Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAllan Holdsworth's new music after 15 years!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allan Holdsworth's new music after 15 years!
    Posted: August 10 2015 at 08:15
Dear Friends in Music,

Allan Holdsworth has some new recorded music, the first in a decade and a half. I wish the happiest of birthdays to one of my favorite musicians of all time…one with whom I have had the privilege to work with since 2002 starting with the Soft Works and then directly with his solo career since the late 2005. Just to clarify once again, the "Tales from the Vault" PledgeMusic Campaign enables Allan to release single tracks over the next several months. There is no CD or LP release planned for this year. Tracks will be released as single tracks as Allan finishes them. “Earth” is the first of several tracks to be released from the Master’s vault of music composed and recorded over the last 10 years. 
Here is the message from the man himself.

Dear All,

Well you will be happy to know we're done! So you should be able to download the first track for which You have generously pledged, next week. I really hope you like the music. The first track is "Earth" as has been announced via social media. It was written by Virgil Donati and besides Virgil on drums features Jimmy Johnson on bass as well. There will be two versions, one with and one without guitar solos. I think the solo-less version stands on its own. I hope that you will find it interesting as its own complete track. Thank you so much for hanging in there. Your support has been so inspiring to me and means a lot to me and all of us working on this project. I am forever grateful and sorry for delay. More music to come soon!!

Best wishes, 
Allan

PS: Information regarding the specifics of the downloads will come from Leonardo Pavkovic (my manager and exclusive booking representative) and John McCracken (project management).

Downloads of files in multiple formats will be sent ONLY to those who pledged.
1) HD WAV 96khz/24 bit non-compressed (for audiofiles)
2) WAV 44.1kHz/16 bit (cd red book format)
3) MP3-320kb (compressed files converted for those unable to play HD files on any of their devices)

For those still interested in Pledging, plase go to: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/allanholdsworth

Allan's recordings are not available anywhere other than through PledgeMusic. There will be not be any CD or LP released this year.

Yours Truly
Leonardo 'Nardini" MoonJune'

Edited by Svetonio - August 10 2015 at 08:38
 Post Reply Post Reply