Topic ClosedBehringer Bass V-Amp Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro
    Posted: April 15 2015 at 08:20
Bit of a long shot but does anyone here have any experience of these units, particularly connecting them to a PC?
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2015 at 09:39
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Bit of a long shot but does anyone here have any experience of these units, particularly connecting them to a PC?

PDF version of the owner's manual. Page 16 using the MIDI/Out:

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2015 at 09:46
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

PDF version of the owner's manual. Page 16 using the MIDI/Out:

Yeah thanks for that but I've already got the manual. The issue I have is that I've run the Vamp software on both a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows 8.1 PC and it won't recognise the V-Amp itself (i.e. it says there are no MIDI devices connected). I've got it in MIDI out mode.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2015 at 10:09

I don't have a Behringer, and it sounds like one of those things where I'd have to be staring at your equipment to figure it out. Are you using a MIDI foot controller as an interface?

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2015 at 10:24

I don't have a Behringer, and it sounds like one of those things where I'd have to be staring at your equipment to figure it out. Are you using a MIDI foot controller as an interface?

No, I have a MIDI to USB converter cable which is going from the MIDI sockets on the back of the Behringer to a USB socket on the laptop/PC. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2015 at 10:41
Just noticed the in/out lights on the cable flash when I click on "retry" on the software (which is supposed to scan for MIDI devices) which suggests there is some kind of connection there. It may a cable issue as someone else reported on Amazon that they got it to work on XP but not Windows 7, although the product description says it works on 7.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2015 at 10:51

No, I have a MIDI to USB converter cable which is going from the MIDI sockets on the back of the Behringer to a USB socket on the laptop/PC. 
I did some checking around -- ROFL lot of dissatisfied customers! Anyway, there are a couple avenues to go: go to talkbass.com, or the Behringer site and onto their forums (it could be some stupid Ethernet problem), or you could have crappy cables, or call 1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK).

Just noticed the in/out lights on the cable flash when I click on "retry" on the software (which is supposed to scan for MIDI devices) which suggests there is some kind of connection there. It may a cable issue as someone else reported on Amazon that they got it to work on XP but not Windows 7, although the product description says it works on 7.

Yeah, cables perhaps. I'd call them rather than spending hours dicking around with it. In the reference material it is supposed to work with Windows 7 but says nothing about Windows 8, so I'm assuming that's a no go.

P.S. One of the major complaints is that the manual is worthless, so you have that going for you! Wink

Edited by The Dark Elf - April 15 2015 at 10:55
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2015 at 11:22
Cheers for your help. I've contacted Behringer support, let's see what they come up with.

Yes, I've noticed lots of complaints about the manual and it is fairly bad. It tells you the unit does things, then doesn't tell you how. It appears to have been (badly) translated from German (it has lots of unds that should be ands)
 Post Reply Post Reply