Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeven Impale... what happened?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 11:30
I went back and listened to all three albums in succession to see what it was that frustrates me, and I think jonross hit the nail on the head. I love the soft, fragile vocals of the first two albums, and they often appear on this one. But when they do the operatic thing, especially on the first track... well, I don't enjoy that nearly as much. After a couple more listens I'm not quite as put off as I was at first, but it's still not as good. I love the tracks 2-4 and 8, but for me the album starts (track 1) and ends poorly (tracks 6, 7, 9). The atmospheric parts don't connect with me either.

Anyway, it's definitely a step down from the last one, but I suppose very few bands are able to maintain that level of quality throughout.
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 12:01
I looking to it from 2 P.O.Vs : 1- As a New stuff (apart of their previous releases) , 2- As Seven Impale's new album. 
1- Its a pretty good album but its not my fave music. Too Noisy for my ears but I found many enjoyable (for me) parts in this album. 3/5 star IMO.

2- Not a good album from the band. I expected better stuff from them. IMO They choose Wrong path! BUT I don't know what they like! Perhaps they like this kind of music more.

javajeff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2016 at 19:44
I wrote a review a few days ago, and I mentioned the change in vocals. The new vocals remind me of Brendan Perry from Dead Can Dance. I bought all three albums at one time, so I am completely new to he band. I find the new album to be more experimental. I listen to all three together and have no complaints. The style of music is right up my alley, so I look forward to the next one.

Edited by javajeff - September 29 2016 at 19:46
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12