Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA video thank you for reviewer Mellotron Storm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 14:27
Originally posted by waterinsilence waterinsilence wrote:

Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

Great job interacting with the reviewers here, Olivia. It makes me happy knowing that some our opinions do indeed reach the artists and actually create some form of credibility sometimes. Wink

aglasshouse :), I believe the reviews on Progarchives are very important to artists. You are the dedicated progressive rock listeners, who would know more about this genre of music but everyone here?...  who come together in the forums to discuss for years.

I suppose and from my experience an artist may feel intimidated to say thank you

First, because it may seem like self-promotion
Second, musicians express more in music than words and are a super sensitive bunch that even one word can shatter LOL

LOL Yes that's very true. Many musicians are annoyingly sensitive because they, like poets, don't use the same form of universal language (instead you create your own) and would find an experience such as conversing with critics a bit jarring.
 I am very impressed with your willingness to reach out to someone who criticizes your music and thank them first hand in their natural habitat. It really does speak for your personality and I commend your awesome nature. I wish you luck for the future of your career.
http://fryingpanmedia.com
waterinsilence View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 17:58
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

LOL Yes that's very true. Many musicians are annoyingly sensitive because they, like poets, don't use the same form of universal language (instead you create your own) and would find an experience such as conversing with critics a bit jarring.
 I am very impressed with your willingness to reach out to someone who criticizes your music and thank them first hand in their natural habitat. It really does speak for your personality and I commend your awesome nature. I wish you luck for the future of your career.

Embarrassed  ..I've would have never expected to have such nice conversation from posting a simple video... thank you for your kind words
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 18:08
simple video... hah!

Not in 11 years here have I seen anything like that... but could show you a PM box full of death threats, hexes and curses hurled at me.

Edited by micky - September 22 2015 at 18:09
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12