Rufus Zuphall - Weiss Der Teufel

diddy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2004 at 13:19
Originally posted by Possessed Possessed wrote:

Pell Mell - Marburg

Hey, the City "Marburg" is not far away from here
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear...
George Orwell
Possessed View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2004 at 13:26
Great! I really love that CD!
terramystic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 07:24
When I hear KRAUTROCK I imagane German space rock bands with strong psychedelic and experimental elements like early Pink Floyd. First that come to mind are Can, Faust, Amon Düül. Some bands also had some trippy elements but their music had a different approach - Popol Vuh, Grobschnitt, Cluster, Kraan... I don't know why such different bands are thrown in the same subgenre?
maddog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 20:00

I was introduced in kraut rock in my first college years with  Phallus Dei of Amon Duul II. After many years of searching this genre and many months of listening to all these "nutcases" i might say that is my favorite music of all.Nevertheless, i will not give you any list of unknown diamonds but mostly what i believe kraut classics,something that the "In-Rocks" and "Sgt. Peppers" of kraut.....

1.Yeti-Amon Duul II        &nbs p;         &nbs p;      

....absolute masterpiece in every way.From the spooky Pale Gallery, to the cacophonous psychedelic opera Soap Shop Rock, from the pervert riff of Cerberus to the improsivation of Yeti and Yeti talks to Yogi, a must, not only about anyone that want to learn more about Kraut Rock but also about anyone that don't think that music is about shaking his ass with the rhythm.

2.Grobschnitt-Grobschnitt

.....i agree, there are many records of Grobschnitt that are not kraut but not this. I have it in CD with the 30 minutes live version of  Die Sinfonie and anyone that have heard it must agree this is psychedelic rock in it's best.

3.Electronic Meditation-Tangerine Dream

.....i like this album a little little less than more spacey albumsd like Atem or Alpha Centauri but this is the most earthly album, it's the only one with the one and only Klaus Schulze in the band, and eventhough it's not so related with the later albums,it's a very fine introduction to their music (and your burning brain for these that prefer to listen to music after smoking some kind of tea...)

4.Faust IV- Faust

....again if i was ttalking to my self  i would say the first,selftitled album was the best but this may have disasterous effects to any neebie in prog-psychedelic music (such as not listening again anything less straightforward than Motorhead or more complicated than AC/DC)....so Faust IV. A minimalistic masterpiece with many musical surprises and more styles, even progressive reggae, if something like that can exist(the sad skinhead).Furthermore in this album exist the selftitled "national anthem" of krautrock.

5.Close encounter with their third one-Eiliff

....yes, Eiliff are not among the krautrock "stars"...yes this album is not even a record but something like a live show(a radio show if i remember correctly) ,but it's one
album with jazz-rock directly from  hell (as Frank Zappa would say), and with a "i don't mind what masses hear,as long as i am not one of them" kind of attitude that personally love...Coca-Cola  trickles  down your  Gibson and you  accept, it is  your heritage, your cup of meat, your bowl of Hallimasch, Hallimasch,Hallimasch is killing us (Hallimasch)

.....also checkout  Amon Duul II until "Made in Germany", "Tago Mago", "Ege Bamyasi","Future Days" from Can, "Neu 75" from Neu, anything from Tangerine dream(especially if you like ambient),Guru Guru from "UFO" to "Der Elektrolursch","Faust", "Faust so far" from Faust, Grobschnitt until "solar music live",anything from Ash Ra Tempel,"Malesch" from  Agitation Free,the  4 projects of Cosmic Jokers,"Klopfzeichen" from Kluster and anything from Popol Vuh when you ll get 35 years old...and then, if you still want to learn more about kraut,listen and to Kraftwerk....

Vielleicht irrte sich der general-general-general
Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 21:27
oo krautrock i loovee! its my favorite genre of prog. what i say would be the best example of krautrockk, olo there are many differtent syltes, id go with eggbiamsa or whatnmot. i consider that to be the "classic" sounding kautrock. but all kraturock has its charms.
Neu!mann View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 23:11

My two cents, after listening to the stuff for three decades (more or less)...

any CAN through Landed (but Tago Mago is definitive)

the first Neu! album (Neu! 2 if you're feeling really perverse)

any Faust through Faust 4 (I agree with Julian Cope that the sax solo at the end of It's a Rainy Day...Sunsunshine Girl off the Faust 2 album is to die for)

early (pre Autobahn) Kraftwerk

Cluster (when they spelled their name with a "K")

early (pre-sequencer) Tangerine Dream

Klaus Schulze's debut album Irrlicht (played so loud that it interferes with your brainwaves)

...and has anyone ever heard the Uberfallig album by Gunter Schickert? Great stuff: Like classic TD or Klaus Schulze but with guitars instead of synths.

Michael Neumann

DallasBryan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 23:20
Uberfallig is a great little known album! Liliental is
another!
Robert Schroeder's Brain Voyager?

Edited by DallasBryan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12