Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrian Burman (Switzerland) for JR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brian Burman (Switzerland) for JR
    Posted: May 30 2015 at 00:18
Brian Burman is an artist from Zurich, where he moved from San Francisco. Burman is in entertainment industry for 20 years as a composer of film & theatre music, a film director and the film editor.
In May 2015, with his full-lenght album "Barriers" [the title track is especially amazing to me!] he did a great tribute to the fusion and prog bands who were influenced his work. At "Barriers", Brain Burman is a composer and keyboards & percussion player. Other personnal is:

Manoel Marcia (guitar and guitar arrangements)
Guy Segers (bass)
Beat Escher (violin)
Valeria Burman (flute)
Joseph Palermo (drums)
Singha Dee (drums)
Kimara Sajn (drums)

i suggested Brian Burman for PA' JR/F section because "Barriers" is a well executed progressive fusion album.

Important links:

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2016 at 22:41
Missed suggestion from way back when. Seems like this is just a 'one-off' side project to me, though I believe some of the music here would almost certainly fit the sub. Facebook link on bandcamp is to his personal account, not a band/artist page - and he's not on RYM either. His other albums on bandcamp are film/theatre music, and not really appropriate for this site. Let's see if the JR/F team spot it this time round, and a more informed judgement can be made. Embarrassed
Komandant Shamal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2016 at 21:52
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Seems like this is just a 'one-off' side project to me,
yes, i'v been thinking about that before i suggested Brian Burman.
and, as his other music is real 'applicated art' did by an professional musician who do that for living and because his progressive fusion album is quite amazing, i decided to suggest him. i mean, if i suggest a supposed young artist who is working as eg. pizza delivery boy for living but released a quite nice prog debut, then an artist who, over the years, earns money for living from composing for theatres, movies and so on, also have to have the same chance with his five-stars progressive fusion album as well. 
yes, i know for that "problem" that the whole discography must be added to the databaseConfused
well, it's on the team now to decide.

Edited by Komandant Shamal - January 06 2016 at 21:56
RoyalJelly View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2016 at 05:26
Thank you all, I appreciate the support. I do plan to do another album of this kind in the future. I am not a touring band, but I do record with musicians from other touring bands, such as Thinking Plague, DeeDayDub and Present/Univers Zero. I am also planning an album of modern classical chamber music. And there are "progressive" moments to be found in much of my film soundtrack work as well, especially "The Dada Principle" (a documentary on 100 year anniversary of the Dada movement produced by SRF Swiss Television).
RoyalJelly
 Post Reply Post Reply