Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Summers End XI-  venue and first bands announced
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSummers End XI- venue and first bands announced

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summers End XI- venue and first bands announced
    Posted: February 01 2015 at 12:53

www.summersend.co.uk

Hi All

We are thrilled to announce first details of the eleventh Summers End Festival , which will take place on October 2nd to 4th 2015.

We can announce that all 3 days of the Festival will take place at The Drill Hall, Lower Church Street, Chepstow.  The venue is well located, a short distance from the Town Centre and close to banks of the River Wye, and in "feel" is similar to our old home of Lydney Town Hall, guaranteeing that unique "Summers End" atmosphere.

Weekend tickets will go on sale on Monday February 2nd, alongside Hero and Sponsor tickets as usual. More band  information will be released shortly, but these are the first 5  booked to play:

Pallas , the Scottish legends are returning to live work after a short hiatus to work on their excellent new album Wearewho weare, so we are delighted to welcome them back to the festival after their headline appearance in 2008.  Was it really that long ago?

www.pallasofficial.com

3rdDegree from the USA will be making their first festival appearance outside North America.  Currently completing their fifth album, they are best known for their superb 2012 album The Long Division given rave reviews on both DPRP.net and Progarchives. 
www.thirddegreeonline.com

Introitus from Sweden mix traditional neo-progressive rock with elements of folk and metal in a formula that has produced 3 superb album to date, including last year's Anima.  The band is a family affair, led by keyboardist Mats Bender, his wife vocalist Anna and also includes two of their children!

www.introitus.se

The Gift from London will be continuing their growing reputation as a live band in 2015 following their 2006 debut Awake and Dreaming and last year's long-awaited follow up Land of Shadows , which saw them tour for the first time as a fully fledged 5 piece.

www.facebook.com/TheGiftMusicUk

The Fierce and the Dead, a quartet led by the ubiquitous Matt Stevens, and this year's "curve ball" band, are building a strong reputation for their powerful instrumental music.  Somewhere between Afrobeat and Robert Fripp said Rock-a-rolla magazine.  Who are we to argue?
www.fierceandthedead.com

How to interact with us:

Our facebook page:
www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Summers-End-Progressive-Rock-Festival/356884391002666
Our facebook group:
www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=98170444873
One twitter: www.twitter.com/summersendfest
Or even via the old yahoo group: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/summersendfestival/

www.summersend.co.uk

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 06:16
An interesting looking line up allready, I'll see you at The Drill Hall!Thumbs Up
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 16:54
Wonderful news for our friends of 3RDegree! I knew something like that was in the pipeline, but it is great to see it confirmed.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 17:00
now that is worth a hell yeah...  knock 'em dead guys.. ClapClap

can't wait to hear that new album btw...  btw..  if Robert brings any of his homebrew Cautionary t'Ale with him...  wait.. I suppose that might be illegal (and impractical haha) to transport into the UK. Oh well..  hey support the band.

Great musicians, great guys and a ton of fun to hang out with... and even better beer makers LOL

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
3RDegree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 02:07
Thanks Raff & Micky! We're very excited. More dates to be announced international and domestic.
www.3RDegreeONLINE.com www.facebook.com/3RDegree "Defiling Perfectly Good Songs With Prog Since 1990"
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 05:44
^I look forward to seeing you guys on stage in Chepstow, of all places.Thumbs Up
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 18:40
Originally posted by 3RDegree 3RDegree wrote:

Thanks Raff & Micky! We're very excited. More dates to be announced international and domestic.

our pleasure Robert.  Hope all has been going well with you. I've been on another lengthy FB hiatus, spending the free time here catching up with old friends here that I missed.  Someday I'll learn to be able to multitask.. bah.. I doubt I ever will.

I look forward to catching up with you, George and the rest of the guys when we see you later in the year. Hopefully before Roxy and Dukes this fall LOLWink

congrats again on landing the show,  will you playing any of the new material. Hell.. what is the word on the new album.  Coming out this year?  Yes???AngryLOLClap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
3RDegree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2015 at 03:39
You may not be able to see us at Roxy & Dukes either on the stage OR in the audience as it may end up that we start our tour at Summer's End and stay in Europe for 2+ weeks. We haven't been asked to NJP's Homecoming for 2015 (yet?) but it may not matter as our best "situation" over there will be to hop on as opening act for another "bigger" band's tour. The original plan was to play shows leading up to the festival and come back for Homecoming but we may be in the thick of it that weekend over in Europe.

US/Canada dates should include: NYC, Baltimore, NJ, Boston with possibly Montreal and Chicago added to that. Look for one or two of these to fall before the European tour.

The fall "tour" both foreign and US shows will feature a quartet version of 3RDegree: George Dobbs (vocals, keyboards), Robert James Pashman (bass, keys, backing vocals), Aaron Nobel (Drums) and Bryan Zeigler (guitar, backing vocals). The band roster is at 6 people but who we "field" on stage changes from time to time.

New album? We are tracking just 1 1/2 songs (out of 13) and have to mix 4. We will be at ROSfest with either the new album (CD) or some sort of pre-order "scheme" so that people can buy it, get a teaser CD-R and when it's done we mail it to them. 

Will we play songs from the new album? For sure. Probably half of it. We will also take a look at our older stuff and try to change things up a tiny bit, cut some songs/add others.

We've sent out the info on everything to our mailing list but a more thorough announcement fleshing out more tour dates and album info will come out via 10T Records somewhat soon.

For anyone who wants to "stay in the loop", please join our mailing list.
www.3RDegreeONLINE.com www.facebook.com/3RDegree "Defiling Perfectly Good Songs With Prog Since 1990"
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2015 at 18:51
awesome man!! Hmmm.. hanging out in Europe as an opener for a big name group or pissing around with us at Roxy and Dukes?  hmmm.. hard choice LOL  Knock 'em dead! Show those Euros what we all really know.. the current scene here in the states smokes everyone elses Wink

Well we'll be seeing you at Rosfest btw... and you better bet we'll be at the Baltimore show!Raff just decided this evening that we were going to Rosfest.  I about spit my beer on the screen when she told me that. LOL

I look forward to seeing you again Robert.. whatever you might have for the new album we'll buy!
3RDegree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 03:34
UPDATE: we (well at least me) will attend this year's NJ Proghouse Homecoming but we are not playing. 3RDegree will arrive in NYC from their European tour on Monday, October 5th. Baltimore should happen the week after or two weeks after Homecoming-at least we hope it will.

Edited by 3RDegree - February 22 2015 at 03:35
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 16:23
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply