Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRolling Stone discovers Genesis....FINALLY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 19:41
hah. I just regained some semblance of respect for that magazine long since lost. My god were those top guitarists list absolute trash, done so badly they inspired websites to set things right, notably the whole DDD website which was my first foray into the whole musical internet chat site thingie (and where I first met Ivan haha), you knew you had idiots working there.

However any magazine that put Willie on the cover and honored him for the legend he is...gets forgivenous for me. LOL Prog is nice he though is a true musical legend, and unique piece of Americana,that needs to be honored and treasured now before the sad day he finally leave us.

That is the #1 thing on my list of things to do before I die, but suppose I never will, I would give my left arm to smoke a J with Willie.

Edited by micky - October 22 2014 at 19:42
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 20:12
^why not ask him, he would probably let you keep the arm
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 20:20
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

^why not ask him, he would probably let you keep the arm

I tried...in lieu of the arm I even offered him a hot Italian woman who can cook up a storm and is even more of liberal firebrand than he is AND is just beginning to like his albums ..but he ignored my facebook posts on his wall. Probably thought I was a bit out there. Pfff.

I sure his assistant has a date book set aside specifically for 'appointments' on the tour bus, but likely reserved only for personalities much more luminous and notable than me than want to do the same before they die. CryLOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 12:02
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

hah. I just regained some semblance of respect for that magazine long since lost. My god were those top guitarists list absolute trash, done so badly they inspired websites to set things right, notably the whole DDD website which was my first foray into the whole musical internet chat site thingie (and where I first met Ivan haha), you knew you had idiots working there.

However any magazine that put Willie on the cover and honored him for the legend he is...gets forgivenous for me. LOL Prog is nice he though is a true musical legend, and unique piece of Americana,that needs to be honored and treasured now before the sad day he finally leave us.

That is the #1 thing on my list of things to do before I die, but suppose I never will, I would give my left arm to smoke a J with Willie.
This is exactly part of my beef with RS. They can put Willie on the cover and it causes me no offence. That the late great Towns Van Zandt was never on their cover is what offends me.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 15:55
This is exactly part of my beef with RS. They can put Willie on the cover and it causes me no offence. That the late great Towns Van Zandt was never on their cover is what offends me.
[/QUOTE]

ehhh Steve..  perhaps I am simply too mellowed out in my advancing age.  RS is going to cover what they do, or not, just if they do it, you (like anything you do in life) should take some pride and do a good job. RS has long LONG since stopped being considered anything resembling a respected defining voice in music. Making or breaking groups or speaking on a basis of knowledge or authority. Hell, the fact they ignore a band (like the R&R HOF) could be now considered a badge of honor hahah.

The choice of subjects, covers, or ignoring of subjects never bothered me with RS, it was just what they did sucked IMO. You have better,  FAR better writers on this site. And a helluva lot more open-mindedness.. and that is saying something on a damned prog rock website LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 16:01
^True that, micky. You can't beat a dead horse but it takes no effort keep shooting at one.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 16:07
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^True that, micky. You can't beat a dead horse but it takes no effort keep shooting at one.

beating dead horses is particular perverse pleasure of mine.  Understand completely LOL
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 06:46
I thought this meant the band discovered the band, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567