Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New album The Fossil Lights by Prisms & Portals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew album The Fossil Lights by Prisms & Portals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New album The Fossil Lights by Prisms & Portals
    Posted: March 02 2015 at 09:53
Hello all,

My latest album 'The Fossil Lights' that was just released recently. Very atmospheric, experimental rock. It's available as a free (pay what you want) download at prismsandportals.bandcamp.com. Physical copies are available as well. Please give it a listen.

Cheers!
Prisms & Portals

-----

"Intercept Linear 7" is an electronic epic that combines hypnotic atmospheric development with a colorful variety of glitch-pop and industrial-fused heavy drones. The vocals are distant in the production, similar to the works of A Perfect Circle and Nine Inch Nails and aptly so, considering this track's stylistic direction. Tracks in the avant-garde electronica vein can easily veer off course due to sheer complexity and scope, but "Intercept Linear 7" starts fresh and maintains this level of innovation throughout. The drums really start to shine around the 02:20 mark, when their vibrancy and complexity aligns beautifully with the synth warbles and flutters. The ominous backing vocals during this section are also phenomenally done. The vocals, although lyrically incomprehensible, act as a hypnotic instrument on their own throughout -- casting a caressing power upon the invigorating instrumentation. "Intercept Linear 7" shows Prisms & Portals as a band supremely capable of crafting electronic epics that fuse together a variety of lovable influences, from Tool to Aphex Twin. Fans of those groups and beyond will surely appreciate this. —Mike Mineo, Editor of Obscure Sound

Edited by level5 - July 08 2015 at 13:43
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2015 at 20:47
PP, not the kind of music I listen to much but very well done.  No shortage of good development and performance that takes the mind many directions.  Enjoyed it.  Thanks for sharing at PA.

level5 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 13:44
Thanks for listening Finnforest! It's much appreciated.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 21:54
Thumbs Up  Most welcome

OdeToTheMothership View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2015 at 11:54
Most excellent! I love the movement from crystal-clear diamond guitars to mega-grimy tsunami guitars!

King Crimson, Sunn O))), Mogwai - reminds me of lots of things I dig.
level5 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2015 at 21:31
Thanks OdeToTheMothership! I greatly appreciate you giving the album a listen and even more so that you enjoyed it. Those are all great bands too. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply