Topic ClosedLe Silo & Djamra at RAG (Kyoto) 26.03.2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Le Silo & Djamra at RAG (Kyoto) 26.03.2016
    Posted: March 26 2016 at 21:18

March 26, 2016 ... slightly cold in Kyoto even in late March, but it was very hot and enthusiastic in Live Spot Rag. No suspicion needed hey, because here came superb combos from Tokyo and Osaka ... one were a Japanese RIO / AVant supertrio LE SILO, and another were a Japanese jazz rock pride DJAMRA. Natural it was magnificnetly hot.

They were very fine regardless of a long trip from Tokyo and played more and more powerfully and dynamically than usual, I felt.

Miyako KANAZAWA (keyboards)

Michiaki SUGANUMA (drums, percussion)

Yoshiharu IZUTSU (guitar)

They launched the first shot "German folk / An Attractive Tour For Hawaii", as if they had had much fun upon a long trip to Kyoto.

And as well, they talked pleasantly about Ramen (Chinese-style) noodles (one of their daily dishes they say lol), that they enjoyed two (!) bowls of Ramen noodles just before this gig ... oh what an appetite ... hey look at Yoshiharu's appearance of happiness and full stomach.

Anyway, their play and talk both were superbly enthusiastic, intentional, strictly improvised, and powerful. We the audience got pretty amazed at their well-harmonized kaleidoscopic sound explosion.

Always felt, they would love Kansai (Kyoto, Osaka) and they always play loudly filled with much love for our places. Obviously we together enjoyed singing and dancing just like a commune called Le Silo Family.

Via Michiaki's "Onbashira Suite 1st Movement", where solemnness and magnificence of a ritual in Nagano (his hometown) be expressed, his deep, deep, and surrealistic drumming was released. His voices sounded exactly heavenly and artistic (what a high-pitched voice indeed!) ... various scenes upon the ritual could be heard enough for every audience I guess.

Miyako's creation "Pin-Sama", that was produced along with her energetic condition and palpitation upon drinking energy drink named "Kyo Reopin" ... everybody who knew the authentic bottled energy drink could not help laughing loudly.

Yeah their time was felt short really. Thanks to the three gems for giving us a splendid performance on stage drenched in Ramen noodles lol.

Okay, this was Djamra, our Osakan Superstars!

AKihiro "ENON" ENOMOTO (drums, percussion)

Takehiko FUKUDA (keyboards)

They, after enjoying fantastic gigs like us, played and talked with a bit getting strained (ah especially as for Masaharu ... some happenings around him e.g. mistake of an announcement for the following tune or some oral typos hehe).

Oh ... my mistake, sorry hahhahaha (by WAI)

Sayaka KAWADA (trumpet)

Masaharu "WAI" Nakakita (bass)

No no their play on stage was sooo perfect enough to drive us crazy. And looked like they would ENJOY the atmosphere with their brother / sister combos.

Sayaka's pleasant, danceable performance let us more and more passionate, and Enon's rhythmical drumming was great too. Chuckled when hearing ELP's Tarkus via Takehiko's synthesizer / keyboard.

Yoshinori "SEKIPON" Seki (guitar)

A covered track "Taiwa No Kanosei (Possibility of the conversation)" composed by Katan Hiviya was massively more jazzy, multirhythmic, and colourful than previously ... this edition can be said as a "matured" stuff.

Yoshinori "SEKIPON" launched hard-edged heavy guitar sounds as well. His skill and technique must make Djamra's soundscape heavier and more matured, I believe.

Awesome fantasy had gone away soon but we the audience got remarkable power via their stages and look forward to their next one in near future. Thanks to Osakan fools (one of appreciating words in Osaka, trust me lol) for such an excellent gig.

And of course, thank you for reading this live performance review! Big smile
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2016 at 22:36
Arigatou for the photos! I'd like to see those 2 bands live! Especially Le Silo! But I like Djamra too!
Sonorous Meal show every Sunday at 20:00 (greek time) on http://www.justincaseradio.com
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2016 at 18:21
Many thanks George! Hug

I'm sure the two Japanese fantastic combos will do some gigs in Europe in near future ... anytime soon I hope. Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply