Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Tea Club Live at the NJ Proghouse 03/22/15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Tea Club Live at the NJ Proghouse 03/22/15
    Posted: February 25 2015 at 22:55
Hello everyone!

My name is Joseph Dorsey, and I am the new keyboard player for The Tea Club. We are playing live for the first time in almost a year at the NJ Proghouse on March 22nd, 2015 with the band No More Pain. We are playing both new and old material: an unreleased song from our upcoming 4th album, more than half of "Quickly Quickly Quickly" and tunes from both "Rabbit" and "General Winter's Secret Museum". This show will also feature our new drummer Dan Monda (fun fact: Dan Monda and Tom Monda from Thank You Scientist are brothers!) I hope I see you there!!

Here is the link for the event: http://www.njproghouse.com/2015/02/14/the-tea-club-no-more-pain-march-22-2015/

The Tea Club @ Progarchives

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 05:38
If you are in the area, make sure you don't miss this! The Tea Club are one of the best modern bands in the business, and their live shows are exhilarating. Now, about that new albumWink...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 17:17
Originally posted by pianoman pianoman wrote:

Hello everyone!

My name is Joseph Dorsey, and I am the new keyboard player for The Tea Club. We are playing live for the first time in almost a year at the NJ Proghouse on March 22nd, 2015 with the band No More Pain. We are playing both new and old material: an unreleased song from our upcoming 4th album, more than half of "Quickly Quickly Quickly" and tunes from both "Rabbit" and "General Winter's Secret Museum". This show will also feature our new drummer Dan Monda (fun fact: Dan Monda and Tom Monda from Thank You Scientist are brothers!) I hope I see you there!!

Here is the link for the event: http://www.njproghouse.com/2015/02/14/the-tea-club-no-more-pain-march-22-2015/

The Tea Club @ Progarchives

way cool man.  Give my best to all the guys!  I wish we could make it up for that one. Just kick some asses and take some names and get yourselves picked up by Progday or even the Orion and we'll definitely be there. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 17:36
Wish I could be there.  Eagerly awaiting the fourth album.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 17:41
Yea these guys are great. If you ever come to St.Petersburg or Tampa down in Florida i'd catch you guys Quickly, Quickly, Quickly. 

Tongue
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 17:44
^ hah...  do you guys get any good prog shows in the deep south. You two need to get up to Prog Day in Chapel Hill I think that is as far south as the Jersey bands dare to go LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 17:54
Yea sure.

I'm seeing Swans in April. Have seen Swilson and PT. I've seen Russian Circles, Chelsea Wolfe, Caspian, Yes, Sigur Ros, 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 17:57
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Yea sure.

I'm seeing Swans in April. Have seen Swilson and PT. I've seen Russian Circles, Chelsea Wolfe, Caspian, Yes, Sigur Ros, 

Thumbs Up
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2015 at 18:08
Don't get me started on how many people stop at Atlanta though :c
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 05:39
Hey at least some do stop here. Big smile
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 11:56
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Hey at least some do stop here. Big smile

does anyone show up though to watch them  LOL 

Edited by micky - February 27 2015 at 11:57
pianoman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 01:26
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

^ hah...  do you guys get any good prog shows in the deep south. You two need to get up to Prog Day in Chapel Hill I think that is as far south as the Jersey bands dare to go LOL

Jersey bands will go anywhere if they're desperate enough! We're thinking about doing a 'northern' north american tour (Pittsburg, Chicago, Fargo, Seattle etc.) route coming up, but we're not sure yet. A tour of the south is definitely coming as well (maybe during the colder months). Who knows.

All I know is that we're sounding better than ever, and I can't wait to perform for the Tea Club fans. Mickey and Raff, thanks for the comments. It was a great time hanging out at the Orion show. I hope to see you two soon!

Edited by pianoman - February 28 2015 at 01:34
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 07:15
Originally posted by pianoman pianoman wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Jersey bands will go anywhere if they're desperate enough! We're thinking about doing a 'northern' north american tour (Pittsburg, Chicago, Fargo, Seattle etc.) route coming up, but we're not sure yet. A tour of the south is definitely coming as well (maybe during the colder months). Who knows.

All I know is that we're sounding better than ever, and I can't wait to perform for the Tea Club fans. Mickey and Raff, thanks for the comments. It was a great time hanging out at the Orion show. I hope to see you two soon!

awesome!  I'm sure you and guys know you have a lot of fans out there. I'm sure the frozen north and my beloved Portland-Seattle area would eat you guys alive. 

It was our pleasure to meet you Joe.  Next seeing to Alec Redfearn and the Eyesores for the first time, chatting with you with the highlight of the day at the Orion. You got on with damn good group, one with Frippian levels of perfectionism, and some of the nicest people I've met in the McGowan brothers. That says alot about you IMO. I look forward to hearing to what you bring the group. We'll be seeing you soon I'm sure. Clap
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 08:09
I wanna say this show was absolutely amazing!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply