Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAppleSmellColour (Spain) for "Crossover"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: AppleSmellColour (Spain) for "Crossover"
    Posted: December 22 2015 at 09:42
AppleSmellColour is a Progressive and Symphonic Rock band founded in Tarragona in 2012. The name of the band is inspired by a poem written by the catalan poet Gabriel Ferrater.

"Without yearning,
the light is dying on us
that was honey-colored, and that now
has the apple smell colour"

The band is composed of Lluís Barceló (guitar), Ŕngel Arroyo 'Loti' (bass), Marc Claramunt (drums), Pep Espasa (guitar, saxophone and flute), Mo Espasa (keyboard) and Uri Mas (vocals and guitar). After three years of composing, we have recorded our first album: Unscrupulousness.

Unscrupulousness is a conceptual album which addresses the lack of scruples in its broadest sense: the origins and the development of the universe, the evolution of life on Earth, the massive exploitation of natural resources, current social conflicts and the class struggle in pursuit of a new social paradigm, the emotions and contradictions arising from falling in love and love relationships, the contemplation and the relentless passage of time and finally, the inevitable death which leads us to a universe not governed by scruples or human morality.

You can listen to the full albun at https://applesmellcolour.bandcamp.com/ and follow us at https://www.facebook.com/AppleSmellColour or https://twitter.com/applesmellc

Hope you like pur music!

Edited by AppleSmellColour - December 29 2015 at 11:07
Prog Rock band. Our 1st album, "Unscrupulousness", is a journey through the lack of scruples from varying points of view: universe and nature, love and madness, economics and society, time and death.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2015 at 13:25
Hi Uri, and welcome to Progarchives! Hug Your music certainly belongs on the site - to these ears at least - but it will be easier for the evaluation teams to spot the suggestion and act upon it if you specify a sub genre in your topic title. I have added your band and album to progfreak.com - a site that some of the teams use to track their evaluations (ie the votes that are cast by the various team members): http://progfreak.com/AppleSmellColour-165231.html. Teams such as Crossover Prog, Heavy Prog and Neo Prog use this site, but not others such as Eclectic Prog, Jazz Rock/Fusion or Symphonic Prog.

Edit: Actually you had already been suggested back on 4th December...And that thread was missed by the evaluation teams too, despite having two sub genres suggested in the topic title: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=105073LOL

Hopefully one or other of the two threads will eventually get spotted and carried forward! Embarrassed

Admins...Wanna merge them into one (and also perhaps alert the Crossover team)? Ermm

Edited by yam yam - December 27 2015 at 19:00
AppleSmellColour View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 11:08
Hi! Sorry, I'm new on this forum, I don't know that we've to propose some sub-genre. I'll keep your advise and try to add our band to "Crossover" genre. I think this less-categorical genre can fit us :)

Is that ok now?

Thank you very much!

URI
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 14:28
Excellent! Now we just need to wait for someone from the Crossover team to spot either of the two threads and add you to their evaluation charts on progfreak (see my previous post for the link - there will be a 'PA' tab alongside the 'Overview' and 'Discography' tabs when this happens, which will take you to the evaluation chart if you click on it).

You should get approved without much trouble imho. Thumbs Up
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 14:46
Nice! Thank you!
Prog Rock band. Our 1st album, "Unscrupulousness", is a journey through the lack of scruples from varying points of view: universe and nature, love and madness, economics and society, time and death.
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 15:53
Welcome, Uri.

I've added you for evaluation by the Crossover team.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2015 at 16:21
Thank you very much!!!
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2015 at 20:25
Uri,
That is one powerful album.
One of the best I've heard this year.
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 14:03
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2016 at 13:25
Wow! Thanks a lot, we're so glad you like it that much :)
 Post Reply Post Reply