Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat do you think of Ozzy Osbourne?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 13:14
I loved Sabbath, and still do, although that applies as much to Dio era as Ozzy. They were a trail blazing band, whose time is, of course, well and truly over creatively.

I loathed that reality show, which was driven by the missus anyway.

As for him personally, I don't know him, so cannot comment, but I will say that he was a working class Birmingham boy, who spent a bit of time in trouble with the law, who, with his band mates, came across untold wealth and temptation. The life of a working class boy back then was hard, so it is hardly surprising he went off the rails a bit. I have never read anything suggesting that he was a b*****d on top of this.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 19:18
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I saw Ozzy support Sabbath at Ozzfest Milton Keynes back in 1998 and have to admit I preferred his solo set over the Sabbath headline set - his solo band was tighter and simply played better than Sabbath (Wylde was simply astounding). Having said that, Soulfly, Panteater and Fear Factory were my favourite acts on the day and Sabbath were a plodding anticlimax by comparison. 

Reminds me of the classic Van Halen/Sabbath legend about the Sabs being "blown off the stage" by a young VH on the '78 tour.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12