Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFunny Ways: Your Unusual Prog Opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2016 at 12:27
I find that I am unable to listen to Math Rock without doing some algebra.
Son.of.Tiresias View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 11:04
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Originally posted by Son.of.Tiresias Son.of.Tiresias wrote:

As for Philīs singing, he does excellent job on "... and Then There Were Three...". Very passionate even very powerful, quite incredible. In fact, Phil sings so good that I take every word very seriously. I listen to it quite often actually. Loved that passionate album since the day. Yes, his best ever singing is right there.
And their last great record.

Wrong. Try telling me Phil's singing on Home By the Sea takes a backseat to anything on And Then There Was Glee. It's pretty much recognized that Phil walloped the singing duties on his first time out, A Trick of the Tail, his finest singing. As for last great record, 'Glee was a muddled, lukewarm nod to the band's glory years.

Listen son, you are wasting time. 
You are living in a world of illusions.
In "... and Then There Were Three..." there īs NOTHING "muddled", anti-thesis to "lukewarm" too. Itīs sound is BIG and WIDE. And Philīs weakest singing is right there in Tail, believe or not.
You know nothing about proper stereo systems apparently.
Be a man, let your beard grow long (also moustache will do, like Collinsī once had) and buy yourself a decent stereo system.

Ah, I corrected my typo: Dude is masterpiece, but not in Prog Big smile.

Edited by Son.of.Tiresias - October 23 2016 at 11:14
You may see a smile on Tony Banksī face but thatīs unlikely.
Son.of.Tiresias View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 11:30
Originally posted by HosiannaMantra HosiannaMantra wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by SpookyGhost SpookyGhost wrote:

Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Might be weird, but I don't think Santana should be considered prog. They have their unique sound, no question about it, but it's more classic rock with a latin beat than prog-rock.
Also, a lot of the metal bands are somehow considered prog, which is a long stretch by far, since they show very little innovation or uniqueness.

I didn't even know Santana was a prog band in the first place

Not an unusual opinion btw.....but they are listed here as jazz fusion....a sub genre...., but there are many bands here as prog related; The Who, Led Zep, BOC,  etc that probably don't belong here and others that should be but aren't.
Smile
Perhaps not the pure prog, but they had quite progressive way of fusing things in the early days and had an impact on later prog bands (Samurai, Camel, Birth Control...) at some point, especially Greg Rolie's organ playing and interplays with guitar. I think there are many more questionable artists included on PA, from Between the Buried and Me to Björk.

Exactly PROGRESSIVE. Created latin/rock/funk/world music/fusion. SANTANA sound is cosmic, but only with Gregg Rolie Ying Yang

You may see a smile on Tony Banksī face but thatīs unlikely.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 14:14

Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

As for Philīs singing, he does excellent job on "... and Then There Were Three...". Very passionate even very powerful, quite incredible. In fact, Phil sings so good that I take every word very seriously. I listen to it quite often actually. Loved that passionate album since the day. Yes, his best ever singing is right there.
And their last great record.

Wrong. Try telling me Phil's singing on Home By the Sea takes a backseat to anything on And Then There Was Glee. It's pretty much recognized that Phil walloped the singing duties on his first time out, A Trick of the Tail, his finest singing. As for last great record, 'Glee was a muddled, lukewarm nod to the band's glory years.

Listen son, you are wasting time. 
You are living in a world of illusions.
In "... and Then There Were Three..." there īs NOTHING "muddled", anti-thesis to "lukewarm" too. Itīs sound is BIG and WIDE. And Philīs weakest singing is right there in Tail, believe or not.
You know nothing about proper stereo systems apparently.
Be a man, let your beard grow long (also moustache will do, like Collinsī once had) and buy yourself a decent stereo system.

Ah, I corrected my typo: Dude is masterpiece, but not in Prog Big smile.

Really. Try telling me where Phil's singing is weak on 'Trick. Try. And he was known to sport a beard, or don't you remember. Obviously you don't as your memory is poor as it is on And Then There Was Glee.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617