Topic ClosedKinetic Element Returns with Travelog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinetic Element Returns with Travelog
    Posted: May 31 2015 at 13:30

Kinetic Element Returns with Highly Anticipated Sophomore Release

On June 1, 2015 Kinetic Element will release “Travelog,” the band’s first album of new material since the release of the critically acclaimed album “Powered by Light”.

Kinetic Element is a neo-symphonic progressive rock band from Richmond, Virginia that is influenced by the musical roots of classic artists such as Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Yes, Asia and Genesis and blends those influences with philosophical and spiritually powerful and uplifting lyrics. Kinetic Element was formed as a platform to perform the music of keyboardist Mike Visaggio’s solo album, “Starship Universe” which was released in 2006 after Mike was selected to perform at the 2006 Pop Montreal festival. Their second album “Powered By Light,” was nominated for Best Debut album of 2009 by “The Prog Awards,” which was at that time an Italian reviews website.

Travelog is an opulent collection of ear-candy which will certainly ignite your senses. Everything from the beautiful acoustic guitar passages, to the majestic keyboards, baselines worthy of any late-night jazz club and vocals filled with social commentary. One moment your marching into war and the next seated in a cathedral, all swept along by beautiful percussive elements. Travelog is cohesive and beautifully set before you as though you were at the finest feast fit for king and court.

Travelog contains 74 minutes of music within 5 tracks. 1) War Song 2) Travelog 3) Into The Lair 4) Her 5) Vision

Recorded at “The Garage” Richmond, VA
Recording Engineer, Michael Murray
Mixed and Mastered at Sound Resources, Chattanooga TN
Mixing and Mastering Engineers, Fred Schendel and Steve Babb
Layout and Graphics, Man In The Mountain

Kinetic Element is…
Mike Visaggio: Keyboards & Vocals
Michael Murray: Drums & Vocals
Todd Russell:  Guitars
Mark Tupko: Bass

Guest Appearances by…
Demitrius LaFavors (Odin’s Court) Vocals on War Song, Travelog and Vision
Michelle Schrotz (Brave) Vocals on Into The Lair
Mike Florio (Solo Artist) Vocals on Her

Official Website
Facebook
Twitter
Power of Prog

(Listen Here)

"Music You Didn't Know You Would Love" © 20004/2024
miketheorganist View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 16:56
If any of you  guys have heard or bought the CD you can go here to review it.
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=49604

A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
miketheorganist View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 19:14
While I'm at it ... Kinetic Element will be featured on www.houseofprog.com with host Marty Dorfman this Friday night June 26. This will be a couple of hours at least, playing the CD in its entirety and interviewing the band in between songs. If you guys have not had a chance to get to know us this is a nice way to do it. Looks like at least me and Todd will be interviewed, and I'm trying to corral the rest of the band. See the Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/1573371762883413/ You might have gotten an invite on Facebook from old Mikey. But they stopped me from inviting all 2500+ of my friends, so I am posting an invitation to you all right here. This should be fun. You know Marty is a real cut-up and we are flattered he's doing this with us because he doesn't play bad music on his show. So tune in, join the chat, and turn it up!
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
 Post Reply Post Reply