Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCruise to the Edge 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cruise to the Edge 2015
    Posted: January 15 2015 at 17:41
Sorry if already posted.....Info on Cruise to the Edge 2015.

http://cruisetotheedge.com/

Yes, Marillion, Allan Holdsworth, Caravan, Saga, PFM, Anathema, Airbag, and others.

I'm booked Smile
Nrwhmr View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2015 at 04:50
Yes me too! My first CTTE!
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2015 at 07:51
Don't fall off!
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 11:50
Originally posted by Robot78 Robot78 wrote:

Yes, Marillion, Allan Holdsworth, Caravan, Saga, PFM, Anathema, Airbag, and others.

I'm booked Smile

If they take YES out, I might consider it!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 11:52
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I'm booked Smile

No one forces you to go to their shows...!  (Or is there a "Prog Mafia" I don't know about?)
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 12:37
Originally posted by infocat infocat wrote:

I'm booked Smile

No one forces you to go to their shows...!  (Or is there a "Prog Mafia" I don't know about?)

Nahhh ... at this point I would rather see Transatlantic with Jon Anderson, than I would YES with a 2nd rate singer that does not have the inner drive. All the others, I'm OK with.

In fact, if they had the class to do it, they would have invited Transatlantic and Jon to come along! I would be there yesterday!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 12:45
Worst time of year for me to take off work. Disapprove

infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 19:27

I'm booked Smile

Nahhh ... at this point I would rather see Transatlantic with Jon Anderson, than I would YES with a 2nd rate singer that does not have the inner drive. All the others, I'm OK with.

In fact, if they had the class to do it, they would have invited Transatlantic and Jon to come along! I would be there yesterday!
I'm no "modern Yes apologist", but I participated in CTTE 1 in 2013 and was glad to attend both Yes performances.
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 13:51

I'm no "modern Yes apologist", but I participated in CTTE 1 in 2013 and was glad to attend both Yes performances.

No worries.

I saw YES at their best (TFTO at the Long Beach Arena) and I cried at the end of the show because I would never EVER again see another concert that was so well done and beautiful all around. It was a magical evening, for me, and my tastes in music. I knew that after this, the majority of stuff was going to be all hits and songs, and not "music".

That was the end of YES for me, though I did get "Relayer", but when they could not get Vangelis as the keyboard player, the band was over for me.

I just saw them recently near Portland, and my review is in the proper section of this board. and i would not spend $5 bux to see them again! IF it was an hour with Steve and Chris alone and just randomly playing around and experimenting and simply having a jam session, I would be there in 2 seconds ... one to take a pee first! But it is a re-hash session, and it was not good, and I felt that the keyboard player was sleeping through the arrangements having to "sound like" Rick Wakeman ... and take the strength of many a song out.

I do not listen to "old stuff" to go back to my childhood and re-live it. NONE of this music was just a frivolous moment in time, and another lay in college! This was important stuff for me and my upbringing, and what is there now is a very ugly, old, demented and sad ... picture of the past ... complete with outfits and such! Something that was not necessary, and is strictly a part of the "fad" that the whole thing became!

Over and out for ME!

PS: Only 2 other concerts in my life, had musicianship that was above and beyond the point of no return at the TFTO concert for me ... they were "Return to Forever" with Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke and jean Luc Ponty in the fold, and then just recently King Crimson with the 3 drummers. Everything else, including Pink Floyd (except Hollywood Bowl 1972) was just a bunch of songs and hits ... and I'm tired of it!

Edited by moshkito - February 01 2015 at 13:56
www.pedrosena.com
bulldog55 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 22:52
I've booked a cabin for my first CTTE!  I also have a two bedroom condo in Weston, FL (outskirts of Miami) that I am willing to share.  Your accommodations would be a private room with private bath, shared living room and kitchen.  I can refer to resort directory for more info and condo floor plan if interested.  I have the unit from Sunday to Sunday (cruise day).  Will also be attending pre-party and prepping for the cruise at the pool and at the tiki bar!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply