FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcreepy and scary love songs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: creepy and scary love songs
    Posted: November 12 2015 at 02:45
Can someone list some of the creepiest and scariest non prog songs that are really haunting sorta like "I only have eyes for you" by the Flamingos?

It can range from any genre excluding prog from every era ranging from the 50s to the present.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 12:45
Originally posted by freudiana freudiana wrote:

Can someone list some of the creepiest and scariest non prog songs that are really haunting sorta like "I only have eyes for you" by the Flamingos?

It can range from any genre excluding prog from every era ranging from the 50s to the present.

I have no idea why that song by the Flamingos is supposed to be creepy. but i definitely could think of a creepy song with that title, especially if accompanied by a video in which a person is given lots of eyes

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 13:46
I always found the Cars' "Drive" really creepy.  It's obvious the singer is upset because his girlfriend doesn't need him enough, and he's trying to convince her that no one but him will ever put up with her.

Ewwwww.
freudiana View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 14:46
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I have no idea why that song by the Flamingos is supposed to be creepy. but i definitely could think of a creepy song with that title, especially if accompanied by a video in which a person is given lots of eyes

It's not the title that is creepy or the lyrics. It's the way that the music is played and sung. Have you ever noticed that song has appeared in many horror movies, horror video games, and TV shows based off of ghosts? That's why I find it creepy and I am looking for music similar to that.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 14:56

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

It's not the title that is creepy or the lyrics. It's the way that the music is played and sung. Have you ever noticed that song has appeared in many horror movies, horror video games, and TV shows based off of ghosts? That's why I find it creepy and I am looking for music similar to that.

just my point. the song is not creepy at all; it is absolutely innocent. which is exactly why it is used in horror movies. people listening to this innocent song having no idea that the alien, monster, mad killer or whatever is lurking near. it is used because of this contrast

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
RayRo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 15:04
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 05:05
A good chunk of PJ Harvey's early discography is taken up by these, though there's quite a bit of humour (if very dark) in her lyrics that many people don't notice.

Edited by Toaster Mantis - November 17 2015 at 05:11
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
 Post Reply Post Reply