been compared to HestonLOL
Anyway, do I still look like him now?

you cheat you changed your profile pic! ha!!!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 07:07
Guldbamsen is that you too in that profile pic the new one? You are a dark horse ha! xxx If so I want to see more lololol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>