Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat political ideology are you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: What political ideology are you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [19.35%]
2 [6.45%]
7 [22.58%]
1 [3.23%]
4 [12.90%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.45%]
3 [9.68%]
5 [16.13%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.23%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 08:11
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

I also like chocolate cake and grazing in the yard for dog poop.

How do you tell the two apart?

One tastes better than the other. Chocolate cake doesn't last very long in the yard either.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 08:25

One tastes better than the other. Chocolate cake doesn't last very long in the yard either.
I'd consider consulting at least two of the other four senses before relying on taste... then a dog that can fool sight and smell could probably be a finalist on America's Got Talent.
What?
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 11:38
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I'd consider consulting at least two of the other four senses before relying on taste... then a dog that can fool sight and smell could probably be a finalist on America's Got Talent.

That's an astute observation. I'm from the old school where we just put things in our mouths and hope for the best. Sometimes I listen for chocolate cake, but that doesn't seem to work as well it used to, especially since most things I eat from the yard don't taste like chocolate cake.
----------
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 12:00

That's an astute observation. I'm from the old school where we just put things in our mouths and hope for the best. Sometimes I listen for chocolate cake, but that doesn't seem to work as well it used to, especially since most things I eat from the yard don't taste like chocolate cake.
Perhaps you should put some thought into making chocolate cake that doesn't sound like dog poop. 

However, there is an easier solution that will solve your problem, and that is white dog poop.(Okay, you may have to avoid white chocolate cake, but that's no hardship, white chocolate is pretty disgusting at best). You don't see white dog poop any more but 30 to 40 years ago it was quite common. So if you can remember seeing white dog poop on the sidewalk then that's a good indication that you are old. When I was at school in the 60s it was commonly accepted that white dog poop was produced by poodles, but poodles still exist yet white dog poop is a thing of the past. The colour of poop is determined by what ever has been eaten by the pooch and white dog poop is an indication of a high calcium diet, derived from eating bones. Now this isn't entirely fool proof (because there are some pretty resourceful fools out there), the poop as it exits the rear of the dawg is not white, it's standard dog poop colour and thus could st6ill be confused with chocolate cake, the whiteness is a result of the poop aging in the sun and rain as the soluble components of the poop leach out leaving the calcium of the undigested bone behind. So you have to wait a few days before not eating it.

Edited by Dean - September 08 2015 at 12:01
What?
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2015 at 07:35

Perhaps you should put some thought into making chocolate cake that doesn't sound like dog poop. 

However, there is an easier solution that will solve your problem, and that is white dog poop.(Okay, you may have to avoid white chocolate cake, but that's no hardship, white chocolate is pretty disgusting at best). You don't see white dog poop any more but 30 to 40 years ago it was quite common. So if you can remember seeing white dog poop on the sidewalk then that's a good indication that you are old. When I was at school in the 60s it was commonly accepted that white dog poop was produced by poodles, but poodles still exist yet white dog poop is a thing of the past. The colour of poop is determined by what ever has been eaten by the pooch and white dog poop is an indication of a high calcium diet, derived from eating bones. Now this isn't entirely fool proof (because there are some pretty resourceful fools out there), the poop as it exits the rear of the dawg is not white, it's standard dog poop colour and thus could st6ill be confused with chocolate cake, the whiteness is a result of the poop aging in the sun and rain as the soluble components of the poop leach out leaving the calcium of the undigested bone behind. So you have to wait a few days before not eating it.

Thank you. That's a particularly interesting solution. I just need to reschedule my yard grazing and make sure my chocolate cake doesn't eat bones. I'm familiar with white dog poop and remember a yard full of it back in the 1970s when I was smaller than I am now. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a thing of the past, though it is considerably rare these days. I see evidence in my own poop in the yard after I've had a meal of bones a few days before.

One thing white dog poop was notorious for was that it was regularly mistaken for graffiti, something my father always punished us for when we left scrapings off our shoes all over the side of the house. We eventually learned and just left it on our shoes when we came into the house. Dad thought we were just gassy, Mom never noticed.
----------
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2015 at 22:02
Disparate Times View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2015 at 16:57

However, there is an easier solution that will solve your problem, and that is white dog poop.(Okay, you may have to avoid white chocolate cake, but that's no hardship, white chocolate is pretty disgusting at best). <span style="line-height: 1.4;">You don't see white dog poop any more but 30 to 40 years ago it was quite common. So if you can remember seeing white dog poop on the sidewalk then that's a good indication that you are old. When I was at school in the 60s it was commonly accepted that white dog poop was produced by poodles, but poodles still exist yet white dog poop is a thing of the past. The colour of poop is determined by what ever has been eaten by the pooch and white dog poop is an indication of a high calcium diet, derived from eating bones. Now this isn't entirely fool proof (because there are some pretty resourceful fools out there), the poop as it exits the rear of the dawg is not white, it's standard dog poop colour and thus could st6ill be confused with chocolate cake, the whiteness is a result of the poop aging in the sun and rain as the soluble components of the poop leach out leaving the calcium of the undigested bone behind. So you have to wait a few days before not eating it.</span>

Thank you. That's a particularly interesting solution. I just need to reschedule my yard grazing and make sure my chocolate cake doesn't eat bones. I'm familiar with white dog poop and remember a yard full of it back in the 1970s when I was smaller than I am now. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a thing of the past, though it is considerably rare these days. I see evidence in my own poop in the yard after I've had a meal of bones a few days before.

One thing white dog poop was notorious for was that it was regularly mistaken for graffiti, something my father always punished us for when we left scrapings off our shoes all over the side of the house. We eventually learned and just left it on our shoes when we came into the house. Dad thought we were just gassy, Mom never noticed.

Overwhelmingly left wing crowd here, I would have never guessed
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2015 at 17:35
^ Yes, we are.

Myself:

Economic Left/Right: -7.25 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 11:08
How have I missed this poll? 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 13:22
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

How have I missed this poll? 

I'm asking that myself. Anyway, here's my results:

Economic Left/Right: -2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64

not as left-wing as the others on here...oh god...

still voted for "Centrist/Liberal" regardless

Edited by Michael678 - January 16 2016 at 13:25
Progrockdude
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 13:32
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Political compass is not very good.  Look at how out of whack this is, for instance.  It should also be 3-4 scales, 2 is not enough and doesn't account for nationalism vs globalism or degrees of political freedom.

looks a lot more like NOW than 2012, especially with what's going on.
Progrockdude
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 20:47
Anarcho-capitalist libertarian that dabbles in pure anarchy

Edited by manofmystery - January 16 2016 at 20:48

Time always wins.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 21:16
Potentium
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2016 at 00:15
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

This one is slightly better, though a couple of the questions are pretty idiotic ("Tighter regulation would have prevented the collapse of the lending industry" and "Unions were indispensible for the establishment of the middle class" are both factual statements, not political positions)

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

They add a few more degrees of analysis.  Here's my results:
Left: 0.17, Authoritarian: 1.6 (0 is center)
Foreign Policy: -1.89
Culture: 5.38

http://i.imgur.com/1twHZtd.png
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234