Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi
    Posted: October 03 2016 at 11:27
Hello! Lately I have really gotten into prog, as an escape, I guess. I love everything about it. I love that every song is more of an experience than a song, and I love that there are so many different bands to discover and to explore, and I love that each one is very different, and I love the mystery, and the way they seem to teleport you to a different plane of existence. I'm sure you can relate to the frustration that comes from there being so few other people who love, listen to, or even know or progressive rock. It's worse for me because all that anyone my age listens to is simple, mind-numbing, autotuned top 40, which admittedly is very fun to listen to sometimes but for me isn't enough to hold my attention. I'm a girl and I'm a teenager so it's nearly impossible for me to find people who can have intelligent discussions and especially difficult to find ones who can talk about this sort of music. I'm sure you will all be a welcome breath of fresh air and I'm excited to learn about everything I don't know yet about this music.
King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2016 at 11:33
Welcome to the forum!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2016 at 12:01
Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here.

One of the things that is really pertinent to prog is, no matter how many years you listen to it, there is always something new to learn about it, both in music that becomes familiar, and new music. It is, I believe, the characteristic about prog which is shared with so few other genres of music, maybe classical and jazz only, to the same degree.

Anyhow, enjoy.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply