Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Orion 20th Anniversary Celebration November 8th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOrion 20th Anniversary Celebration November 8th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orion 20th Anniversary Celebration November 8th
    Posted: October 13 2014 at 21:40
Friends of Orion Sound Studios are happy to present for your enjoyment:

The Orion Studios 20th Anniversary Appreciation Festival

A DAY-LONG CELEBRATION OF THE ORION SHOWCASE PERFORMANCES IN HONOR OF MIKE POTTER, THE MAN WHO HAS LONG STOOD BEHIND THE MIXING BOARD WITH GENEROSITY AND IMPECCABLE TASTE

YOU are invited to share 20 years of Orion memories with friends, food, and music in the Trapezium Room, famous for its unbeatable sound, intimate “Living Room” ambiance, and memorabilia-lined walls. Please come share the day with us, help us honor Mike and his 20-year devotion to the Baltimore/Washington-area progressive music scene, and, above all, enjoy stellar entertainment provided by:

DISCIPLINE
ALEC K. REDFEARN & THE EYESORES
FROGG CAFE
THE KNELLS

Saturday, November 8, 2014 - Ticket Price: $60*

Starting Time: 2:00 pm - Dinner break: 5:00 pm

* 70 seats are available and seating must be reserved through the following email: [email protected]. Ms. Debi Byrd will be happy to record your intended presence, and payment will be collected at the door the day of the show. (No credit cards or checks, please.)

Ticket price does not include dinner. Local restaurant info will be provided, and takeout pizza orders will be taken. Guests are encouraged to bring a favorite dish or snacks to share, and select items from the Pook Boarding House Kitchen, The Baking Broad, and the Burch Country Pantry will be there for starters!

Please do bear in mind that this is a celebration party...MORE than the average Orion Showcase! For this special night we have assembled some of Mike's favorite bands--some very outstanding bands!--in thanks for the countless hours he has donated, without compensation, for US!

Come join us in saying “THANK YOU!”
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2014 at 05:36
Definitely reserve those tickets if one wants to go.

The orion is as intimate venue as you will find, it is in a warehouse bay for heaven's sake. Incredible sound, best sounding venue of the ones I've been to. Mike does a great job, one reason so many live albums have been cut there.

Discipline was incredible at NJ Proghouse, I heard many attributed that to the intimate venue there. Should be even better  at Orion!  Looking forward to seeing everyone (Ian!) again and perhaps checking out Baltimore's Red Light district again after the show hahaha.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 07:28
Raff just told me so I'll pass it on.  It is now sold out! 

Hopefully some of you were able to get tickets, it'd be nice to meet some of you. It does seem the usual crowd at the Orion are more the hard core proggies and tend to reside on the other forum but if any of you all did get tickets and are able to make it let me know and we'll get together.

Edited by micky - October 25 2014 at 07:29
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 07:37
Would've been cool if there'd been bus lines from Denmark to Washington/Baltimore, but The States are probably one of the few countries we're never going to build a bridge to. Lord knows, if it was feasible we'd try. (crazy Danes and their bridges)

Have fun though you guys.
I would've loved to meet some of you (I imagine Ian and I would have a lot to talk about musically) - the legendary Micky and Raff duo includedTongue

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 07:52
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Would've been cool if there'd been bus lines from Denmark to Washington/Baltimore, but The States are probably one of the few countries we're never going to build a bridge to. Lord knows, if it was feasible we'd try. (crazy Danes and their bridges)

Have fun though you guys.
I would've loved to meet some of you (I imagine Ian and I would have a lot to talk about musically) - the legendary Micky and Raff duo includedTongue

someday perhaps!!  Never say never!  Smile 
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 15:10
Definitely looking forward to Nov 8. I have seen three of the four bands on stage, with the exception of The Knells - whose debut album I reviewed for DPRP earlier this year. Great stuff all around, and the company will also be great.

Man, it feels good to be back! Four years ago I believed I'd never "set foot" on this forum again. Even if things had gone sour before I left, now the bad feelings seem to have evaporated, and I realized that I missed this place much more than I thought.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 16:31
yeah.   As much as I am looking forward to the music I'm looking forward to what the Prog Chef, the Baking Broad (haha what a trip she is), the Pook Kitchen and Burch Pantry bring!  One can't enough good music on an empty stomach!
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 21:01
^^^Hey, look who's here!!!

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 21:12
Will be good to see you Micky
Ian

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 07:49
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Indeed!  You coming alone or bringing the prog daughter with you hahah.  It is really cool to see her so much into this music. 

Making a day trip or staying the night? We love the Baltimore night life and are staying over. We made our way through what has to be the 'red light' district of Baltimore one time we were there on the way to meet one of the Orion groups for dinner after a show late one night and it was quite fun and definitely interesting haha. 

Edited by micky - October 26 2014 at 07:50
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 07:55
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

^^^Hey, look who's here!!!

Smile we are quite inseparable. Heart Great to see her back, like me, I know she missed some of the people here we lost touch with after we made the jump to FB.

Edited by micky - October 26 2014 at 07:55
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 08:19
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Indeed!  You coming alone or bringing the prog daughter with you hahah.  It is really cool to see her so much into this music. 

Making a day trip or staying the night? We love the Baltimore night life and are staying over. We made our way through what has to be the 'red light' district of Baltimore one time we were there on the way to meet one of the Orion groups for dinner after a show late one night and it was quite fun and definitely interesting haha. 

I am indeed bringing prog daughter :)

I'm driving down on Friday with the wife to have a night in the harbor area then drive back Sunday
Ian

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 08:28

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I am indeed bringing prog daughter :)

I'm driving down on Friday with the wife to have a night in the harbor area then drive back Sunday

awesome!  I think we are driving up Sat. and staying the night and spending Sunday hitting some areas of Baltimore we haven't fully checked out yet.  Raff really loves the feel and vibe of the city. So do I actually. Smile
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 08:52
Okay I'm jealous. It may not have been that long since we were all together but I would love to do it again.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 08:56
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

Okay I'm jealous. It may not have been that long since we were all together but I would love to do it again.

Heart 
 Post Reply Post Reply