Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMike Keneally Radio Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike Keneally Radio Interview
    Posted: August 01 2016 at 05:19
Hi all! If you missed last night's Deep Cuts with guest Mike Keneally, you can now stream it here at your leisure.

Listen to older shows here: mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2016 at 10:37
Nicely done, great episode Thumbs Up I'm surprised you didn't play a single Jethro Tull track Tongue
progrockdeepcuts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2016 at 15:53
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Nicely done, great episode Thumbs Up I'm surprised you didn't play a single Jethro Tull track Tongue

Thank you! Why is that?

Listen to older shows here: mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2016 at 03:27
^ There was at least one Jethro Tull and Frank Zappa track on every episode I listened to, I thought it was mandatory Tongue
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2016 at 08:45
Hi,

Been listening to some of these, and while not super great, it is good and lots of fun. Hearing the newer material is kinda nice, although I wish that it could be less about the "song", within a radio context, and more about the music itself.

Also, the only complaint I have, is that after listening to 4 shows (and it is a MINOR complaint!) it's almost all Anglo-Saxon, and this is not a good representation of "progressive music", specially when it happened all over the world, but we did not have ears for it because we were constipated with our own religion!

Guy Guden and his late "Space Pirate Radio" show, still is, by light years, the most progressive and original of all music shows!

Edited by moshkito - August 03 2016 at 09:06
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2016 at 17:39
Great show, nice to hear new Keneally and his tastes. Really over the moon over Fly Lo!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2016 at 07:09
Hi,

Heard a few more shows, about 8 or 9 now, and all in all ... it's too much on the top ten oriented design with the same 4 or 5 bands having to be played ... as if our interest was indicated strictly by that work. 

All in all, not to be down on things, but too much King Crimson and Frank Zappa and Bent Knee (nice change at least!) and Muffins and Mike K and Gentle Giant, makes one want to hear something else ... instead of the same thing over and over again.

I always assimilate some kind of repetition, in this kind of context, as the very thing that hurt radio and progressive music in general. We need to get back to the "revolution", and not be afraid to play more independently minded stuff, and less of the kind of material that ... is the same thing over and over again. 

I appreciate FZ and KC as much as anyone (over 30 CD's of both for me!), but in the end, there is so much more music that is being ignored, and that is my only complaint. AND, it is a minor complaint! But, because our listening and appreciation is (sometimes) so limited, in the end, we lose the ability to appreciate and understand a lot of other material all around.

Edited by moshkito - August 12 2016 at 06:04
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply