Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReview a bunch of music I created last year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review a bunch of music I created last year
    Posted: January 26 2015 at 02:36
Hi Guys,

It was my birthday a few days ago and I decided to upload whatever I have created (fairly recorded) on soundcloud. It will mean a lot to me to if you guys can give the tracks a listen and maybe review it so that I know where I stand (or not) . Thanks.

I am an independent artist, I just work in my bedroom with a very basic recording setup.

Edited by anuraj_prog - January 26 2015 at 02:38
floflo79 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 03:28
I listened, and it's very cool. Not the best songs ever of course, but it show real talent. My favorite are Undead, Sabie, Disappear, The Result Of A Beautiful Sin, Yonder and Search which is my favorite track. Good job !
anuraj_prog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 03:45
Thanks a lot for giving your time to my music. I am glad you liked the tracks, and I agree that these are not the best songs ever. But am trying hard and hopefully getting better each day. Thanks again \m/
floflo79 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 03:49
That's nothing ! I'm also a composer, and I know how it feels cool when someone listen to your music and give a feedback Wink
Star_Song_Age_Less View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2015 at 00:29
What a nice array of concepts and styles, and a mature sense of composition.  Disappear is really lovely - I greatly enjoyed the guitar solo at the end.  I liked Envy a lot, too.  I'm kind of amazed that you were able to get this level of quality in your bedroom.  These sound much better than my original demos did.

So many songwriters are stuck in a rut where they just write the same songs over and over again.  Not so here.  When I listen to someone's music, that's the first thing I look for that tells me whether I'm going to like it or not in the long run.  Variety keeps it fresh and gives it contrast and texture.

Is this potentially the beginning of an album for you?

Very, very impressed by Sabie.

Edited by Star_Song_Age_Less - February 12 2015 at 00:41
https://www.facebook.com/JamieKernMusic
anuraj_prog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2015 at 02:10
Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. I feel boosted and really inspired to continue the work am doing.

Yes, I have recorded all these in my bedroom. Actually, some of them like 'Sabie', I recorded on a trip, where I just had my office dell laptop with LMMS (an open source DAW) , my 100 dollar acoustic guitar and the laptop's in built mic..so I am really proud of it :)..Thanks for the acknowledgement .\m/

I didn't write these songs for an album. As you can see am a beginner, I just recorded randomly,,whenever and wherever..

But this year, now that I have a much better recording setup. I am determined to finish a concept album by the end of this year.

Thanks a lot again for your review...I really appreciate you giving your time for this \m/

I am not qualified to say this but let me know if I can help you in getting a good sound of your recording setup...

Cheers

Star_Song_Age_Less View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2015 at 02:21
Cool, I look forward to hearing how it progresses.  Please do post if you have any additions!

I gave up on home recording except for demos, I just go to a studio now.  But thank you for your offer. Smile
https://www.facebook.com/JamieKernMusic
 Post Reply Post Reply