Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello!! I´m Koroiev

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!! I´m Koroiev
    Posted: February 05 2015 at 19:22
Hello , my name is Roberto . I'm from Galicia, Spain . 
I have several projects of electronic music with a constant ratio between
the studio and live (Koroiev, Korokati, Federico Flesfa, Fagot y Popota)
Perhaps the most are in some border of synthpop , but by one of them
why I 'm here , introducing, also very happy about that. Koroiev!!! Browsing internet I found that Koroiev is in ProgArchives . Wow !!!
thanks to the people who made the collection of information and
listened to the music. Currently , I just self-publish a new / old album " Kostia Bogomov "
This album is the end of an era for me, I have finally found a way to
tell this story !! Now I am laying the foundation of others.
It happens , right? But it's nice when you yourself feel comes forward.

I post here some info, sorry for my english,
Now , I 'm going to take a walk through the forums, Hugs !!

Roberto

"Kostia Bogomov"

In many cultures there is a mythical literary tradition on travel to another world, travel to the afterlife. Much of the traditional Galician culture revolves around the idea of death. In Celtic tradition, Immram (plural Immrama) is the name given to a type of stories that deal with this type of travel, which incidentally is sure to come back. There is a visible Galicia and there is another that is not full of kingdoms, cities, roads, mountains and other places inhabited by beings capable of movement between the two worlds. “Kostya Bogomov” is an album (hopefully it was a guide) on a particular Underworld journey. Track to track we crossed illuminate the steps to reach that dark world. Kostya fleeing a burning city. Spread breathless forests. Along the roads full of trees and shadows will find a number of creatures to guide you into the depths of the night. “Kostia Bogomov” is an album about the unseen and the remote.
The story is not exclusively in the musical landscape, we also hear the voice of Kostia, and sometimes a narrator, who sings his journey through fragments of poems and verses “Longa noite de pedra” the great Galician poet Celso Emilio Ferreiro.

Tracklist:

1. A fronteira da noite
2. O souto do Teixugo
3. O mesmo mundo estaba alá moi lonxe
4. A Pedra do Galo
5. Un barullo de paxaros
6. Camiña a miña noite
7. Kostia Bogomov

Koroiev is a project of musician and educator Robert Casteleiro (1982). It is not easy to frame it within a specific genre, his compositions are characterized by a mixture of orchestral music, folk, ambient, poetry, progressive electronic rock. Acoustic instruments, synth and voice combine to create imaginary landscapes whose most important component is its strong narrative character, which is made explicit in his latest work “Kostia Bogomov”. Through excerpts from “Longa noite de pedra” Celso Emilio Ferreiro, the story of a boy who goes into the forest and meets the night, the nature and the remote is built. This dark and delicate character encounter with the afterlife make the disk and its corresponding direct an unexpected and compelling journey.

Discografía

• “Kostia Bogomov” (2015, autoeditado)
• “Hechos tocantes del joven Kostia Bogomov. Moradores del Otro Mundo” (2012, autoeditado)
• “La Invención del Cosmos” (2010, autoeditado)

Links / contacto:

cior.koroiev@gmail.com

http://koroiev.bandcamp.com

https://soundcloud.com/robertocasteleiro/sets/koroiev-kostia-bogomov-2015

http://vimeo.com/koroiev

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Koroiev/190667074387822

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2015 at 19:56
Hi Roberto, welcome. 
While electronic is not my cup of tea as they say I played the new album a bit.  Enjoyable and interesting narrative and I liked the photos of your art and multimedia on your facebook page. 

I added the new album to your page today, hopefully some of our electronic/ambient aficionados will give it a spin and review.

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2015 at 07:45
Hi Robert

I've been listening to 'Hechos tocantes...' ever since it came out. I don't exactly remember where I stumbled over it, but I loved it from first listen. I still have it on my MP3 player and put it on frequently. One of my most played modern electronic releases hands-down.
One thing though, that album was released as two different versions. The first, which is my absolute favourite, was a little rough but had your vocals sounding like this electronic version of Manu Chao. Then there was a new version, where you seem to have cleaned up the mix. That was a pity in my honest opinion. The first version was so much better and had more 'balls'. The reason I'm mentioning this is because I can't seem to find the old version anywhere over the net. Just so happens to be the one I keep recommending to other people, and it seems as if I'm about the only guy around who has the original mix. 
It would be cool if you made the old mix available again.

(Btw mine takes up a 105 MB - just so you know what I'm talking aboutSmile)

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2015 at 08:33
I'm listening to the last album and it's very interesting and original Thumbs Up Greetings from Portugal Smile
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2015 at 09:19
Just realised this thread is from February and Robert hasn't logged on sinceOuch

I hope he sees this. I feel a little embarrassed that I didn't see this at the time. I've been singing his praises for a long time. 
Samuel, I think you'd like the album I referring to. Has this uncanny Manu Chao feel to it that I really love. The version available now is sadly the newer 'clean' version. It'd be so unbelievably cool if he brings back the old one.

....or else I'll just have a very very very very rare album in my possessionTongue

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply