Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Involved 'Revolving Maze' Exclusive PA Download
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInvolved 'Revolving Maze' Exclusive PA Download

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Involved 'Revolving Maze' Exclusive PA Download
    Posted: October 03 2014 at 12:23
To my fellow PA users,

My name is Joseph Dorsey, and I am in a new project called Involved. This project is a collaboration between myself and an unknown person (who goes by Reivilo Enoignor) from Battlestations (one of of the breakthrough acts on PA in 2012), and we released our first album 'REVOLVING MAZE' on September 19th, 2014, through Hidden Shoal Publishing. As a big ProgArchives user since 2007, I have a certain love for this site and its users. This is why I want to offer PA users an exclusive free download of our brand new album!

Download 'REVOLVING MAZE'

Read more about our album at the links below.
Enjoy!

Bandcamp
https://involved.bandcamp.com/album/revolving-maze

PA Page
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9004

Hidden Shoal
http://www.hiddenshoal.com

Official Press Release From Hidden Shoal:

Involved is an international collaboration between Joe Dorsey (Until Sunrise, Ocean Architecture) and Reivilo Enoignor (Battlestations). The collaboration arose after Joe discovered and fell in love with Battlestations’ 2012 album A Cold Embrace. Joe contacted the band and sent them some of his previous work, Reivilo replied, and the Involved project was born.

Involved’s influences vary widely, including Tangerine Dream, Pet Shop Boys, Massive Attack, Cult of Luna, Anathema and Ulver. Their debut album Revolving Maze was constructed in fragments, with Joe and Reivilo sharing ideas and sounds entirely over the internet. Reivilo (keyboards, electronics, production) would send the basis for a track, and Joe (vocals, keyboards, production) would flesh out the melodies and add instrumental colour. They independently released the Implant EP in September 2013, and completed Revolving Maze in November 2013.

On their debut album, Involved fuse the psychedelic sounds of ’70s kosmische with ’80s electronic and more modern ambient styles, creating evocative, cinematic music. However, rather than being revisionist, the duo curate fresh sounds from a musical palette that spans 40 years. Lush synth tones are deployed with an innate sense of melody, leading the listener through widescreen narratives of enviable scope. With Revolving Maze, the title says it all: this is complex, engrossing music that transforms with each spin.

Revolving Maze is released through Hidden Shoal on 19 September 2014.

Edited by pianoman - October 03 2014 at 12:25
Raccoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 00:02
How sweet!! Embarrassed When it's free, I always expect crap... Don't know why. Just an artist's decision to spread the sounds to the masses.
So far, I'm really liking what I'm hearing... And I don't normally like the Progressive Electronic sub-category. Airy, intoxicating. To be perfectly frank, I really don't like Tangerine Dream all that much!! So, great job!! 

Reminds me of various video game soundtracks (like Deus Ex, as Second Life Syndrome mentioned). A more elaborate Final Fantasy VII soundtrack. Video game music can be captivating, if the mood and melody are right. Great job here.

Edited by Raccoon - October 04 2014 at 00:02
      Check out my FREE album: A one-man project   The Distant Dynasty

https://distantdynasty.bandcamp.com/
pianoman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 00:41
Raccoon, good ear! Deus Ex was an influence to my half of the contribution (don't know if my buddy ever played the game). I'm really glad you like the music. It's hard to promote music as a nobody without everyone thinking the music is total sh*t. So thanks for the faith

Edited by pianoman - October 04 2014 at 00:52
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 16:50
Cool.

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
pianoman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2014 at 02:38
Let me know if there are any problems with the dropbox link. I'll figure out another way to get you the album.
Raccoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 21:53
You really should start charging a few bucks. Fantastic album, can't stop listening to it. And that rarely happens!! I'll write a sincere review soon...
      Check out my FREE album: A one-man project   The Distant Dynasty

https://distantdynasty.bandcamp.com/
pianoman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 01:47
Originally posted by Raccoon Raccoon wrote:

You really should start charging a few bucks. Fantastic album, can't stop listening to it. And that rarely happens!! I'll write a sincere review soon...

It's 5 Euros on bandcamp, $9 for other digital distributers. I'm posting it free here, because i know this is a very small limited community. I love you guys!

And thank you for the love if you haven't heard our first release, the IMPLANT EP yet, please check it out (it's also free, and quite different).

Cheers!

Edited by pianoman - October 11 2014 at 01:49
 Post Reply Post Reply