Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEcho Us new album - II:XII, À PRIORI MEMORIAÉ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Echo Us new album - II:XII, À PRIORI MEMORIAÉ
    Posted: September 28 2014 at 12:10
In last 2 months I found many great "Classic Prog" albums. Some of them released by new bands like "The Ben Cameron Project" and some released by professional musicians like "Rob Reed". Last week I got "Echo Us" new album:II:XII, À PRIORI MEMORIAÉ. In first listening I found that "Normal" album with Modern sound or Experimental stuff BUT after more listens I found that "Classic Prog" album!
I dont want to be Negative but I face to another "Mike Oldfield" copy album. We have a similar discus about Rob Reed's "Sanctuary". Copy or Tribute or Homage or .... I dont want to repeat that again but one different thing! forced me to start similar post.
 In "Sanctuary" you can see Oldfield's compose,arrangement,touch and ... very clear and Rob point to this in his interviews but in "II:XII, À PRIORI MEMORIAÉ" you can see musician's try to hide this. I mean Echo Us try to use Oldfield's Elements and hide these elements with sounding or ....
Rob used early 70's Oldfield's elements but Echo Us use wide range of Oldfield's musical accents from 70 till now. You can find Mike Oldfield's career in "only" one album!! From his (mike) guitar sound and touch to his meditation albums like "Sphere" or his World music like "Songs from Distant earth". If you are a Mike Oldfield's huge fan (like me),You can listen to this album and enjoy but this cant be a positive point for Echo Us. This is a "Nostalgic position!" for Mike's fans
absolute View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 13:19
...a video link for those that might want to actually hear the music being compared to the afformentioned-

Echo Us A Priori Memoriae Promo

Edited by absolute - October 10 2014 at 13:20
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 10:41
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply