Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Slaughterhouse (The Noise/Industrial thread)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Slaughterhouse (The Noise/Industrial thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 08:45
It does have this neon-lit cyberpunk future feel to it, though. Maybe it's the kind of rock music that people living in that kind of society would listen to, at least the "weird kids".
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 02:45
So this has taken me a long time to think about... It does sound like some kind of more neutral punk with more advanced technology, so maybe it will be better excepted in a colder post-modern society.
Anyhow, did you hear Dead C?
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 02:58
i recomend Vaiping art industrial rock
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 10:40
The Dead C give me a strong The Birthday Party vibe in the abrasive and kinda post-apocalyptic expression their entire stlye has, but with a Kosmische Musik expansiveness in the scope of their music and how they build up their "soundscapes". I haven't listened to them that much, but that's what I get from the songs I have heard.
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2015 at 16:31
Y'all noiseacs/noiseniks/nosey non-noisers oughta hear this thing I heard, collage noise would be an apt description but it does get intense:
(this video isn't on the right volume though, you might wanna turn it up)
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2015 at 16:31
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

i recomend Vaiping art industrial rock
I forgot to say I listened to this and was pleasantly surprised and might just listen again later on
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2016 at 18:21
                           THE RESURRECTION!!!!!!!

Does anyone else here like Power Electronics/Death Industrial? 

A brief definition/history.

PE is an offshoot of the Industrial scene of the late 70's and early 80's, PE can be defined as generally featuring either harsh shrieking feedback, walls of impenetrable or static noise, or a pulsating, throbbing repetitive synth, set to screamed vocals (or just simply screams), and sometimes spoken word or something pilfered from tv or radio. Lyrics are almost always designed to be as shocking as they can be humanly made; racism, misogyny, and any form of depravity is explored, all the way down to the liner notes and artwork, though I would say nearly every band explores these subjects in a tongue in cheek way, being so over the top that it's impossible to take seriously. Death Industrial is essentially the same except generally quieter (which is relative) and less noise inspired, instead being more inspired musically by dark ambient and drone. It's hard to put many groups into one or the other, as they often flip between the two even on a single album.

The term Power Electronics was first used by Whitehouse on the album Psychopathia Sexualis, and they are credited with being the first PE band. Along with Whitehouse, other notable PE bands include Sutcliffe Jugend, Mauthausen Orchestra, Prurient, Con-Dom, Deathpile, The Grey Wolves and Bizarre Uproar.

Artists often considered Death Industrial include Genocide Organ, Brighter Death Now (either could be considered the first DI act imho), Atrax Morgue, and IRM.

Edited by Sheavy - March 13 2016 at 18:23
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2016 at 18:53
I listen to a little PE, just like my gym teacher always wanted me to.

Love me some Ramleh, which stretched, contorted, and went beyond PE, plus Whitehouse, Prurient, Pharmakon, and a little Sutcliffe Jugend.

But mainly I want to talk about Ramleh.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 17:19
Originally posted by LearsFool LearsFool wrote:

Love me some Ramleh, which stretched, contorted, and went beyond PE, plus Whitehouse, Prurient, Pharmakon, and a little Sutcliffe Jugend.

Yeah, but out of all they have done, the noise rock/grunge stuff, the psychedelic improvised stuff, I much prefer the Noise/Power Electronic of their early 80's output. I wish their was more of their PE stuff readily available, I've only got Valediction, We Created It Vol III, and Hole In The Heart. I really want to get the other volumes of the We Created It series. The Awake! 8 CD re-release would be awesome to have, but that's way out of my price range...

Edited by Sheavy - March 14 2016 at 17:20
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 17:45
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

Originally posted by LearsFool LearsFool wrote:

Yeah, but out of all they have done, the noise rock/grunge stuff, the psychedelic improvised stuff, I much prefer the Noise/Power Electronic of their early 80's output. I wish their was more of their PE stuff readily available, I've only got Valediction, We Created It Vol III, and Hole In The Heart. I really want to get the other volumes of the We Created It series. The Awake! 8 CD re-release would be awesome to have, but that's way out of my price range...

I myself prefer the '80's era material. Hole In The Heart is of course king, I also really like the noisy 31/5/62/82 and the desolate A Return To Slavery. Still, though, Be Careful What You Wish For is excellent itself, I think it's neat to have noise rock that is flanked by plenty of, y'know, harsh noise.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2016 at 14:42
Do you have a physical copy of the 31/5/1962 - 1982 cassette
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2016 at 14:56
I'm glad that there's a thread about those genres here! Because when I'm on air and I transmit noise or musique concrete etc., they don't really like it! That's why I have few listeners! Even the co-producers don't like it! Though, it's a bit extreme to transmit Daniel Menche/Zbigniew Karkowski (an example) on a web prog radio station! :pp A co-producer was in shock! At first, he thought the player was broken! Tongue

Edited by Prog Geo - March 19 2016 at 14:57
Sonorous Meal show every Sunday at 20:00 (greek time) on http://www.justincaseradio.com
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 23:19
I need some recs. Lowercase, EAI, and Onkyo. Ambient influences welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123