Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRogue Element for Progressive Electronic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rogue Element for Progressive Electronic
    Posted: May 24 2016 at 12:21
I have noticed Brendan Pollard has already been included in Prog Archives as Progressive Electronic as his music deserves to be here. I noticed that Rogue Element, an electronic duo consisting of Pollard and Jerome Ramsey hasn't been included. This is your Berlin School EM music, from the UK, not too terribly different from say, Radio Massacre International, Redshift, Air Sculpture, Free System Projekt, and the old pioneers like Tangerine Dream, Schulze, even solo Edgar Froese. As expected, lots of analog synths, sequencers, and Mellotron. Here's "Beyond Cerebrus" from Premonition from 2004:

Note how it starts off sounding like Edgar Froese's Epsilon in Malaysian Pale with Phaedra-type Mellotron phasing.

Here's one off Storm Passage from 2010 called "Elements":

As far as I can tell, they released Premonition in 2004, Storm Passage in 2010, and Rare Tracks Vol. 1 to 3 also in 2010. Turns out that Storm Passage was actually recorded in 1999, apparently released as a very limited edition CD-r of 25 copies at the time distributed to dealers, but a more readily available release didn't appear until 2010. So Premonition was their first "widely available" release.

So what do you think? To me Rogue Element deserves to be in PA because it's very musically similar to Brendan Pollard's solo material, which is really no surprise given his involvement.

Brendan Pollard has his own Bandcamp page that includes Rogue Element material as well as solo found here:

http://brendanpollard.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Progfan97402 - May 24 2016 at 12:40
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2016 at 12:34
Brought it to the team's attention, thanks Thumbs Up
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator