FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Kayo Dot Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 03:18
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

^The artwork I wouldn't say is cheap-looking. Just generic and unintentionally sexual.
I'm not a designer and could have done a better job in five minutes using GIMP and online free fonts. Although the artwork itself isn't to my taste its the design/font/logo that's makes it resemble some generic comic for tweens you would't look at twice - even if you were in the right age group. 

Sorry about that. I really had no intention posting here focusing on the negative, less important aspects. Imo only the their latest cover (for Coffins On Io) has a genuine esthetic appeal which is also complementary to the albums contents, but although most of their discography visually comes across as lazy afterthoughts I keep buying (mostly digital-versions I admit) and loving their music. 

and this:

...Whether by way of menacing guitars, ethereal woodwinds, or aggressive electronics...

- is what really matters and why I always come back!

LakeGlade12 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 05:33
Well as long as the artwork is not to the same level as Gamma Knife I won't be complaining lol. Its always entertaining reading the band's description of their new album, and how they can extend their metaphors to breaking point and beyond so that it makes almost no sense. They aren't quite at GSY!BE levels of ridiculousness yet, but I always have a chuckle when they described Hubardo as "pop" music or "the sound of a whale swallowing a comet, spouting a cloud of ice from its blowhole, and the shards raining down and slicing up your face." for Tartar Lambs second album. LOL   

Anyway reading between the lines I would guess we are getting a hybrid of Coffins and the sonic experimentation of Stained Glass. Add in the vast Chamber music mentioned before and I can see we are getting a very musically dense album. Where instruments are going off everywhere and keeping it all in control will be the main challenge for the album. Should be a fun listen. 5 songs in a 40 min album gives 8 min per songs on average, which is for me is the ideal song length for this band.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12