Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedquestion on submitting reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: question on submitting reviews
    Posted: March 11 2016 at 00:24
I finally decided to stop procrastinating after the 47th edit of a review I'm working on.

Anyway, log-in to the forum was fine--username & password--but when I was asked for the
same info, after clicking 'submit review', I was told 'incorrect password.'

Just looking for an explanation.
Thanks.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 01:38
^ What ... no idea. An incorrect password or an incorrect "username" (case-sensitive) you use?
InstrupsychedeMental View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 05:15
I copied and pasted--the exact same way for both log-ins--from a text file I'm using, and tried twice, which is part A of my confusion.
Part B is why, after I am already logged-in, I was being asked for my log-in again, before even entering the review.

I need an editor and/or some sleep.
I'll give it another shot later.

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 07:11
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 18:44
Thanks, chopper, that worked like a charm.
I shortened the password from 16 characters to 11 characters and--for whatever computationally
relevant reason--it granted me access to both the collaborators area as well as renewed hesitation.

Now I just have to get back into that anti-procrastination mindset that I achieved earlier.
Will be first posted of several reviews I'm working on so apprehension persists.
No doubt some tunes will help.

I'll have my review of The Machine's Drie posted by midnight, EST, barring death or something
comparably distracting.

Thanks again.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2016 at 04:15
I jumped the gun saying it 'worked like a charm.'

It logs me into an area where I can see a list of collaborators or edit my past reviews, but every time I try to log-in from the disc in question's (The Machine's Drie) page, I get asked to log in again over and over.  I have tried it while clicking 'submit a review' on each location available on said page.

The only thing I can think of is that on my settings I have it set to not show my e-mail address to the whole world (presumably that's what it means...I don't care if other members see it).  There is a blurb about e-mail address in the reviews guidelines but I have provided one upon registering.  Reading through all the review FAQs and guidelines that I can find, I am at a loss.  Another blurb about some special forum ID being required to submit reviews--'in the future'--might also be the roadblock.

Confusedtotally confusedEmbarrassed

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2016 at 04:20
Take the obvious approach: go into your browser settings and delete all cookies related to ProgArchives, then try again.

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2016 at 04:26
hmmm...just did a search of the forum for 'can't submit review' (yes, I should be trying that first) and there is some suggestion that some 'initiation process' could be required.  That's fine, I'm just not sure if it's # of forum posts or what-have-you (I think this will be a whopping 30, here).
I'll polish off some other reviews on the go and work on my 2-guitarist instrumental psych thread...kinda itching to get that fixed up anyways.  However, that will take several dozen edits which I don't believe count towards whatevas (Buckethead reference I use way too much...the 'whatevas,' that is).

I'll pester more after I've done a couple more reviews that I'm satisfied with.

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2016 at 04:46
There is no relation between reviews and the post count on the forums. There once was a limit of forum posts (which I think was lifted last year) before you could start your own topics on the forum. That was to prevent certain forms of spam. Reviews can be submitted even without posting on the forum.

I suggest you try the two things that were handed to you here, before drawing wrong conclusions:
1) remove all your ProgArchives cookies and try again
2) try changing your password to a shorter one

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2016 at 23:43
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

There is no relation between reviews and the post count on the forums.
I suggest you try the two things that were handed to you here, before drawing wrong conclusions:
1) remove all your ProgArchives cookies and try again
2) try changing your password to a shorter one

On the first part, and the thread I mentioned, I saw this:
Just contains a suggestion that such initiation (min. points or whatevas) might be relevant.

for 1) Midnight Mar.11/12th I did scans and ran crap cleaner, zapping all my cookies, history, etc.  I then rebooted and tried to submit the review.  This is where I found I could not do so and, after returning to the forum, is when I first saw the cookie-dump suggestion.  It didn't seem silly for me to conclude that old cookies was not the problem.

for 2)  I did this, as mentioned, and the shortening was able to advance me one further stage, but not to any sort of screen that permits submission of reviews.

I'll fool around with it again later--trying to get in properly, that is.
Just a bit taken aback, as my choice between certainty and nihilism would be the latter, if a gun were pointed to my head, ...

drat...now you've got me overanalyzing the word 'conclusions,' and I think I've suffered through enough epistemology lately.

I need tunes

Edited by InstrupsychedeMental - March 12 2016 at 23:45
 Post Reply Post Reply